Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > Bløgg
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

I will bløgg about Formula 1 and TV shows.
Rate this Entry

2008 F1 Italy GP Quali: Vettel on pole, rain makes Monza scary

Submit "2008 F1 Italy GP Quali: Vettel on pole, rain makes Monza scary" to Digg Submit "2008 F1 Italy GP Quali: Vettel on pole, rain makes Monza scary" to del.icio.us Submit "2008 F1 Italy GP Quali: Vettel on pole, rain makes Monza scary" to StumbleUpon Submit "2008 F1 Italy GP Quali: Vettel on pole, rain makes Monza scary" to Google
Posted 09-13-2008 at 10:56 PM by Bludd

Holy crap! What a special qualifying that was.

Only Toro Rosso and Toyota managed to get two cars into Q3. Both Kimi Räikkönen and Lewis Hamilton couldn't make it to Q3 and ended up in P14 and P15 respectively.

Massa, the runner-up in the driver's world championship is in P6.

Vettel made all the right decisions, and were out there at the right time to take that pole position, his first ever and Toro Rosso's first ever too. Bourdais was just beat by Webber for P3; two Toro Rossos in the three first positions would be extraordinary. Still two Toro Rossos on the two first rows is still amazing.

Just another little fact tidbit: Vettel's pole position makes him the youngest driver ever in the history of the sport to be on pole for a Grand Prix.

Kovalainen landed on P2, he was the fastest during the entire qualifier, but since the times are wiped between each session, it doesn't count for the final grid.

My hero, Fernando Alonso managed to get P8 which is okay-ish. I would hope to see him higher, but maybe Renault focused on the race strategy for tomorrow, I dunno. I can't wait for the race! :D

Anyway, here's the grid for the Italian Grand Prix at Monza:

01 Vettel, Toro Rosso (amazing)
02 Kovalainen, McLaren (good, upstages Hammy)
03 Webber, Red Bull (great, keeps Toro Rosso honest)
04 Bourdais, Toro Rosso (great, may just keep his seat for next year if this continues)
05 Rosberg, Williams (great, Williams needs results but Toro Rosso is taking no prisoners in the constructor's world championship)
06 Massa, Ferrari (good if you consider Hammy's position)
07 Trulli, Toyota (good, in front of Renault)
08 Alonso, Renault (ok, needs to beat Toyota and maybe get on the podium)
09 Glock, Toyota (was fast in the early stages, can't afford to be behind Renault)
10 Heidfeld, BMW (not looking good)
11 Kubica, BMW (not looking good)
12 Fisichella, Force India (good show)
13 Coulthard, Red Bull (not so good)
14 Räikkönen, Ferrari (terrible, couldn't hook it up, car is not good in these conditions)
15 Hamilton, McLaren (made the wrong decisions, lost all confidence, messed up with a wet weather tyre - shouldn't have tried it)
16 Barrichello, Honda (team has given up on this season for sure)
17 Piquet, Renault (not good, needs to be in the points to challenge Toyota)
18 Nakajima, Williams (had a strong start to the season, hasn't delivered in the last few races)
19 Button, Honda (driver ability in the wet can't overcome a terrible car)
20 Sutil, Force India (no opinion)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1817 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments