Thread: Triton
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #779
OBWANDO
Triton Staff
Re: Triton
I know many of you are curious why I have been silent, and that is because of legal reasons, so this is not a statement I am making from the company's perspective. I can't go into details, but I can say that all users that purchased the game from Triton will not be screwed, or left out in the cold. There will be a patch that will remove the dependency from the live system and allow you to backup / copy and play your games. Next step will allow you to run the games direct without any of the triton code.

I am making sure I have permission to get this pach out first so that I dont run into legal issues. When some of the dust settles, I should be able to give a better picture. From my perspective on digital distribution, this is essential that the patch be released so that no one is left out in the cold and it doesnt get a mark against it.

I'm working with the guys at 3DR and HH for Prey. If you just purchased it and you didnt get a CD key, or have comments / flames (or not), drop me a line at [ thebox a.t. obwando.com ] and I will do my best to get things resolved as I move forward on my next project. That is my personal email box, and not a company address.

I told the community that I would support and resolve any of these things if it happened, and I intend to keep my word personally.

--Royal
OBWANDO is offline   Reply With Quote