Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > Bløgg
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

I will bløgg about Formula 1 and TV shows.
Rate this Entry

2008 F1 Singapore GP Race: ALONSOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Submit "2008 F1 Singapore GP Race: ALONSOOOOOOOOOOOOO" to Digg Submit "2008 F1 Singapore GP Race: ALONSOOOOOOOOOOOOO" to del.icio.us Submit "2008 F1 Singapore GP Race: ALONSOOOOOOOOOOOOO" to StumbleUpon Submit "2008 F1 Singapore GP Race: ALONSOOOOOOOOOOOOO" to Google
Posted 09-28-2008 at 05:49 PM by Bludd
Updated 09-28-2008 at 06:02 PM by Bludd

After the terrible disappointment of Saturday, Alonso and Renault had an excellent strategy (and the agility to change it when needed), and it brought them the race.

Of course, I have to acknowledge a few things:

[LIST=1][*] Alonso's strategy at the beginning was a 3-stop strategy. He started on the super-soft tyres but was held up by a very slow 1-stopping Jarno Trulli. Renault quickly gave up the 3-stopper at the first pit-stop which was a few laps before 2) happened.[*] Piquet crashed with a heavy car, making the safety car come out.[*] Massa's pit stop was terrible. Ferrari's stupid semi-automatic traffic-light system (that they use instead of a lollypop-guy) ruined Massa's race. The system showed the green light and Massa sped off not knowing that the fuel hose wasn't disconnected yet. The hose tore off from the refuelling tank and was dragged after Massa's car. He was also released unsafely in front of a Force India (Sutil I think). Massa parked at the end of the pit-lane, Ferrari mechanics ran to disconnect the fuel hose. This took a very long time and on top of that, Massa received a drive-through penalty for that unsafe release. [B]Ferrari ruined Massa's race full stop[/B].[/LIST]
Rosberg did very well today, and he got second even with a stop-and-go penalty for refuelling while the pit-lane was closed. He may have won this if he had not have to pit at that moment, but he would have run out of gas if he hadn't.

Kimi Räikkönen crashed near the end of the race, making Ferrari go away from this race with 0 points.

Lewis Hamilton got third and now leads Massa with 7 points in the driver's world championship.

This race was great, it was spectacular in the dark, it had incidents and overtaking maneuvers (a surprise) and it didn't rain.

GO ALONSO, I KNEW YOU COULD GET A PODIUM THIS SEASON BUT A WIN? HAHA AWESOME :) :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alonsop1singapore2008.jpg (44.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg alonsop1singapore2008-1.jpg (66.2 KB, 0 views)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1765 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments