View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:19 AM   #929
Nihilanth

Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Black View Post
The model you see in the PDF appears not to be normal-mapped yet, it's probably just a shot of the Slime Mutant's raw .mdl file, without much additional detail.
I honestly don't see how it could make him look so much different. But anyway, it's not really important at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
And, in regards to the folder of "leaked images"... while there are a couple of images that look like possibly "Hell of Earth" type Doom stuff. The majority of the images just looked like RAGE DLC.
Yeah, some stuff looked significantly different than RAGE but on the contrary, some other looked exactly like RAGE. Perhaps something that got cut from RAGE? There was this NY shot or two with DOOM 3 on a billboard - I wouldn't really expect such a blunt reference to a previous game in the new one. And, like I said, I don't think anyone working on it would take so much risk to just post it. The thread on DW got deleted though.

That also reminded me, I wonder what's going on with RAGE DLC. Hopefully it'll include some SP stuff. We haven't actually heard from id in a long time.

On the final note, I asked Mick Gordon about those supposed DOOM tracks on his site and he denied working on it. That kind of doesn't change the fact that they're prefixed with "DOOM4" but if he says so, I guess we can say they're not from DOOM.