Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > Bløgg
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

I will bløgg about Formula 1 and TV shows.
Rate this Entry

Conflicting feelings about Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Submit "Conflicting feelings about Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" to Digg Submit "Conflicting feelings about Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" to del.icio.us Submit "Conflicting feelings about Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" to StumbleUpon Submit "Conflicting feelings about Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" to Google
Posted 03-02-2008 at 11:59 AM by Bludd
Updated 03-02-2008 at 03:13 PM by Bludd

On the one hand, I really like the Terminator mythos and it's exciting to learn new things about the universe, but on the other hand some of the things happening in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles strike me as silly and overly contrived. They change the canon with the Terminator head that somehow could go through the time travel machine without skin, something we were told was impossible.

I like Summer Glau as The Cutenator (or The Weirdenator?), but she kinda replays her character River from Firefly. She was cute and weird and had all these powers and now she is a cyborg with incredible strength. Was she typecast?

Anyway, I'll continue to watch because it is fascinating to learn more about the story, and I have come to terms with all the silliness about time travel (you basically had to come to terms with it if you had any chance of enjoying T1 and T2).
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3431 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Summer Glau <3, screw terminator, i want more firefly .. :( *cries*

(p.s her name was River in Firefly :D)
  2. Old Comment
    Yes, of course. It was a slip of the pen.

More Firefly would be welcome, it is the only show by Joss Whedon that I have enjoyed.
  3. Old Comment
    It's probably the only sort of "serious" show iv'e ever been in love with, such a brilliant show, unlimited potential, so much that hasn't been explained, and what is worse, is that they killed 2 very important characters in the movie :(.

BUT, if you haven't already, you should go here [URL]http://www.fireflyseason2.com/[/URL] and fill out a "recruit form" we might get a season 2 yet! *crosses fingers+toes*

EDIT:actually 3 characters were killed, but only 2 of them were in the series, the third one was only in the movie, a.k.a Mr Universe
    Updated 03-03-2008 at 03:35 AM by Betelgeuse
  4. Old Comment
    I don't know if being Internet Only is worth it. I envision it to be kinda low-budget unless they get studio backing and advertising bucks.

Anyway, this isn't about Firefly, it's about Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Since you seem to have strong feelings about Firefly, you should make your own blog here. :)
  5. Old Comment
    haha, yeah sorry, i get carried away with firefly, terminator is cool too, i haven't watched the Sarah chronicles before, i'll have too give it look see.