Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > Bløgg
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

I will bløgg about Formula 1 and TV shows.
Rate this Entry

2008 F1 Belgian Grand Prix Race: Rain at the very end shakes things up a bit

Submit "2008 F1 Belgian Grand Prix Race: Rain at the very end shakes things up a bit" to Digg Submit "2008 F1 Belgian Grand Prix Race: Rain at the very end shakes things up a bit" to del.icio.us Submit "2008 F1 Belgian Grand Prix Race: Rain at the very end shakes things up a bit" to StumbleUpon Submit "2008 F1 Belgian Grand Prix Race: Rain at the very end shakes things up a bit" to Google
Posted 09-07-2008 at 09:36 AM by Bludd
Updated 09-07-2008 at 10:50 AM by Bludd

Kimi Räikkönen had a very good start and got into the lead on lap 2. He held that until it started raining 3 laps before the end. Hamilton caught up to him and they had a terrific battle for P1 in which Kimi spun, Hammy almost collided and in the end Kimi spun out and hit a wall. Hammy won and Massa came second. Heidfeld got a surprise third in front of Alonso (grrrrrrrr).

I have to watch the race again (especially the end).

Hammy's overtaking of Kimi at the end is under investigation. I suspect Hammy will be fined after he ran straight at a chicane and overtook Kimi straight after only just letting Kimi pass him again.
[SIZE="4"]
[B]Update: Hamilton got a drive-through penalty! That means he gets 25 seconds added to his time. This drops him down to third and Massa and Heidfeld move up one spot each. What a harsh decision. Why didn't Massa get this last race? Why didn't Hammy get a 10000 euro fine? What the hell?[/B][/SIZE]

Kimi said in an interview with Autosport.com that he didn't want second place, only first. Kimi had to win, but saying he didn't want second is kinda whiny. With a second place, his title hopes weren't over and if Hammy makes mistakes as he did at the end of last year's season, Kimi could still win this thing. Meh, I think he's bored with the F1 lifestyle and wants out. I still think he will retire soon.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2595 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Lewis deserves the win hopefuly the apeal will got back in favour of Lewis if it dosent it getting like a sham
  2. Old Comment
    Don't get your hopes up. The appeal may not even be admissible: apparently, you can't appeal drive-through penalties.
  3. Old Comment
    there a been some very good point made though massa gt a fine for a pit lane violation and still win a race but lewis gets the time penalty intresting comments made here [URL="http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=Talkback&id=43869"]http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=Talkback&id=43869[/URL]
  4. Old Comment
    Yeah, I think that if Hammy deserved a drive-through, then so did Massa.