Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Ramen4ever
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Conversation Between Ramen4ever and Micki!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 166
  1. Micki!
    05-04-2009 10:13 AM
    Micki!
    That's what people say... Just sticking to the comics, and at the same time not rape the story of the Alien franchise...
    One of the previews i looked at of the comics actually focused on Predators, with a narrative written in third person by one of the predators, instead of dialogue, it was really cool... I'll let you know if i think it's worthwhile, dunno when i'll order them though...
  2. Ramen4ever
    05-04-2009 10:08 AM
    Ramen4ever
    Yeah, I was just thinking of that as well. Ripley's character didn't have the same cliche baggage the AvP characters had. I haven't read the AvP comics. Let me know how that turns out. Maybe they should have just stuck to the comic story.
  3. Micki!
    05-04-2009 09:16 AM
    Micki!
    If it's just some pencilpusher or door guard with a gun, he couldn't possibly stand for either of the two races alone (or even in a group of.. ugh... friends), not to mention, both of them at the same time... Knowing FOX though, they'd totally go for this stereotype personality for humans, and we'll know the outcome... LOL HUMANS SURVIVE HAHA, OMG, WEYLAND YUTANI KNEW ALL THE TIME OMG OMG CRRRAZY AWESOME PLOT TWIST...

Speaking of the franchise, i thought ot ordering the original AVP comics, i heard they're great, i should check them out... Previews of them that i saw had some cool art too... :o

Freaking 1000 characters limit... grrr
  4. Micki!
    05-04-2009 09:16 AM
    Micki!
    The AVP movie just insist of rubbing action scenes in the viewers face though, and at the same time mix in the typical young cast that you just KNOW will survive, and they try to give them unecessary emotions and "personality"... But imo i think some random person who doesn't even need to be properly introduced with anything other than a name, could perfectly show personality by trying to just survive the madness, instead of trying to be teh typical movie hero who has to "play a part of the action"... It worked in Predator, it was a Badass elite soldier... It worked in Aliens, it was a squad of trained marines...
  5. Micki!
    05-04-2009 09:15 AM
    Micki!
    Yeah, and the fact you made it up in 5 minutes just proves how little effort it takes to make something better... And whats better, it probably even would take less special effects, and thereby make it cheaper to create...
    Not everything has to glow and look shiney, it just has to look cool when stuff actually happens...
  6. Ramen4ever
    05-04-2009 08:58 AM
    Ramen4ever
    Thanks. I knew you were going to say something one way or another since your a huge alien fan. Glad you approve. The script itself is just something I came up with in 5 minutes, just to prove that they really could have done better with AvP and AvP II. Less character romance and more focus on the nature of the two aliens. Heck I think the best idea would have been 1 vs 1 with possible human bistanders who's plans of survival is like an interfering force for the two aliens while they play mindgames on each other. Testing each others strategies. Looking for weaknesses. It would have prevented the xeno's from becoming cannon fodder and the Predator wouldn't have been thrown into babysitting detail.
  7. Micki!
    05-04-2009 07:02 AM
    Micki!
    Your AVP movie idea sounds sooo much better than the crap that is out now... The predators "observation" part to begin with is an excellent touch... The Alien itself doesn't have to be "helped" breaking out.. Aliens have a history of cousing trouble just by existing alone... Haha, in fact, your idea sounds sooo much like the story in AVP 2 in some areas... :D

Damn wish filmmakers cared more for respected franchises and its fans... :(

Ok done, just felt i'd tell you i liked the post you made, didn't feel like going offtopic in the thread with this stuff... :O
  8. Micki!
    04-29-2009 03:59 PM
    Micki!
  9. Ramen4ever
    04-29-2009 09:37 AM
    Ramen4ever
    That Steve drawing was great. Good stuff Micki! ^_^
  10. Ramen4ever
    04-03-2009 08:19 PM
    Ramen4ever
    Yeah I just saw the :Micki: one today. I agree that the old ones should stay. At another forum I visit, they made all the primary emoticons look like characters from the manga the forum was for. There was also a "more" button which lead to the original standard emoticons. Only difference is that all their emoticons were gifs. Which are hard to make at that size.