View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #1405
Kitsumi32
Re: The Jace Hall DNF Footage Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwieback View Post
has been answered before - not gonna happen. if you think about it, what would you want with a techdemo of a game.. it's worthless.. all i would like to see is a screenshot collection of some levels which survived all the engines
It would be cool if they tossed a video of gameplay from the old engines in on the DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwieback View Post
@Kaliki .. oh i didn't see this, sorry. but anyway my question was if there is any background music in the game or not. the latest statement is from i think.. 2002 or earlier. it doesn't matter anyway.
The last DNF FAQ I read, they said that there would be a title theme, and that they would have boss fight music (the quote was something to the effect of "because that's just fun") however they didn't want it to feel like Duke was wearing headphones all the time, so there would be no in game music, just ambiance. Of couse, with the Ego HUD thing, it makes you feel as if you're in a game anyway, so I hope they change their mind and add some music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicallyInspired View Post
I don't know what you guys are talking about regarding colours. It looks QUITE colourful and doesn't look washed out/greyish like Quake 4/Prey AT ALL. In fact it kinda looks more colourful than real life in some places. I'd say they're going in the right direction.
Yeah, it's not really THAT dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weses View Post
Why do some people keep saying it looks like just another generic FPS game?
Because some people are stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weses View Post
Seriously. This looks exactly how I wanted it to look and that's mega-awesomeness.

QFT.