Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > Bløgg
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

I will bløgg about Formula 1 and TV shows.
Rate this Entry

Pecking order before the circus gets underway

Submit "Pecking order before the circus gets underway" to Digg Submit "Pecking order before the circus gets underway" to del.icio.us Submit "Pecking order before the circus gets underway" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pecking order before the circus gets underway" to Google
Posted 03-23-2009 at 09:04 AM by Bludd
Updated 03-23-2009 at 03:17 PM by Bludd

In no particular order:

My impressions from winter testing is that McLaren have struggled with the aero of their car. They improved in the very last test, but did they improve enough?

Brawn have looked incredibly fast, if this pace is a true, raw pace they will certainly be in with a chance at winning in Melbourne. They also have the disputed diffuser design. Having done little testing, reliability may be an issue.

Ferrari have looked good and they have confirmed they will run KERS so they are in the running for the win.

Renault have looked consistent and ramped up their speed in the latest tests. They have also confirmed KERS for Melbourne and they have been allowed to improve their engine even though there's an engine development freeze. The improvement is about 60 bhp and will bring them up among the Mercedes-Benz and Ferrari engines. I hope Alonso can fight for the win. :)

Williams have the disputed diffuser design, which gives higher performance. They are also the only team with a fly-wheel based KERS. They won't be running it in Melbourne, but they may spring a surprise.

BMW have looked good, they have a well developed car and they say their KERS is ready, but they are not sure if they'll race it. I think they have a shot at victory.

Red Bull have a very interesting car design by Adrian Newey. They run Renault engines and Renault KERS, but they haven't confirmed if they will be running it.

Toro Rosso basically have the same car as Red Bull except they run Ferrari engines and thus Ferrari KERS. Their car was introduced late and haven't done much testing so reliability may be an issue.

Force India have admitted they are lacking downforce. They have a good engine and drivetrain from Mercedes-Benz, same as McLaren.

Toyota have the clever diffuser and a good engine. They may make a big jump.

Winter testing is confusing and misleading and anything can happen in the first race. Hopefully racing will be good, fighting will be close and no one team will completely dominate the season as Ferrari in 2002 and 2004 for instance. Those were boring seasons.
Posted in Sports
Views 2223 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments