PDA

View Full Version : How do you overlap sectors?

08-17-2000, 10:09 PM
How do you overlap sectors? The build help program gives only advice on doing it and not how to do it at all. How do you do stuff like conveyor belts? Does that require locator sprites or something?

------------------
Revenge is a dish that is best served cold - Klingon Proverb

08-17-2000, 11:05 PM
specify what about overlapping scetors you want to know. A conveyor belt is a sector with a sector effector in it with a lotag of 24 which identifies that sector as a conveyor belt and angle the sector effector in the direction you want it to move towards. well you know what i mean. also put in a gspeed sprite (10) with a hitag identifing the speed. the lower the number the slower the conveyor belt. i use any where from 1500 to 2100.

08-17-2000, 11:06 PM
also texture 1156 looks nice as the actual belt.

08-17-2000, 11:26 PM
Hmm... you just have to build one sector, have a hallway (or stairs) coming out of it, and into the second sector. Like this:

Sector B gets built first.
DON'T build sector A until the very end.
Make sector C climb or slope higher or lower
than Sector B.
Attach sectors C to the new Sector A.

I have an EXCELLANT example map I could send you if you want it.

------------------
CoNcOrDe StRiKeS aGaIn!!!
Webmaster of ---
------------
Email: concorde48@hotmail.com
------------
DoNt LeT tHe InSaNiTy TaKe CoNtRoL!!

Ding Bat
08-18-2000, 02:06 AM
If you want to have child sectors in the different rooms (ie,a desk,bed,cabinets), build each floor seperatly, then move one of the sectors into place.

if you build the sectors one over the other, then decide to add child sectors, you will have a problem getting the child sectors on the right floor.

08-18-2000, 06:44 PM
RE: How to make stuff like office buildings etc, where you have several floors, and elevators etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by staind234:
specify what about overlapping scetors you want to know. A conveyor belt is a sector with a sector effector in it with a lotag of 24 which identifies that sector as a conveyor belt and angle the sector effector in the direction you want it to move towards. well you know what i mean. also put in a gspeed sprite (10) with a hitag identifing the speed. the lower the number the slower the conveyor belt. i use any where from 1500 to 2100. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
I'm not fat, I'm festively plump

-Eric Cartman