3D Realms Forums

3D Realms Forums (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/index.php)
-   Duke Nukem Forever (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Duke Nukem Forever fanbase CHECK! Please report here if you still care about DNF! (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36279)

FlashBack 08-12-2009 02:26 PM

Duke Nukem Forever fanbase CHECK! Please report here if you still care about DNF!

Did anybody else notice how from that entire crowd of people that were on this forum when the dnf team was announced as being fired, there is almost nobody left besides a few of us die hard fans?

I have made this topic with one goal in mind.
I request that every user that reads this topic, confirms he is still watching for news about duke nukem forever, by writing a post!(only one)
Please don't flame or troll!
Do not post more than once!!!
Let's all see how many of us unique members are still watching here for news.
We shall see how many unique people still care in one week.

So remember not to debate anything here, just confirm that you are still browsing for info about duke nukem forever and that is going to suffice for this topic!
Don't try to correct somebody even if you disagree with his opinion, there is pm for that or you can obviously make a new topic for that purpose

Ps. Take into consideration that if the game would be announced as being gold or released soon, other hibernating users might come alive too.
So this topic was not made to reflect the real number of DNF fans in the world but merely the number of DNF fans still active on these forums.
Thanks to everybody who cares to contribute to this topic!

crunchy superman 08-12-2009 02:31 PM

Re: Duke Nukem Forever fanbase CHECK! Please report here if you still care about DNF!

Sure I'm still interested, but that doesn't mean I think the game will ever come out.

Train wrecks are hard to look away from that way.

Kristian Joensen 08-12-2009 02:40 PM

Re: Duke Nukem Forever fanbase CHECK! Please report here if you still care about DNF!

Am I still interested ? Yes.

"Sure I'm still interested, but that doesn't mean I think the game will ever come out. "

Do I agree with this distinction? Yes.

Raptor89 08-12-2009 03:23 PM

Yeah yeah....i'm still here..still interested in seeing DNF:brickwall:

Rösti 08-12-2009 03:26 PM

Yes, I am still interested in Duke Nukem Forever and 3D Realms.

UglyNacho 08-12-2009 03:30 PM

Yup. Still Interested in both 3D Realms and Duke Nukem Forever.

tjc-superman 08-12-2009 03:44 PM

Yes,for ever

Duke's New Chainsaw 08-12-2009 03:44 PM

Hail to the King, Baby!!!!!!!!!!

EvoldicA 08-12-2009 04:06 PM

>.>Oh HAI

SpinX 08-12-2009 04:26 PM

Always bet on duke!

Loony2n 08-12-2009 04:35 PM

It's actually confirmed cancelled by several sources at the time of this post, however I think more of us check back here with a shred of hope that they will do the honorable thing and release what little they did produce as a demo or movie that is better quality than what you find on youtube, etc...

k24ezra 08-12-2009 05:07 PM

Im still intrested.

Nukkus 08-12-2009 06:48 PM

you can count on my steel!

hightreason 08-12-2009 06:51 PM

Still here, Still interested, Still check the forums daily.
Always bet on Duke!

MrBlackCat 08-12-2009 07:20 PM

I still check in for DNF new developments...

MrBlackCat

SS202 08-12-2009 08:18 PM

Still interested, still waiting, still stroking it.

Ironside 08-12-2009 08:33 PM

I'm here waiting for the loot to drop out of 3DRs fraged body. So far some stuff has popped out but I was hoping 3DR would drop the Duke IP. IT could still happen, maybe they will get sued for stealing stuff for the first Duke game.

Jiminator 08-12-2009 08:51 PM

yay!! 17 people! george and scott are going to get right on it!

Phayzon 08-12-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchy superman (Post 890775)
Sure I'm still interested, but that doesn't mean I think the game will ever come out.

Train wrecks are hard to look away from that way.

Thats how I'm feeling too.

KaiserSoze 08-12-2009 09:35 PM

I'm here. Hopefully George and Scott can pull off
getting the game finished. Way too much is done for it to
go to waste ie: never release.

Rider 08-12-2009 09:50 PM

...and my Axe!

I'm really hoping this isn't the last we'll hear of 3DR/DNF. They both have some potential.

Shams 08-12-2009 10:29 PM

Always bet on Duke!

Now for the love of something please give us the 360 version at least :D

anti-fatch 08-12-2009 10:30 PM

lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time lurker, still here 12 years later!!! outgrown my gamer days but would still be on this in a heartbeat

MRKane 08-12-2009 10:35 PM

After watching and waiting since I was still in highschool...I finally create an account to say:

I've full faith in 3DR - after all this time they might shaft us with news but I know that they'll never admit defeat on Duke...in fact, there's probably so much blood sweat and tears in Duke4 that it may as well be considered part of the family.

I'll always be around.

Rapture_Rising 08-12-2009 10:43 PM

Ive been following DNF since the teaser got released back in 2007 but first saw 2001 trailer with DNMP back in 2005 when i played it. i would like to see it released and probably will until either its released or until i find a new game to play and devote my life to.

vcatkiller 08-13-2009 12:37 AM

Yes, I'm still interested. It's fascinating, in a disaster movie kind of way. Would love to play it if it ever surfaces.

Not quite ready to "bet on Duke" though. Maybe hedge my bets either way...

hark 08-13-2009 02:58 AM

My bets are still placed on Duke.

Loony2n 08-13-2009 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hark (Post 890855)
My bets are still placed on Duke.

Remind me to never take any of you to Vegas, hopefully George is having better luck while there.

Tekedon 08-13-2009 03:12 AM

Still hangin' around. Checking in almost every day at some point.

Sycophant 08-13-2009 03:52 AM

I just can't help myself, must be a sucker for punishment. Been watching/lurking since about 1998. Even after the recent debacle I'm still drawn into this Great 'Gaming' Swindle, "Ever felt you've been had"

Can we see a picture of Duke kicking George B and Scott Ms asses, please.

Well there goes my first and last post.

Ps Interview with Scott Miller in issue 211 of PCZONE.

Willem-Jan 08-13-2009 04:52 AM

Still checking regularly, hardly ever posting and yes, still hoping.

Zeromaeus 08-13-2009 05:01 AM

Check on the here and waiting thing...

sRfuzzyLogik 08-13-2009 05:23 AM

yup, still here!

SyntaxN 08-13-2009 05:35 AM

Yes I do.

Waiter 08-13-2009 06:08 AM

Yes. Still here and still interested.

/edit: removed a comment to a previous post in accordance to the first post

Wezil 08-13-2009 06:35 AM

I'm with Duke Nukem to the end and beyond. I played this game with my family when I was 4 and I still love it. I get all chocked up thinking about all my good old memories playing it :( my favorite level is probably the Pirate ship level in the atomic addition.

Da_Lurker 08-13-2009 08:15 AM

When it's done -CHanannanananan- Duke is always "when it's done"....xD

You can count on me, I can't promise to wait forever but at least some 50-60 years from now on.

JobivanHiob 08-13-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sycophant (Post 890861)
Ps Interview with Scott Miller in issue 211 of PCZONE.[/FONT]

What does Scott talk about? Please tell us!!!!

dark_angel 08-13-2009 08:30 AM

The game will be released, there is no doubt about that.

This time though GB and Scott should make a f$$cking plan that insure the completion of the game.

Pungvarg 08-13-2009 08:56 AM

I still check for news.

defragen1 08-13-2009 09:41 AM

I always bet on duke

lol, im not a die hard fan of duke
but I am still interested in DNF

graphyte 08-13-2009 10:31 AM

Honestly do not think this game will ever get finished but still look in from time to time hoping for the improbable.

McMaster 08-13-2009 10:55 AM

Definite YES!

:love:

Kit 08-13-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graphyte (Post 890910)
Honestly do not think this game will ever get finished but still look in from time to time hoping for the improbable.

If someone else takes over it’ll get done - which is why I was so interested in that bullshit Gearbox thread Kaiser posted. They’d still need George to oversee the art direction though, as the media we've seen from the dead version looked spot on.

prophecy holder 08-13-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graphyte (Post 890910)

This is my feeling as well.

wildwood 08-13-2009 01:32 PM

Yep, been here every single day for many many years... just never say anything.

punk_guy182 08-13-2009 01:59 PM

Been here since '99 although not everyday and I didn't say much either.
I have a good time reading the posts. This is where I come to read some of the most funny non-sense.
Anyhow, I'd like to see DNF released this year by 3D Realms and witness their success in their ass whoopin' of T2.
This story is overstreching and I'd like to see a spectacular closing to this chapter with the succesful release of DNF and a big party somewhere.

Thief 08-13-2009 02:08 PM

Still waiting, though not expecting.

KiXpiX 08-13-2009 02:29 PM

Still waiting. Duke Nukem is my favorite character of all the Game characters ever created!

PartyBooper 08-13-2009 02:45 PM

Count me in. Checking probably 2 times a week, so I'm with you crazy people... :dopefish:

Tedades 08-13-2009 04:45 PM

I don't mind playing the waiting for duke nukem forever game.
At least I have company.

Subaruandy 08-13-2009 06:25 PM

i check for news...at least once a day :)

Montykoro! 08-13-2009 06:42 PM

Mmmm where is it?

I like to pre-order DNF!!!!! U$S60 waiting here!!!!

Semaj 08-13-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subaruandy (Post 890982)
i check for news...at least once a day :)

Me too.

parricc 08-13-2009 10:29 PM

This thread's retarded. I don't know a single person that plays video games that does NOT care about duke nukem forever. You'd have to be crazy. Practically everyone wants to play it. It's just that now most people probably aren't expecting it. heh.. I anxiously check at least once a week to see if any magical hopeful announcements have been made.

I was thinking though... would it be possible to continue development of DNF at an excruciatingly slow pace? (verses stopping completely) And then release an ETA that's about as reliable as a microsoft operating system. (EG: ETA 178.437 years) Sure, at that kinda pace we'd all be dead before it came out anyway, if it came out.... the thing is, it's just comforting to the soul to know that somewhere out there work is still being done on DNF, even if just barely. :doh:

trucedAnimal 08-14-2009 12:29 AM

I do read the forums from time to time but only if i'm very bored and have nothing else to do. I know there wont be any real news so whats the point? its more of a habit. maybe one month from now I will never go back to the forums again. but maybe there will be something, like more leaked artwork or maybe even LameDNF if the whole sourcecode leaks.

The 3D Realms News I get from their RSS-Feed so there is no point of going to the website.

I expect that someday there will be a game called "Duke Nukem Forever" but it wont be what I expect which would be a direct sequel to DN3D, made by the same people.
I may buy it though. But only if I have a computer at that time that can run it and that probably wont happen. Only if 3D Realms released the game now, I'd buy new hardware just for the game.

threepwood 08-14-2009 12:31 AM

:insomnia:

LeonZyCoene 08-14-2009 01:06 AM

Reporting in!

predl 08-14-2009 01:42 AM

i still care. and i still got hope. dn3d was a great thing in my childhood. i still love to play this game on xbla.

Heil Duke 08-14-2009 02:12 AM

Heil Duke Nukem!

Heil
Heil
Heil!!

Sharpie 08-14-2009 02:36 AM

I'm interested but no longer obsessed.

Any real updates on the game won't be for a long time so I will just infrequently pop in from time to time so I can see how the community is going.

ZaphodB 08-14-2009 06:04 AM

Still here.:) Still waiting.:( Still hoping.:(:(

Still delusional.:D

Jabba the Hutt 08-14-2009 06:51 AM

I'm here.
Hail to the king, baby!

Master Blaster 08-14-2009 12:43 PM

My post.

mav 08-14-2009 02:55 PM

me me me me me me

rem5 08-14-2009 03:11 PM

always see (day by day when I can for few years) if there is news here.
In Duke I trust. :)

Haravikk 08-14-2009 04:39 PM

Well I don't come read the forum as much as I used to, but I still do.

Betelgeuse 08-14-2009 06:49 PM

always

Vinsane 08-14-2009 07:32 PM

Care? Hell yea!

And it's so obvious in my latest video.

But the only plus at the moment is that I can hold off on getting a new computer to play DNF!

Siryath 08-14-2009 08:09 PM

Honestly it's hard not to still be waiting for it, what else is there to do? It's not like it takes any time off my hands. My tabs reload each time i start firefox and the link to 3dr is allways there XD. I take a quick peek once in a while to check for updates. It'd be shame for all the work 3dr put in this to go to waste. And besides, they spent 12 years on it and i'm pretty sure they were doing SOMETHING. I'm kinda curious as what that was.

All the good games are schedueled to come out in 2010-2011 anyway. :P

That Guy 08-14-2009 08:25 PM

Don't think it will ever come out. Don't really care. Don't know anyone who cares. For the sake of you guys (the ones who care) I hope it does come out.

Dukefan24 08-15-2009 02:31 AM

There has been a lot of crap going around for a single game, but I'm still tired of shooting crap, so why not wait for it..

Spungo 08-15-2009 02:35 AM

Red 2 standing by

Mennuz 08-15-2009 03:10 AM

Still there (Y)

edithegodfather 08-16-2009 05:42 AM

I just hope something happens cuz i haven't heard anything lately.

Destructor 08-16-2009 06:14 AM

/me looks up for a brief moment and then goes back to having downcast eyes.

Babe 08-16-2009 07:46 AM

Hoping against all odds. However reality has almost settled in, and I just check the DNF news here once in every one or one and a half weeks :( .

Rapture_Rising 08-16-2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapture_Rising (Post 890843)
Ive been following DNF since the teaser got released back in 2007 but first saw 2001 trailer with DNMP back in 2005 when i played it. i would like to see it released and probably will until either its released or until i find a new game to play and devote my life to.

Or until i get bored, whichever one comes first.:D

jet jaguar 2.0 08-16-2009 10:10 AM

Still interested but not hopeful that it'll live up to the legacy of DN3D and not hopeful that it will ever see the light of day. My guess is that we'll see a new Duke Nukem game but it won't be DNF, it won't be the interactive nirvana we dreamed of, and rather, it will be a much more generic and run-of-the-mill sci-fi fps than we wanted. Face it, 3DR shot their load and missed by a mile. The best that can be hoped for is 3DR sponge up the mess and try again with a turkey baster.

Rizno 08-16-2009 12:07 PM

lurking

aces-high 08-16-2009 01:44 PM

Always bet on Duke :woot:

Gideon 08-16-2009 04:38 PM

Of course I still care about DNF, but I care more about 3DR, and their welfare is more important than DNF's, even though the two are tied together. I'm sure what's going to happen is, DNF is going to be sent to a 3rd party to be finished up by Apogee. Apogee will wind up making cellphone games, xbox live arcade games. Stuff with a quick turnaround. They might venture into PC gaming again, but it's doubtful. I hope they do though, because that's the market they belong in.

refugee 08-16-2009 10:18 PM

Yeah, we're still here, and we're still out of bubble gum. Duke is too great to let just fade away, there has to be a way to finish DNF, and do it up big!

Ajaxx 08-17-2009 12:22 AM

Still watching... <;,,;>

slasher 08-17-2009 04:23 AM

Still here,still checking on news.
I want to kick some ass and chew buble gum.
I really wish that Duke Forever will come.:cool:

QuiGonJ 08-17-2009 07:40 AM

Still here, hope things get resolved and the game is fun.

Onebullit 08-17-2009 08:44 AM

Count me in plz.

LeonZyCoene 08-17-2009 08:50 AM

All out of bubblegum.

All out of ass kick.

All out of Duke.

:(

v5l 08-17-2009 10:22 AM

hmpf... seeing Wolfenstein resurected twice, I really hope for dukes turnaround.

bondmaster 08-17-2009 02:02 PM

Iam Still Interested in both 3D Realms and Duke Nukem Forever

Always Wait For Duke.

kom igen nu då och få ut detta spelet på världamarknaden

Skiffer 08-17-2009 04:24 PM

Sure. I firmly believe the project is still on track, considering that the track record is one disaster after another. :cool:

du8d 08-17-2009 08:23 PM

Hail to the King, Baby!!!!!!!!!!

Thriller 08-17-2009 08:29 PM

Still waiting! yay

SplatterHappy 08-17-2009 10:13 PM

Still here. Still waiting. Not holding breath though.

ShadowsWake 08-18-2009 12:35 AM

I'm still here, and ready to Nuke 'em! :D

hammer oz 08-18-2009 07:02 AM

it has taking a century for this game to ever come out and i dont care if im and old man with a walking stick i will always bet on duke;)

so am i interested HELL YES:woot:

pangdood 08-18-2009 10:35 AM

reporting :)
keeping our fingers crossed 3DR, but plz not for too long (anymore) cause we're getting cramp :insomnia:

Zargas 08-18-2009 06:58 PM

looking for news or info when ever i have the time to be honest

Tho work is keeping me busy as is my social life, but im always looking out for the Duke

FlashBack 08-19-2009 03:55 PM

Well the week is up and now we know how many people cared in the time span of one week.
If somebody would ask me, I would have to say that I think now, there are not nearly as much members as there were before this big scandal happened.
From this I understand one important thing.
No matter what the outcome will be, 3drealms has managed to kill an important part of their fanbase, at least from this forum...
Thanks to everybody that cared.
I still hope for at least a 2011 release date!

Boosh 08-19-2009 07:48 PM

I still care. I check ShackNews a few times a week, and check 3DR the forums about once a week.

But really, there's nothing worth talking about until 3DR wins the lawsuit (optimism there) and returns to working on DNF (and don't fool yourselves with the "development of DNF continues" -- they don't have a dev team, folks), and/or make any kind of announcement regarding the future of the DNF franchise.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

To me, best case scenario has 3DR winning the lawsuit next year, and recouping some losses. I don't know the fate of DNB, but if it could get released, they could use some of that money to finish up DNF.

What I'm afraid of is that by the time the lawsuit is over, DNF will be due (yet once again) for an update. 3DR's track record suggests this will happen, and makes me wonder just how far behind DNF will be. If it ever happens at all.

It's sad that we were so close to seeing DNF (next year or early 2011, if you believe the court docs), and then Take2 has to go all shitty and pull this lawsuit crap. If not for the lawsuit...

TripleH 08-22-2009 11:37 AM

Yes I still come not often though, mostly to have a good laugh : D

Zombie Star 08-22-2009 05:27 PM

Hell yeah i still check the news

Corpy 08-22-2009 06:44 PM

I care about DNF.
I have waited for freaking 8 years for it. Yes It's been developed 12 But I first remember about DNF at eight years ago.

scubagear 08-23-2009 02:29 AM

Hell, yeah. I'am still believe and I'am here again (after some vacation).

Bloody 08-24-2009 04:56 AM

i do not post much but i read much here and yes i´m still interested in Duke and 3DRealms

bodyharvester 08-24-2009 08:58 AM

i registered to show my support and unwavering hope that i will someday see DUKE NUKEM FOREVER

VrX 08-24-2009 02:20 PM

still alive an' kickin'!!!!

Attila 08-25-2009 03:04 PM

Yes, still waiting!!!!!!!!! Starting to really wonder why, though.:doh:

Slimer 08-25-2009 03:45 PM

Yes Im still interested.
Rah rah

heavenlybassline 08-26-2009 01:18 AM

i'm here

Suppressor1 08-26-2009 04:11 AM

interested, but hopeless...

HappyKing 08-26-2009 11:33 AM

Still care

Crazyman2345 08-26-2009 02:12 PM

I'm still here and interested in seeing DNF if it ever continues.

Souler 08-26-2009 11:48 PM

Another fan reporting in. Checking in on the forums on occasion and all that. But not too rarely. Still believe in DUKE.:woot:

fritzchen1 08-27-2009 04:39 AM

Always bet on Duke!

Teron 08-27-2009 05:03 PM

There but no more motivated D:

bazboyz 08-27-2009 06:03 PM

i care ,i belive ,there an old saying all good things come to though's who wait

Dee 08-28-2009 02:47 AM

Yes Im still interested.
:insomnia:

ReadOnly 08-28-2009 03:28 AM

"You talkin' to me?"

Callahan 08-28-2009 07:40 AM

Yes I still care !!!
And I still have some kind of fantasy that the developers weren't really fired, work is being continued in secret, and we're gonna have some - gotcha !! it was a joke !!! - in some near future, and DNF is pronounced gold.
Wouldn't that be great ?
:D

Assault 08-30-2009 06:58 AM

Is this game even being made? Or is it dead like every person on the internet always said it is?

Jackhole 08-30-2009 09:48 AM

**** DNF and **** george buzzard. the only game that will ever be close to a duke game ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_67JUl5q9U and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqIAwkEqlPk&NR=1

ReadOnly 08-30-2009 10:12 AM

Huh? Serious Sam was never even close to a Duke except the talking thing. Gameplay, design, interactivity was not in any way Dukeish. Only the attitude.

Jackhole 08-30-2009 10:50 AM

ReadOnly is that like calling a bald guy harry?

ReadOnly 08-30-2009 10:54 AM

I'm sorry, what?

Cakefirst 08-30-2009 02:24 PM

hell yeah!

crunchy superman 08-31-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadOnly (Post 893060)
Huh? Serious Sam was never even close

Indeed. Croteam actually releases games.

ReadOnly 08-31-2009 08:51 AM

Heh, that's a nice one. :)

December Man 08-31-2009 06:35 PM

Duke Nukem Forever is dead for me.

terrannova 09-01-2009 12:37 AM

I still have faith it will be released one day.

JamesCassidy 09-01-2009 01:46 AM

I will always bet on Duke.

He is apart of my childhood that I cannot let go, no matter how many times this game gets delayed. I will stand right here until the light betrays me.

I survived when Superman died,
I survived when Captain America died,
and I was there when Duke died.

You know what all three have in common? They all came back to life when we needed them the most.

Tickman 09-01-2009 05:47 AM

One can only hope that Duke is resurrected and comes back to fight those alien bastards. I still come back hoping to find something new and to read other losers post who are still hoping to.

ZuljinRaynor 09-01-2009 02:09 PM

Duke is not dead. DNF is, not Duke.

prophecy holder 09-01-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesCassidy (Post 893227)
I will always bet on Duke.

He is apart of my childhood that I cannot let go, no matter how many times this game gets delayed. I will stand right here until the light betrays me.

I survived when Superman died,
I survived when Captain America died,
and I was there when Duke died.

You know what all three have in common? They all came back to life when we needed them the most.

They were also ruined by trying to make them 'cool' and 'extreme'.

kj_57701 09-01-2009 06:44 PM

Yep. Checking here is part of my "regular" Internet cruising site habit.

Onebullit 09-02-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZuljinRaynor (Post 893326)
Duke is not dead. DNF is, not Duke.

The fanbase is dead.
Where would Duke (the character) be without his fans ?
In his grave!
+- 100 fans that check the forums and care about Duke or DNF is nothing .....
Nobody just gives a damn about Mr blondie anymore and it's maybe sad but i understand.

Angelo86 09-02-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebullit (Post 893490)
In his grave!

True, but George doesn't understand these things :doh:

rockmanekuzu8 09-02-2009 05:15 PM

;):cool::):D

pythagoras 09-03-2009 11:32 AM

Still waiting, still checkin in, still gonna buy the game as soon as whoever gets it done finally does. We'll probably be able to play the game in full virtual reality by then, with motion sensing 3d projection glasses and force-feedback gloves, ten years from now. But if that's the case then heck, we're more than half way there. Why stop waiting now?

Calmador 09-03-2009 07:39 PM

Who wants some?

But I'm not very active on this forum... just keeping an eye out.

HunterXray 09-03-2009 11:24 PM

I've sort of blamed the management for allowing this to take so long to develop. Finish it ALREADY!
On the other hand, from time to time (every couple weeks or so) I've checked 3DRealms site for news on how far Duke Nukem Forever was coming along. I'm very saddened that it has not been released and might never be so.

Oh well, I know if it is released that it will be a very awesome game even without being the most uptodate.

Such a shame this had to happen now.

Beelze 09-05-2009 02:26 AM

I might try the demo, if there'll be one.

defragen1 09-05-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebullit (Post 893490)
The fanbase is dead.
In his grave!
+- 100 fans that check the forums and care about Duke or DNF is nothing .....
Nobody just gives a damn about Mr blondie anymore and it's maybe sad but i understand.

forums mean nothing

u cant base the duke nukem fanbase of the forums LOL

T.Mani 09-05-2009 02:11 PM

I'm still checking. I've been checking (even if I haven't registered) since... well... since Duke Nukem 3D. I want that freakn sequel...! Prequel...! Remake...! Or whatever you want to call it! I WANT DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!

If 3DRealms can't comeback and do it... then sell to someone else you trust and let them pick up where you guys left off.

prophecy holder 09-11-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defragen1 (Post 893799)
forums mean nothing

u cant base the duke nukem fanbase of the forums LOL

Considering that most of the gaming industry beleives DNF is dead beside the fanatically loyal fanbase.

Alucard256 09-12-2009 12:53 AM

Yea, I just swung by just now to see if anything was up. Still hoping for some DNF game of some kind. I check the forums every other month or so.

Mystery Man 129 09-12-2009 03:45 PM

i will still be here and look

fast-1 09-12-2009 05:53 PM

There's no DNF. But Duke will be in other games okay ?

BloodWolf806 09-12-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke's new chainsaw (Post 890784)
hail to the king, baby!!!!!!!!!!

Always bet on Duke!!!

fast-1 09-13-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodWolf806 (Post 894729)
Always bet on Duke!!!

Ha Ha Ha :p

So you still think there's hope ?

carnagereap 09-14-2009 04:05 AM

I still care and check back regularly

Audiothor 09-28-2009 02:03 PM

I'm still watching and waiting - there's an old saying 'More in hope than expectation' - That's me.....

Raoul Luigi 09-29-2009 01:39 AM

DUKE! We Need You, everyone is a space marine duke, mother****in space marines, this shit is fo ****in real we need you now more than ever.

JellyBeans! 09-29-2009 02:11 AM

.yep.

defragen1 09-29-2009 02:14 AM

Always bet on Duke!!!

RuskiSnajper. 09-29-2009 06:09 AM

Duke-nuke-nukem , where are you? We've got some ass to kick now!

Duke-nuke-nukem , where are you? We need some babes from you now!

Come on , Duke-Nukem , I see you , pretending down to shivers....

crunchy superman 09-29-2009 06:17 AM

Like, zoinks!

randombluedude2 09-29-2009 06:26 PM

I still care about Duke Nukem Forever and I will do anything I can to support it.:wid:

fast-1 09-29-2009 07:25 PM

Why not support the other Duke games that are being released. DNF is not :wid:

It's not done.:censored:

KaiserSoze 09-30-2009 12:34 AM

Still around and frustrated as ever. Hopefully something will break soon.

JobivanHiob 09-30-2009 02:51 AM

well the promised Duke's Official Fan Page hast been delayed it seems...

Nice to see you around Kaiser! You should be awarded for the DNF fans hall of fame! :)

Yes "soon" is the word to choose...Soon next year or so....2010 is Dukes year in every expect. I'm counting on it Scott! :)

ZuljinRaynor 09-30-2009 08:00 AM

Duke's Official Page is :wid:

Semaj 09-30-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JobivanHiob (Post 897696)
well the promised Duke's Official Fan Page hast been delayed it seems...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZuljinRaynor (Post 897705)
Duke's Official Page is :wid:

Let's see if they even have the ability to get it done.

fast-1 09-30-2009 02:16 PM

Not a fan page of Duke, it's not done.

But this forum is a fan page. So :cool:.

FlashBack 10-01-2009 03:16 AM

I rather think of it as dead and check this forum and duke4.net once a month to keep confirming that it's dead. Maybe one day something unexpected will happen and we will see duke made into a fps game again.
I smell a restart on idtech 5 or tech 6 with release date between 2012 and 2015.

Onebullit 10-01-2009 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlashBack (Post 897845)
I rather think of it as dead and check this forum and duke4.net once a month to keep confirming that it's dead. Maybe one day something unexpected will happen and we will see duke made into a fps game again.
I smell a restart on idtech 5 or tech 6 with release date between 2012 and 2015.

You smell what ? Where is this guy (GB & co) going too get money for doing that. LoL
Don't smell so much.

crunchy superman 10-01-2009 06:35 AM

I smell no game. Ever.

Stevey Boy 10-01-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchy superman (Post 897853)
I smell no game. Ever.

Im with you on that one:(

zwieback 10-01-2009 02:22 PM

it's coming. good things "take a while"

and yes! i'm still here!

KaiserSoze 10-01-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchy superman (Post 897853)
I smell no game. Ever.

I still hold out a little hope it'll see the light of day. On the other side of the coin, I've also made peace with knowing we'll most likely never play it. :(

Impulse 10-03-2009 12:22 AM

Still waiting.

Still hurting on the inside :(

DGLRadio 10-05-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor89 (Post 890780)
yeah yeah....i'm still here..still interested in seeing dnf:brickwall:

macintyre90 10-06-2009 10:40 PM

your god dam right i still care! i check for news every few days and its been a while since anything substantial :confused: im concerned about its development and when/if it's going to be continued, I haven't lost faith :)

Onebullit 10-07-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_angel (Post 890890)
The game will be released, there is no doubt about that.

Is this a fealing that you are having or what ? ...
How can you say something like that without knowing some facts ? ...
Did you work for 3DR ?, are you a son or a doughter or a family member ..... if so, i can believe that DNF will rise again but if it's just a fealing than ...... nah can't believe that it will come out soon or ever come out.

Peace,

frankentruck1 10-07-2009 08:13 AM

still waiting. still checking. still wanting, badly. maybe the mass firing was a good thing, like the old saying " too many cooks in the kitchen". now with room to move forever may come out in my lifetime.

ReadOnly 10-07-2009 09:24 AM

Yeah, now there is only George on dev team. And you know George...

Alexander 10-07-2009 01:17 PM

Even though it has been very quiet about DNF, I still don't think the game is completely dead. It's probably floating somewhere on a harddisk.... Forever... :).

What bothers me sometimes is Georges missing interest to stay in tough with his fans. Yes I know he used to pop in the forums every now and then.
But now? Twitter? WTF is it with this short message nonsense anyway?
"Dude, I'm playing Super Mario and watching the latest ******* Video."
"Taking the dog for a walk."
Oh yes, now we feel the need to express our senseless timewasting small talk on the web aswell.
Who needs this? For what??

Well anyway, I would wish for some solid info or a plan of what comes next.
If there is a plan at all! Let's just hope George doen't play his life away on WOW.

ReadOnly 10-07-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander (Post 898854)
Who needs this? For what??

Then don't read. His friends need it. It's a new way to "stay in touch". And it's not an official 3dr twitter, you know.

Alexander 10-07-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadOnly (Post 898855)
And it's not an official 3dr twitter, you know.

Oh, I would have never guessed...

ClotosetZ 10-08-2009 02:47 PM

Last time I login here was 2001... :doh:

BUT I have been coming here once in a while to check what's going on...

and YES! I AM still waiting for Duke Nukem Forever to arrive! :cool:

Duke's New Chainsaw 10-08-2009 03:05 PM

The King is Dead. Long Live The King.

Neo 10-08-2009 04:05 PM

Well its sad to be here now after all this.. no real point isnt it, chances to ever seeing this game are slim to zero really.. unless they sell ip which i doubt they never will so we can go on and on about this forever :(

Blue Lightning 10-08-2009 09:28 PM

I heard a rumor from a pal over at the 2K forums that DNF is still being developed, but under the "Apogee" name. Is this true?

Yatta 10-08-2009 09:40 PM

Definitely not true.

Technical (engine-related development) reasons aside, there is no purpose to develop a game when there is a large legal dispute involved.

Wamplet 10-09-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke's New Chainsaw (Post 898995)
The King is Dead. Long Live The King.

but the king is dead.

That is unpossible?

HertogJan 10-11-2009 07:53 AM

Still here from time to time... :)

Amethyst 10-14-2009 09:25 AM

Old school fan, reporting in. :cool:

Zed'sDead 10-14-2009 02:04 PM

I'm down with Duke.

Angelo86 10-14-2009 05:13 PM

i am sure that the game restart with id Tech 5 or Unreal Engine 4 or CryEngine3
would be nice to see DNF with CryEngine3!
CryEngine 3 is perfect for Duke!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/be...engine-3/57638

ReadOnly 10-14-2009 05:27 PM

I bet those engines cost some money. Which they don't have.

DiamondDave 10-15-2009 07:56 AM

Just what we would need... another new engine and a restart... (sigh)...

rockmanekuzu8 10-15-2009 05:03 PM

Duke is on his way back, and he's ready for action shortly, hang in there you all. DUKE IS REALLY PISSED OFF BTW, unlike anything serious I've ever seen. ;)
:love:

JobivanHiob 10-15-2009 05:12 PM

Rockman roxers your boxers :D

Yeah Duke is really pissed off by Take 2...No one messes with the Duke!

please Take 2 be so nice and help 3DR to finish this game! You will make a lot of cash after all, you know. ;)

cptsynergy 10-15-2009 09:24 PM

I checked in... because I care.
No more... no less.

Olddude 10-21-2009 04:57 AM

Sure I'd like to see the game completed and released.

The longer a release is delayed the less likely it will be ever be released. As time moves on the game's graphics become outdated. After a significant shift in graphics quality, it will never be released. It will can only be rebuilt again. And the current owners track record on that is a little poor at best!

Duke's Acolyte 10-21-2009 02:20 PM

I've been following Duke since 2001. I've been reading this forum on and off since 2003. Like some, I finally made an account just for this topic and may or may not post again. I am still here and still waiting and will be here and keep on waiting until one of two things happens:

A. We get an official release date for Duke Nukem Forever.

Or

B. We find out that this has been a long and cruel joke and that there never was a game coming out to begin with.

I'm sure it will be the former of these two scenarios that occurs even if it takes another 12 years.

grayfish 10-22-2009 08:20 AM

I hope the game came out ... :( :) NOW :O

Spardanian 10-22-2009 03:14 PM

I still come here everyday and believe that the game will be realised one day and I will be atleast first of 100 to hear about it and jump trough window.

Suppressor1 10-22-2009 05:49 PM

Are you looking for news? I am sorry, but this forum is the last place where you can find it. Nothing here is new. Check out shacknews. But even shacknews doesn´t have anything to tell anymore, because there is noting to report. So we will have to leave it to the lawyers (as George said). I think we won´t hear anything new next months. Let me guess: It will take more than 1/2 year, and finally, 3D realms will be shut down, forever.

Angelo86 10-24-2009 07:00 AM

Top 10 Biggest Busts, Proof that some things fail in the video game industry.

DNF is second

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/to...ewattack/57922