PDA

View Full Version : Monster Bash Full Version?

TomVDJ
06-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Hey, I own the shareware version of Monster Bash + Episode / Part 2 & 3. In the shareware version you can try to select part 2 or 3 when you begin to play. If you select part 2 or 3, you get the message to buy the other two parts.

I want to know if there is a version or a possibility to select the other two parts in that screen if you actually own them, so you can swith episodes without leaving the game (just as in Wolfenstein3D). So if you select part 2 in the shareware version, you actually go to part two, not to the screen with the info to buy...

So basicly: is there a version of Monster Bash that combines all episodes, or just a Shareware version + standalone part 2 + standalone part 3?

Joe Siegler
06-15-2007, 09:05 AM
They're all separate.

TomVDJ
06-15-2007, 09:27 AM
I heard there is also a registered version of episode 1? What's the difference between the registered version and the shareware version?

Shadow Master
06-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Um... Duke Nukem II and Wolf 3D are the only Apogee games I can recall having that feature inside the game.

Joe Siegler
06-15-2007, 10:55 AM
I heard there is also a registered version of episode 1? What's the difference between the registered version and the shareware version?

One is paid for - one is not. But we don't sell the game that way. You buy it, you get all the episodes; you have to run 'em separately. That was in the shareware version as a point to remind you that there's more to the game than the shareware episode.

06-15-2007, 11:16 AM

The shareware has only 3 levels, whereas the registered actually has the enitre episode 1 + the other two. It's one of the very few shareware titles that isn't a full episode.

Kristian Joensen
06-15-2007, 11:51 AM
You must be confusing the regular shareware with the version described with the version described in this tidbit on the release history page of this website: "

"Jul 27: Monster Bash "Lite" 2.1 Released. This was simply a 3 level shareware (As opposed to the regular 10) episode released due to the thought at the time that a 1 meg zip file was too large for people to download. :) Since removed from distribution."

06-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Yeah thats the one. It came on a demo disc I had back in the day.

Joe Siegler
06-18-2007, 11:29 AM
The shareware has only 3 levels, whereas the registered actually has the enitre episode 1 + the other two. It's one of the very few shareware titles that isn't a full episode.

That is incorrect. Monster Bash Shareware has the same full episode like all our other games do. The thing is back in the day, the shareware version of Monster Bash was the first thing we ever released that was larger than 1MB.

It was felt at the time that folks wouldn't download it due to the size, so a "Monster Bash Lite" was created - the shareware version with just three levels.

Read thy Apogee FAQ first. :)

Litude
06-18-2007, 03:14 PM
I think the Monster Bash shareware was the same deal as the Bio Menace shareware one, some ads urging you to order the full version of the game were displayed randomly. Not completely sure about this though.

Sharpie
06-23-2007, 12:55 AM
i hope monster bash is the next game that 3drealms will make freeware. That was an awesome game but unfortunately i lost it and dont feel like its worth buying again

Joe Siegler
06-23-2007, 01:22 PM
As I've said a zillion times, games we still sell are not candidates to make freeware. We still sell Bash, so no.

Nukkus
06-24-2007, 05:38 AM
i hope monster bash is the next game that 3drealms will make freeware. That was an awesome game but unfortunately i lost it and dont feel like its worth buying again

Ok the games not awesome, and you want to play it, yet $10 is too much for ya? Hypocracy!

supergoofy
06-24-2007, 05:45 AM
And to add to Joe Siegler post: I don't it will cost you much to buy Bash.
By the way, I never heard of this game.