PDA

View Full Version : Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day

Beelze
03-14-2005, 04:50 PM
About one month ago (can't believe I missed it...) Troy Duffy, the man behind Boondock Saints, visited the official BDS message board...

... and confirmed (http://theboondocksaints.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4352&st=0) that the sequel is indeed going made! http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The script is pretty much done, he has spoken with the actors (apparently he even got Willem Dafoe to return, even though Dafoe originally didn't want to), and he thinks he has succeeded in pushing the envelope with this sequel.

So, it seems like the ball is a-rolling. The movie will be made! As with all sequels, here goes hoping that it won't disappoint!

Oh, joy!

Ruger
03-14-2005, 06:24 PM
But he says in that link that Willem will NOT be in the sequel. What am I missing here? http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Piano Man
03-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I hope to god it Has billy connolly in it. He is a STAR... He was cool in it.

Thief
03-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Wow, finally some news on the sequel! A damn shame Willem won't be returning, but I'm glad the movie is finally being made.

Mediocre, Man.
03-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Gah, conflicting information... Is Willem in or not?

toadsponge
03-15-2005, 02:52 AM
The real question is, if Dafoe is in it, will he be in drag?

Qtipie
03-15-2005, 03:06 AM
i didn't doubt that it was going to get made, it was just a matter of 'when'. the boondock saints have a huge following, i love that film!

and i don't care as much for willem dafoe as i care for sean patrick flanery http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beelze
03-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Mediocre, Man. said:
Gah, conflicting information... Is Willem in or not?

Hah, sorry everyone. Temporary reading disorder. http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/doh.gif

Willem isn't in. I guess that's because he doesn't consider it good enough for him. Or maybe he didn't fit in the story (I don't see how Troy couldn't find some place for him though, so I guess he just doesn't want to be in it).

Beelze
03-18-2005, 02:34 PM
More of the same (http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/article/02020503.php)

Just some more coverage for those who still doubt it.

boondocksaint
03-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Freaking sweet.

Daveman
03-23-2005, 03:58 AM
I'm not sure Dafoe even needs to be in the second one. Honestly, his character has done all that it could. Dafoe in the first movie represented "us", those watching the crimes from the outside, and in the end supporting the crimes themselves. In the sequel, there's no need for that as we already support the actions. Anyway, good to know it's finally being made (it was due to start filming a year ago http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love.gif)

Beelze
03-23-2005, 05:20 AM
"Instead" of Dafoe it seems the movie will have Marley Shelton (http://imdb.com/name/nm0005420/). What role she's going to play, we don't know. While I haven't heard it from Duffy himself, there will apparently be no romance in the movie, which is good (I dislike it when people throw in a romance just for the heck of it).

Parkar
10-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Bumping this super old thread since the movie is not only on track to get made again, they have even started shooting \o/.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2008/10/boondock-saints-2-begins-shooting.html

Mr.Fibbles
10-29-2008, 05:28 PM
holy schnikies! I missed this thread?!!?

Boondock Saints is a favorite of mine. . .I will have to now keep track of this.

edit: also this article is funny with the DNF references
Regardless, you can imagine our shock and awe when our inbox suddenly contained news that not only had the film been greenlit, but it had actually begun production! And for anyone keeping track, both Duke and Democracy look ready for public consumption, too. Apparently miracles do indeed happen.
I laughed at that a little.

Parkar
10-29-2008, 05:32 PM
holy schnikies! I missed this thread?!!?

Boondock Saints is a favorite of mine. . .I will have to now keep track of this.

edit: also this article is funny with the DNF references

I laughed at that a little.

Thats actualy how I found it, it showed up as a google alert for Duke Nukem :). Almost fell of my chair when I reread the title and realised it said Boondock Saints and not Saints Row which I for some reason read the first time.

Amakou
10-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Boondock Saints is in my top ten favorite movies....BUT!

I feel that a sequel will probably not go over well, fail to live up to the first, and even probably damage the first in some way.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'll be right.

~Amakou~

Daveman
10-30-2008, 12:46 AM
I bet it won't have the same level of excitement now that it's a well-known name. I mean, the first one had 2 million dollars and 30 days of shooting and it was definitely affected by this. Does anyone actually think the second one will be shot under the same conditions?

Ramen4ever
10-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Lets hope this is going to be good. I want more comedy and less religion.

Beelze
10-31-2008, 06:11 AM
Thanks for the news, Parkar - Made my morning. :)

As I'm used to sequels not living up the originals or somehow disappointing me, I'd just shrug my shoulders if it does turn out to suck.

I hope that even with an increased budget (if that is the case), they'll still go with making gunfights quickly resolved ones - no diving behind sofas and shooting at each other for thirty minutes.

Glad he won't bother with a love interest, even with the presence of a female lead (as announced in the video blog).

Cleric
11-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Wow, I remember seeing news for this shortly after I became a fan of the original. I had thought the sequel was canned. Good news, if it can match the qualities of the first.

Hudson
11-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Now we need House of Re-animator

Beelze
11-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Now we need House of Re-animator
We do. :)

gt1750
11-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Loved the first one, but I'm not sure if I have any faith in the sequel.

Beelze
07-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Trailer to debut at Comic Con on the 25th.

Amakou
07-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Fingers crossed...

~Amakou~

Cleric
07-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Nice. Let's all hope that it's not going to be trash. I have a feeling that it will be underwhelming, though.

Hudson
07-28-2009, 10:45 PM
The trailer uploaded anywhere?

Beelze
07-30-2009, 06:26 AM
The trailer uploaded anywhere?
It will be up at www.sonypictures.com/movies/boondocksaints2/

Nice. Let's all hope that it's not going to be trash. I have a feeling that it will be underwhelming, though.
Being a popcorn film, it will overwhelm one with salt and butter.

3dfan
08-21-2009, 09:03 AM
I really enjoyed the first movie - hope the leading actors will stay the same or at least the new ones will be also very good :)

Beelze
09-03-2009, 05:19 AM
Trailer here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue0rmWo6JdA). Wasn't wow:ed by anything, but it looks like it will be decent.

Thief
09-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Wow, Sean Patrick Flanery looks like he's aged 20 years...can barely recognize him...

Sailboat
12-09-2009, 08:58 PM
I had the displeasure of watching this movie the other night. I was extremely disappointed with this movie.... definitely not even worth seeing it in the dollar theaters!
To me, it seemed that they tried to capitalize on all the good scenes/scenarios/dialogue from the first movie... essentially copying everything that made the first one good, but instead they managed to completely screw it up.
The humor was not funny at all, the action sequences were just "meh", the sidekick they picked up was completely unnecessary.
Overall, it was 2 hours too long, and those are 2 hours I will never get back... if only there was a way for me to erase my memory of that movie. It was so much of a let-down, it has almost ruined the experience of the first movie... almost.

Conan of Cooma
12-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Hmmm. Sounds... Interesting.

Phayzon
12-09-2009, 10:12 PM
I saw it about a month ago now. I actually enjoyed it, or maybe I just enjoyed the girl I saw it with (who also enjoyed the movie) :)

Ruger
12-09-2009, 11:40 PM
There was one simply awesome scene, utterly worth the price of admission, and that was Julie Benz's crime scene "re-write" walkthrough. That part was genius, on the level of the first film, possibly better. The rest of the flick was kind of uneven. The balance was tilted more thoroughly to comedy this time, with really no serious moments, or even faux serious moments. As a big John Woo fan, I have to say that part of that directors appeal, aside from the action, is the unabashedly overwrought melodrama he works into the plot. The first Boondock film had that same feeling in parts with Rocco's death, and the brothers getting into a big shootout with their own father. The sequel was more looney tunes, zany-style spoof. Was sort of nice to be proven wrong about my earlier post in the thread though. I'd heard rumors once it came out that Willem might get a cameo, but I was unsure until the very end if he'd really show up.

Amakou
12-10-2009, 12:57 AM
I have to disagree as well. I was worried that it would be absolutely abysmal, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's main problems in my mind were that some of the jokes were a little forced, and Julie Benz's accent felt unnecessary and a little distracting. My favorite reference to the first film has to be
the cat in the dream sequence. :D
~Amakou~

Conan of Cooma
12-10-2009, 02:10 AM
And there was a fire-fight!

Hudson
12-10-2009, 08:54 PM
I've figured this movie was either going to be a Caddyshack 2 (i.e. horrible) or a Clerks 2 (i.e. awesome) there's really no gray area with a series like this. I'll have to wait to see it to make my final decision.

Paroxysm
12-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I've figured this movie was either going to be a Caddyshack 2 or a Clerks 2

So really it's doomed either way.

PsychoGoatee
12-12-2009, 03:12 AM
Heyo, I love Clerks II myself.

Boondock Saints II is a lot of fun too, not as good as the original, but still a lot of fun. And the ending is awesome!

(Note the epic use of roman numerals)