3D Realms Forums

3D Realms Forums (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/index.php)
-   Duke Nukem Forever (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37599)

WarThrash 06-01-2010 06:04 PM

The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Just to keep ourselves busy until this court case progresses (because face it, the game production is going nowhere until that point) Let's start posting our own ideas of what movie/game/tv references and one-liners would fit into DNF. First let's think back to DN3D. It had the Doom space marine: "That's one doomed space marine", A crumbling earthquake: "I ain't afraid of no quake", blatant Terminator & Bruce Campbell one-liners: "A'll be bahck!", "Hail to the king, baby!", and and tons more such as Dirty Harry, Indiana Jones, Die Hard, and Escape from L.A. So now we've had 12 years of movies, games, and other pop culture since then to poke some more fun at via Duke Nukem's trash talking. So make up your own situations and one-liners, as many as you'd like. I'll start

1: You see a dead cog soldier with his guts spilling out
"looks like he's a few cogs short of a working clock"
-Gears of War

2: Have Master Chief on a billboard/advertisement wearing a chef hat surrounded by barbeque with the name: Master Chef's Warthog BBQ

3: If there is a sewer level then have a dead ninja turtle face down in a rotten Pizza
"Holy Cowabunga"

4: King Leonidas is standing around yelling incoherently and if you kill him:
"This ain't Sparta!"

5: A dead vault-boy is on the ground
"Looks like he didn't survive the Fallout..."

:D

glade23 06-02-2010 12:38 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
not bad

make one of serious sam being humilated in death

bazboyz 06-02-2010 07:56 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Maybe a graveyard with dead celebs in with their catchphrase on the tombstone or duke make a comment like
Corey Haim "He was one lost boy"
Garry Coleman "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?"
John Denver "I guess he won't be leaving on a jet plane"

prophecy holder 06-02-2010 11:28 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Got to be a reference to The Simpsons. I know there was a couple in Duke 3D but the series is still going strong. Maybe a pack of Duff beer laying near a dead fat guy in big blue pants and white shirt with Duke saying "D'oh".

Commando Nukem 06-02-2010 02:49 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Duke should totally make some Doctor Who references.

Have a police box on one of the streets somewhere or something.


Or maybe in the dam he goes into a room with a load of computers and goes "Hmm, maybe if I reverse the polarity of the Neutron flow... ah, screw it."

WarThrash 06-02-2010 03:00 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
He could totally steal Beavis' line in the dam:

"Is this a god damn?"

fast-1 06-02-2010 03:30 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
While driving the car, he drives.

" I got Wheels of steel".

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarThrash (Post 929473)
He could totally steal Beavis' line in the dam:

"Is this a god damn?"

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/9734/beavis6.gif

glade23 06-02-2010 04:54 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WarThrash (Post 929473)
He could totally steal Beavis' line in the dam:

"Is this a god damn?"

this, lol

Grashnik 06-13-2010 11:56 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Let me just repost what in another thread has been posted... so it's all in one place! (http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37670)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddhaMaster
What are you WaiTiNg for,... until It's DONE ?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airtraffic
Lawsuits are for pvssys, I'm here to kick alien ass and chew bubble gum!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuskiSnajper.
Lawsuits smausuits , it's pantie stripping time, and I'm all out of cash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JobivanHiob
if you sue me, i'm gonna go heptic on your ass!

lawsuits are for tuxedo wearing wussys

so you gonna sue me? I'm gonna rip off your head and read the newspaper! :cool:


dukeonly 06-14-2010 01:00 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WarThrash (Post 929352)
Just to keep ourselves busy until this court case progresses (because face it, the game production is going nowhere until that point) Let's start posting our own ideas of what movie/game/tv references and one-liners would fit into DNF. First let's think back to DN3D. It had the Doom space marine: "That's one doomed space marine", A crumbling earthquake: "I ain't afraid of no quake", blatant Terminator & Bruce Campbell one-liners: "A'll be bahck!", "Hail to the king, baby!", and and tons more such as Dirty Harry, Indiana Jones, Die Hard, and Escape from L.A. So now we've had 12 years of movies, games, and other pop culture since then to poke some more fun at via Duke Nukem's trash talking. So make up your own situations and one-liners, as many as you'd like. I'll start

1: You see a dead cog soldier with his guts spilling out
"looks like he's a few cogs short of a working clock"
-Gears of War

2: Have Master Chief on a billboard/advertisement wearing a chef hat surrounded by barbeque with the name: Master Chef's Warthog BBQ

3: If there is a sewer level then have a dead ninja turtle face down in a rotten Pizza
"Holy Cowabunga"

4: King Leonidas is standing around yelling incoherently and if you kill him:
"This ain't Sparta!"

5: A dead vault-boy is on the ground
"Looks like he didn't survive the Fallout..."

:D

i like 5. the rest were OOO KKK
but 5. was good

Altered Reality 06-14-2010 10:49 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
I say, no pop culture references in DNF.
Make jokes that use pop culture as a crutch, and your product will become stale and unfunny when the original material stops being popular. Make jokes that stand on their own, and your product will become a classic.

WarThrash 06-14-2010 11:14 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Altered Reality (Post 932247)
I say, no pop culture references in DNF.
Make jokes that use pop culture as a crutch, and your product will become stale and unfunny when the original material stops being popular. Make jokes that stand on their own, and your product will become a classic.

Uhm....Duke 3D

'Nuff said

mide7 06-14-2010 04:52 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by glade23 (Post 929401)
not bad

make one of serious sam being humilated in death

I think I've posted this some where before, but have serious sam dead and gutted propped up by a wall with duke saying, "Why so serious, sam.:cool:

Also glade whats your avatar off of? He kind of looks like Ed Bighead.

glade23 06-14-2010 09:23 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mide7 (Post 932328)
I think I've posted this some where before, but have serious sam dead and gutted propped up by a wall with duke saying, "Why so serious, sam.:cool:

Also glade whats your avatar off of? He kind of looks like Ed Bighead.

he is this was back in his own memories how good looking he was before heffer got his face into a blender when he was a paper boy

Snoddle 06-15-2010 08:27 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Interior of police car/jail cell. A bespectacled, bearded corpse in a hazmat suit is pinned by a crowbar through the chest to the seat/wall.

Duke: Whoa! Guess Iím too late to set you free, man.

KO Gilligan 06-15-2010 08:50 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
When he blows up that killer flying propeller :

"For what goes around, comes A ROUND"

Sabarasa 06-15-2010 09:42 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
There's already a one liners thread and it was filled with utter crap...please not another one...

WarThrash 06-15-2010 10:02 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabarasa (Post 932514)
There's already a one liners thread and it was filled with utter crap...please not another one...

Don't make useless posts like this and it won't be

As for everyone else, I'm lovin' em. Especially the serious sam and gordon freeman ones. Keep em comin'

randombluedude2 06-15-2010 10:03 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
I believe that I have already posted these two in much earlier threads, but I still find them to be great anyways.
Duke sees a dead SAS soldier (maybe with a visible mohawk) in a shower and says, "Hm, looks like he dropped the soap."
And
Duke sees somebody resembling Master Chief (he could be dead or alive) and says, "What the hell are you? A power ranger."

Sabarasa 06-15-2010 10:16 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WarThrash (Post 932515)
Don't make useless posts like this and it won't be

As for everyone else, I'm lovin' em. Especially the serious sam and gordon freeman ones. Keep em comin'

Is my post more useless than the 90% of one liners posted that won't be in the game? (George himself admitted them to be crap)

WarThrash 06-15-2010 10:19 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabarasa (Post 932521)
Is my post more useless than the 90% of one liners posted that won't be in the game? (George himself admitted them to be crap)

It's just for fun. We know they won't be in the game. Now stop trolling before you get this thread hideously off topic. If you don't like them, don't open the thread

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by randombluedude2 (Post 932517)
Duke sees somebody resembling Master Chief (he could be dead or alive) and says, "What the hell are you? A power ranger."

Yea, this one beats my Halo one :D

cof_3pc 06-15-2010 10:52 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabarasa (Post 932521)
Is my post more useless than the 90% of one liners posted that won't be in the game? (George himself admitted them to be crap)

Successful troll is successful!

Actually I think the Gordon Freeman one and the Power Ranger one were really good. I am a huge Half Life fan, but I'd laugh my ass off if I saw that in DNF.

DerricktheW 06-15-2010 12:11 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Have a pigcop dressed up in Halo armor inside a walk in oven at a restaurant, and when Duke jacks up the temperature to ludicrously high settings, the pig explodes and bits of bacon fly out.

"I AM the master chef!"

Psyrgery 06-15-2010 02:44 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Duke beats the crap out of many enemies;
I don't need a Team to kick your asses, and there's no Fortress to hide from me.

In a strip club, Duke addresses the girls;
You're perfect, girls, right for Duke!

Duke finds Max Payne nailed with a stake to a wall
Hmmm, guess he had too much Painkiller

Lame, I know

WarThrash 06-15-2010 03:39 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyrgery (Post 932559)
Duke finds Max Payne nailed with a stake to a wall
Hmmm, guess he had too much Painkiller

I think on Manhattan project there's a Max Payne reference too.

"Time to do max pain on the A train"

In reference to the train levels on Max Payne....but I don't know if Max Payne was out when Manhattan Project was out, so it could be a coincidence. not sure

Zarniwoop 06-24-2010 10:24 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Speaking of one-liners did anyone else wince when you heard the duke-ism in the last official trailer? "I'm looking for an alien toilet to park my bricks".

Or does my sense of humor fail?

I'm honestly curious about this.

WarThrash 06-24-2010 10:55 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
The "Park my bricks" one-liner is pure genius. It's 100% Duke. So yeah, your humor fails on that one.

Commando Nukem 06-25-2010 12:36 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WarThrash (Post 932568)
I think on Manhattan project there's a Max Payne reference too.

"Time to do max pain on the A train"

In reference to the train levels on Max Payne....but I don't know if Max Payne was out when Manhattan Project was out, so it could be a coincidence. not sure

May Payne 1 had been out for awhile. It was definitly a reference to it.

bubblegum_DumDum 06-25-2010 01:06 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
:dopefish: what would be a great one liner in DNF would be once Duke's at an elevator after pressing the button " come on, come on, I dont have forever yah know" lol

bokaj 06-25-2010 06:51 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Just a citat from a gaming site reviewing Project Manhattan for Xboxlive:

"Duke's personality has also grown tiring. The chauvinistic, all-things-manly dialogue of Duke occasionally elicited a smile, but what was hilarious a decade ago sounds mostly idiotic now. Duke's jokes are stale, delivered poorly, and immature in a way that even someone like me, who still laughs at farts, can no longer appreciate."

So true.

DrakeBueno 06-25-2010 09:20 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
@bokaj

Why would you come to this thread, read all the comments and then post an ******* comment dissing what everyone else is talking about? Its not cute, its not funny, and its not cool. But anyway i wish i was clever enough to come up with witty one liners but i am not, though i am having fun reading the ones you guys are posting ;)

KO Gilligan 06-25-2010 09:26 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
It's his way.

Check out the rest of his posts.
A real class act :rolleyes:

cof_3pc 06-25-2010 09:31 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrakeBueno (Post 934597)
@bokaj

Why would you come to this thread, read all the comments and then post an ******* comment dissing what everyone else is talking about? Its not cute, its not funny, and its not cool. But anyway i wish i was clever enough to come up with witty one liners but i am not, though i am having fun reading the ones you guys are posting ;)

small penis complex.

WarThrash 06-25-2010 10:56 AM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrakeBueno (Post 934597)
@bokaj

Why would you come to this thread, read all the comments and then post an ******* comment dissing what everyone else is talking about? Its not cute, its not funny, and its not cool. But anyway i wish i was clever enough to come up with witty one liners but i am not, though i am having fun reading the ones you guys are posting ;)

Who do you think wrote the review he's quoting? ;)

bokaj 06-25-2010 02:09 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
The review is on IGN.
My penis is medium size and thats fine by me.
Forums are all about sharing opinions. This one is just filled with bored people discussing nothing. Now I am one of them.

Dukes oneliners sucked. But at that time just talk in a game was cool.

"I'm looking for an alien toilet to park my bricks". "Its not cute, its not funny, and its not cool."

WarThrash 06-25-2010 02:19 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bokaj (Post 934645)
The review is on IGN.
My penis is medium size and thats fine by me.
Forums are all about sharing opinions. This one is just filled with bored people discussing nothing. Now I am one of them.

Dukes oneliners sucked. But at that time just talk in a game was cool.

"I'm looking for an alien toilet to park my bricks". "Its not cute, its not funny, and its not cool."

This is where you fail and become a troll though. This isn't a thread to voice your opinions on Duke's one-liners. It's a thread to come up with your own one-liners that would fit in DNF. If you come in here and start talking trash, you're just flame-baiting because that wasn't the original purpose of the thread. So if you don't like Duke's one-liners at all then you can just:

http://i47.tinypic.com/osr71z.jpg


...or I'll sick Gary Busey on you

http://i50.tinypic.com/ojf11l.jpg

I'll have you know Gary wrote that "get out" message with the blood of the last troll that was around here

cof_3pc 06-25-2010 02:38 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Duke's one liners were awesome. All a part of his character. A character that brought us all here. Explain yourself!

Duke's New Chainsaw 06-25-2010 03:03 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bokaj (Post 934645)
Dukes oneliners sucked.

You are taking this too seriously. ;)

bokaj 06-25-2010 04:13 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
A troll? Just wanted to bring a little input to this forum from the real world .. Therefore the well written quote. Read it again. You must admit he really nails it.
"but what was hilarious a decade ago sounds mostly idiotic now. Duke's jokes are stale, delivered poorly, and immature"

"You are taking this too seriously.;)". naah ..

cof_3pc 06-25-2010 04:20 PM

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
 
The only thing that quote sounds like is a snooty journalist that has no sense of humor. The guy is probably also anti-guns, voted for Obama, and believes in giving all of our tax dollars to a bunch of poor scumbag crackheads that would slit your throat in a heart beat for a hit. Some of you might be asking yourself, "how is this related?" Well I'll tell you.... Because the guy is clearly a pansy ass hippie.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Website is ©1987-2014 Apogee Software, Ltd.
Ideas and messages posted here become property of Apogee Software Ltd.