PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Friend Codes

08-01-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm sure a few people here use DS online, so post which games you play and the friend codes associated. :)

Tetris DS - 356447 759210
Mario Kart DS - 064500 086127

Phayzon
08-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Ooh I'll have to look up my codes when I get a shot. I have Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters, and Animal Crossing. Im almost never on though

08-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah well forget Mario Kart....unless there is a way to play with friends-list players only. I'm fed up with this snaking garbage. I learned about what it was a few days ago and frankly it takes all the fun away for me. I'll stick with single player thanks....:(

Paroxysm
08-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Yeah snaking does ruin it for casual players.

I'd post my friend codes but I don't like playing online so it's pretty pointless.

08-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah its not really cheating, but what the heck is the point in playing if everyone is going to jump around like pansies?

Twin
08-04-2006, 02:38 AM
if you can't beat em join em :p that's what i do anyway :D

but yeah, i will post my friend codes later...it'll be nice to play animal crossing with somebody else instead of the same friend over and over again :p

Daveman
08-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Bump. :)

My Mario Kart code is 420982 699099. I don't have a USB WiFi adapter yet, but I plan on getting one soon to play StarFox with. :)

Oasiz
08-26-2006, 03:32 AM
Mario kart DS: 287830 323037.

Daveman
08-28-2006, 02:17 PM
How do you check your Code in Metroid Prime Hunters? I finally got the connector working and I've got Tetris DS, Mario Kart, and Prime Hunters ready to play online. :)

My Tetris DS code is 916798 429821

10-23-2006, 04:29 AM
Clubhouse Games Code:

2320 0960 8650

11-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Bump again

Star Fox Command:

610 778 908 304

Not that it matters, seems no one plays this at all online. I can't even get into a game.

Bump. :)

My Mario Kart code is 420982 699099. I don't have a USB WiFi adapter yet, but I plan on getting one soon to play StarFox with. :)

I'm getting invalid on that, have you registered it?

ZuljinRaynor
11-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Ouch... I clearly see why friends codes suck from seeing what they actually look like. Don't they get reset if you put them in a different DS or something?

LeadBullet
11-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Mario Kart:
498 293 552 099

I don't play online all that often lately though. Too much keeping me busy.

But if that "snaking" stuff is the people that appear to be skidding back and forth and that somehow allows them to drive 500mph then yeah basically I said something along the lines of "f**k that bullshit" to my girlfriend after we both bought a copy and played online that very night with my older brother and a friend of hers, where her friend basically did that to drive super f**king fast, so much that he could afford to get a star, hit us with it and then stop and turn around and come hit us with it 2-3 more times before we could start to drive again, yet still manage to get way the hell in the lead again. At which point she had the duty of explaining to her friend that we both basically thought he was a fag, and by showing us that was in the game, pretty much made us wish we hadn't bought a flawed game and that there was a SNES mode. We all have handhelds for simple casual gaming, and don't feel like being required to sit down playing Mario Kart forever to learn how to do that well enough to compete.

Me and my brother both signed off and removed the guy from our list. We had not played any other Mario Kart game since the SNES one and could handle the other little changes since then just fine, but that pissed us off royally that they'd take a simple fun game and ruin it like that. But to answer the other person's question, yes there is a way to play with friends only. Just check your menu when you are signing into WiFi, it's pretty simple. But that snaking shit is the main reason I refuse to play with other people unless its my girlfriend or older brother because they're the only ones I know who have it who don't do that stuff.

seregrail7
11-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Ouch... I clearly see why friends codes suck from seeing what they actually look like. Don't they get reset if you put them in a different DS or something?
Yeah, they're generated from the game and console.

LeadBullet
11-05-2006, 03:37 PM
BTW what are some other good Multiplayer DS games?

I was thinking about the new bomberman that has internet multiplay, but then read in a couple reviews that the game is very often laggy in multiplayer, even with only a few people playing to the point where people often die because its a game that requires quick thinking and reflexes and bad lag ruins it. So I decided against it.

11-05-2006, 03:37 PM
But that snaking shit is the main reason I refuse to play with other people unless its my girlfriend or older brother because they're the only ones I know who have it who don't do that stuff.

Yeah its pretty much ruined the online portion for me personally. Worse - in the 150cc mode you are practically forced to do it a little if you expect to stay ahead without frustration. The solution is just to play solo, but I agree that Nintendo needs to rework that shit if they make another Mario Kart.

I don't really have any decent online games as of yet. Clubhouse games is probably the best because its so simple and addictive. A game of chess or bowling is always fun and you really can't cheat. ;)

What other games are worth buying for MP? I hear Metroid, but what else?

LeadBullet
11-05-2006, 03:44 PM
The only downside of these games is the price is always fixed despite the type of game. I can see paying the normal full price for a full platform game like Mario, Castlevania DoS (hard as shit to finally find a copy) and all that, but I really really don't feel like paying $35 or whatever just to play Tetris. I've played it a bunch on a borrowed copy, but still think it should be no more than $20.

Aside from all that I just preordered this (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180197A) comes with cool bonuses and stuff. It has WiFi play but apparently isn't to scream about. I'm not getting it for multiplayer anyway. Probably will get Final Fantasy 3 next.

But still its hard to find good information on multiplayer games. Usually it seems in reviews that information about WiFi play is just a a single short paragraph and an afterthought in interviews.

11-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Well it might be fixed, but I prefer these prices to Gamecube or PC titles ;) Also Tetris includes many more modes than you would think, and is quite damn addictive. Of course thats assuming they are your cup of tea.

I'm also interested in FF3, but yeah again its not really wifi material.

The best source for wifi stuff is Nintendo's Wifi website: nintendowifi.com because if a game isn't listed there then its not multiplayer. The list is very small right now though, with the most players on Mario Kart, Metroid and Animal Crossing.

LeadBullet
11-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Theres apparently WiFi functionality in FF3 but I think it might just be Mognet. I'd rather have parties duel each other or something.

But yeah I've played Tetris a lot. I borrowed it from someone while I went out of town for a family thing and played it a lot. It was fun and I tried all the modes but it just seems to simple a game to really warrant the price. Throwing in chunky pixeled old NES graphics and music is neat but doesn't change my opinion.

Maybe I'll have to look at Metriod then.

- btw thought it was funny that the main page of the nintendo wifi site has 4 people playing DSs. Three are up front playing on white handhelds, then theres a black guy at the back, and hes the only one with a black DS. :o

Daveman
11-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Metroid online is stupid. People are way too good at it. Turns out the only time I played for more than five minutes was when I was playing against the widely-accepted best player in the world. I would literally die right as I spawned. The controls are a little too clunky (better than on any console, though) and the gameplay just isn't that redeeming. The game isn't even that good. Tetris online is pretty fun if you play with 4 people at once. It's probably the best game online I've got.

I'm looking for Tony Hawk's American Sk8land and I hear there's still somewhat of an online community.

11-05-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm looking for Tony Hawk's American Sk8land and I hear there's still somewhat of an online community.

Have you....ever played a Tony Hawk Online? Be prepared to lose. In score matches people have been known to rank up impossible scores with ease. I can kick major ass in THUG2, but in the DS one I find it hard to even get a respectable score comparable to what I've seen in videos. :(

Daveman
11-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Oh, well either way I want to play the game. I loved the originals and the scheme is largely the same so I would enjoy picking it up from time to time.

Downhill Jam could be cool online as well.

11-15-2006, 09:32 PM
I bought FF3 and the mognet friend code is:

It apparently unlocks some secret bonus stuff if messages are exchanged. If anyone else buys it, let me know and we'll help each other out. :)

Phait
06-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Sooo how do you play online with the DS? Do you need a Wii?

06-16-2007, 12:12 PM
No, just a wireless access point or router. You can buy that nintendo usb thing if you don't have either.

You need a game that has online play of course. What do you have so far?

EDIT - Btw all my friend codes are now null and void if anyone looks to this thread. Since getting my DS Lite I have new ones. :o

Phait
06-16-2007, 12:23 PM
I've got a WAP.

And as far a games, just True Swing Golf. I'll update in the Buy thread when I get more. I really want New Super Mario Bros, just not at $35 :D But I may just pick up Super Mario Land GBA.

And I may want that Dementium game.

06-16-2007, 12:25 PM
The price point is actually very attractive for me. Plus NSMB comes with some extra touchscreen minigames, which had actually eaten a great deal of my time when I first got my DS. :D

I'm looking forward to Sim City and FFIV for the DS. :D Not sure what else is on the horizon.

Amakou
06-16-2007, 02:28 PM
OK, I had a question, my router is 1) set to WPA and 2) incompatible with the DS even when it is set to WEP.

So will the USB thing actually work?

~Amakou~