Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > The Blah Zone
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

[SIZE="3"][I][FONT="Georgia"]"If it's not here, it's not important."[/FONT][/I][/SIZE]
  1. Old Comment

Ikiru & Self-Education

I loved [I]Ikiru[/I]. Thought the ending was a bit extended, as I've felt with other Japanese movies. Didn't stop that feeling of purpose which stayed with me for many days and still does whenever I look back on that one time I rented it. I appreciated it for its raw simplicity, not any supposed "brilliance". Plus the stripper was the sexiest woman I remember seeing.

A development of critical faculties and taste are what impede the senses of enjoyment. As an infant, you would be entertained by a cardboard box more than any fancy toy or gadget- or so proclaims one MasterCard ad. So yeah, there is such a thing as being too smart for you own good if that's what you're asking.

If you believe you are forcing this diet of books and movies, then vary the kind you choose or do other stuff. And do it at your pace, even if it means the occasional setback or abandonment of a goal. Try to mirror your other unregulated habits, like maybe eating for instance. You can build an appetite for anything if you starve long enough.
    Updated 07-25-2008 at 02:43 AM by Kalki
  2. Old Comment

Six Superpowers I Wish I Had

I could use that zero impression button. and the insta-inspsration.
    Flying beats all
  3. Old Comment

Sometimes I have trouble understanding what people say over the phone because I've tuned out. Got to stop doing that.
  4. Old Comment

You don't know how much I agree with the subtitles one.
  5. Old Comment

[quote]Better yet, it would include the option to print out the subtext to any dialogue*; finally, you no longer have to struggle with reading your better half's mixed signals![/quote]

hahaha awesome :D