View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #10
Hendricks266
Re: The Introduction Thread
Hey! My name is Evan, and I've played Apogee games since I can remember. Major Stryker, Secret Agent, the shareware Keens, and the first two Duke Nukems were my favorites. I even sported a Major Stryker avatar for a number of years.

I first discovered Duke 3D at age 8. My curiosity with the game led me to the JFDuke3D source port, and later EDuke32. I joined these forums in 2005, and as time passed I became more involved with the EDuke32 modding scene. For some time I primarily focused on managing the High Resolution Packs for two of Duke 3D's expansions.

In 2009, I contacted the original authors of the long-lost Shadow Warrior expansion, Deadly Kiss. The founder of SillySoft put me in charge of restoring and finishing the expansion for a freeware release. This is an ongoing team effort.

By 2011, I had graduated from Duke 3D's CON scripting to full-fledged C/C++ programming after taking a class in it sophomore year of high school. After submitting a few patches to EDuke32, EDuke32 creator and longtime 3DR moderator TerminX invited me to join the EDuke32 development team. I joined the Duke4.net moderation staff not long after.

This past spring, TerminX and I began helping with the 3DR relaunch by sorting through development materials and preparing beta versions of games from the archives, which involves defeating several archaic methods of DOS-era copy protection intended to prevent these materials from falling into the wrong hands.

I am currently studying Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I also recently co-founded Voidpoint, LLC with TerminX at the helm and we are excited to debut official ports of Duke Nukem 3D to Android and iOS in the new year.
Last edited by Hendricks266; 12-25-2014 at 01:35 AM.