3D Realms Forums

3D Realms Forums (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/index.php)
-   Popular Media Forum (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Tom Cruise in next Star Trek movie? (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23398)

NutWrench 10-31-2006 02:43 PM

Tom Cruise in next Star Trek movie?

I saw this over at TrekToday.

Good idea? Bad? Meh?

I bet Cruise would make a great Borg. He certainly has the emotional depth for it. :D

Hyperactive Slob 10-31-2006 02:59 PM

Re: Tom Cruise in next Star Trek movie?

Xenu in Star Trek FTW!:p

Damien_Azreal 10-31-2006 03:03 PM

Cruise... :D I can't take anything he does seriously anymore. The guy has completely lost it.

Phait 10-31-2006 03:10 PM

I like Cruise.

But Star Trek is silly and I can't see him doing a silly movie.

Hudson 10-31-2006 03:15 PM

Maybe he'll jump up and down on the command deck and attack spock.

Scotty 10-31-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Tom Cruise in next Star Trek movie?
...as a Pakled? :eek: :) :D

Commando Nukem 10-31-2006 03:24 PM

Oh for ****s sakes guys, the mans happy he has a family, stop treating him like hes crazy for being happy.

John 10-31-2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commando Nukem (Post 437369)
Oh for ****s sakes guys, the mans happy he has a family, stop treating him like hes crazy for being happy.

He isn't crazy for being happy about his new family. :o He's crazy because he's ****ing nuts.

Hudson 10-31-2006 03:42 PM

I call people who act crazy, crazy. The way he's been acting constitutes "batshit insane".

Maybe it's all the Martians who populated the earth using telepathy causing my alien DNA to call him that for revealing their evil plot.. I dunno.

Maybe he'll be wearing a red shirt......

Paroxysm 10-31-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commando Nukem (Post 437369)

Knowing several people that have worked with him I feel confident in saying that he's crazy because he's ****ing nuts and he's a complete arsehole.

FullMetalJacket 10-31-2006 04:02 PM

Honestly, say whatever you want about Cruise as a person or his talents as an actor. The fact of the matter is, virtually every movie he's ever been in has been WONDERFUL (Mission: Impossible series, The Last Samurai, A Few Good Men, Jerry Maguire...). In fact, I don't think he's EVER done a bad movie. :love:

Hudson 10-31-2006 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullMetalJacket (Post 437392)
In fact, I don't think he's EVER done a bad movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407304/

Llama Gibbz 10-31-2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NutWrench (Post 437344)

I bet Cruise would make a great Borg.

More like a tribble.

SyntaxN 10-31-2006 04:23 PM

I donīt like the person Tom Cruise. But as an actor I think he does a good job, so I would like him to show up. AFAIR the next Star Trek movie is supposed to play in the time of Kirk beeing at the Starfleet academy or so. Cruise should play the "devilish" instructor then http://www.chrissyx.com/forum/images/smilies/14.gif :D

FullMetalJacket 10-31-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hudson (Post 437395)

Apart from the stupid Spielbergian fact that the dumb son lived at the end :doh: , I loved that movie. A lot of wonderful references to the book, great suspense, and solid visual effects. Most amazing of all, the entire film was made in only eight months.

Tang Lung 10-31-2006 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hudson (Post 437362)
Maybe he'll jump up and down on the command deck and attack spock.

Haha, that would be worth the ticket price alone. And they should get Oprah to play Uhura.

Imagine if he insisted on them making it a scientology film, they find Xenu and all that etc. Would have the potential to be the funniest film of the year.

Damien_Azreal 10-31-2006 04:52 PM

I'm not calling him crazy because he's happy about his family... I'm calling him crazy because he's a f*cking nut.

In the matter of a few months he went from being one of the most private celebrities out there to exposing everything and acting completely bonkers. Plus, after leaving Paramount he's kindof screwed himself.

Besides... about him not doing a bad movie? WoW was bad, Eyes Wide Shut was boring as hell and MI2 was horrid. IMHO. :p

John 10-31-2006 04:54 PM

Didn't Paramount leave him?

Damien_Azreal 10-31-2006 04:57 PM

Well yeah... but it was because of how he was acting. So... I consider it his fault. :p

Joe Siegler 10-31-2006 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NutWrench (Post 437344)

Good idea? Bad? Meh?

I bet Cruise would make a great Borg. He certainly has the emotional depth for it. :D

False. Been debunked a few days ago. This came out last week. If Trektoday is just reporting on it TODAY, they're way behind.

Links from last week:

http://trekmovie.com/2006/10/24/crui...eo-in-trek-xi/
http://trekmovie.com/2006/10/25/crui...-rumor-denied/
http://trekmovie.com/2006/10/26/crui...running-story/

Nessus 10-31-2006 06:49 PM

And presenting Katie Holmes as 7 0f 9!

Kalki 11-01-2006 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Siegler (Post 437456)
False. Been debunked a few days ago.

Ah, fudge. I too was looking forward to him being a reincarnation of Xenu. It may have been our only chance to find out what Scientology was about.

Vivi 11-01-2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Siegler (Post 437456)
False. Been debunked a few days ago. This came out last week. If Trektoday is just reporting on it TODAY, they're way behind.

Links from last week:

http://trekmovie.com/2006/10/24/crui...eo-in-trek-xi/
http://trekmovie.com/2006/10/25/crui...-rumor-denied/
http://trekmovie.com/2006/10/26/crui...running-story/

I mean SERIOUSLY, how unprofessional.

wayskobfssae 11-01-2006 12:33 PM

Would've been a bad sign Star Trek. It's been struggling a LOT in the past few years, and using Cruise just sounded like a cheap star-power tactic. I don't think this means he'd ruin it, but I doubt he could save it either. Star Trek is just NOT for him.

Mountain Man 11-01-2006 08:00 PM

I like Tom Cruise as an actor. As a person, he's a bit wacked in the head, but he's still a decent actor.

wayskobfssae 11-01-2006 09:10 PM

Oh yeah he's definately a good actor. I just can't see him on the bridge of a ship. That'd be like putting Patrick Stewart in a role suited for Robin Williams.

Hudson 11-01-2006 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal (Post 437424)
Besides... about him not doing a bad movie? WoW was bad, Eyes Wide Shut was boring as hell and MI2 was horrid. IMHO. :p

Oh yeah, I forgot how bad MI2 was :o

John 11-01-2006 09:26 PM

What about "Miiii" ?

wayskobfssae 11-01-2006 09:36 PM

Cheap sequels made at minimal budget just to squeeze a little extra moolah out of the success of the original, are crap no matter who has the starring role.

Mountain Man 11-02-2006 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal (Post 437424)
Eyes Wide Shut was boring as hell...

Blasphemy! No film directed by the late, great Stanley Kubrik deserves to be described in such a crass manner!

Damien_Azreal 11-02-2006 03:25 PM

Hey, MM, I love and own every Kubrik film and love them all(except EWS). But I was very let down with EWS, IMO it just didn't measure up to his previous greatness. It's the only one of his films I don't own.

Hmmm... must go watch A Clockwork Orange now. :p

Hudson 11-02-2006 06:26 PM

Mmm.. Clockwork Orange :love:

Commando Nukem 11-02-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain Man (Post 437994)
I like Tom Cruise as an actor. As a person, he's a bit wacked in the head, but he's still a decent actor.

Whacked how? Jumping up and down on a couch because hes excited about having a family and having an opinion on anti-depressants and anti-pyschotics makes him "wacked" in the head? I agree with him one hundred percent, people need to take less pills. If we're gonna be immature about the couch jumping thing... well damn.

And I don't remember Mr. Cruiser spraying water in someones face during and interview.

John 11-02-2006 08:42 PM

Yes, him stating that chemical imbalances are a myth makes him wacked, in my opinion. Infact it makes him a friggen idiot.

Hudson 11-02-2006 08:55 PM

Yeah, because the studies of mental illness and the classification of it as an actual disease is just far too unbelievable.

Instead we should believe that the martians who laid people-eggs designed our cells in a specific way to never have any "mental illnesses" especially ones that don't contain the belief of aliens laying people eggs.

John 11-02-2006 08:57 PM

"You...You're a jerk!"

NetNessie 11-17-2006 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperactive Slob (Post 437352)
Xenu in Star Trek FTW!:p

QFT! 5char

Tang Lung 11-17-2006 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 438463)
"You...You're a jerk!"

You know, I was on his side when that happened. I thought the p****s who did it were immature dumbasses and completely talentless, like everything else ever made by Channel 4.

But I'll be damned if I didn't laugh everytime I heard him say that :D

mon2908 11-17-2006 10:55 AM

They should make him a Buck Rogers like survivor of the past that will bring George W. Bushs great views of the world to the rest of the galaxy (maybe the Klingons). If they find out what a stupid power hungry idiot Bush was they'll change their warrior culture in a peaceful society and become the most advanced species in the universe.

That would be a great political movie. If Bush wants to be part of the movie give him the role of a Ferengi or a redshirt.