Thread: Iron Man 3
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #37
Kalki

Re: Iron Man 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
It clearly has it's audience when based in it's own world otherwise games like Zelda and WoW wouldn't be successful, but when you try to mix it with sci-fi it's a dead duck and completely off putting to me - could you imagine a sci-fi Zelda?

Regarding Star Wars, I never considered 'The force' concept (before Lucas ruined it in the second trilogy) magic. I saw it more as 'the one' type deal we saw in the Matrix where one (or a group) are thinking/acting or are physically on another level compared to the people around them. Plus, the Star Wars characters are all alien as well.
The Matrix was sci-fi but the sequels tried to obfuscate Neo's Oneness with spiritual elements. Sciencing up the Force with Midichlorians also altered canon and broke self-consistency. Now if Zelda or WoW had sci-fi elements from the start in harmony with fantasy, it could have worked. Look at He-Man (MOTU).
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech