Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Archives > Duke Nukem Forever

Old 02-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #121
Acid

Re: DNF Confirmed for 2008, and confirmed for 360/PS3!
If it's released later this year or early next, gives me more time to save for a new PC.

But I dont believe any release date unless George posts one here, otherwise its still WID.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #122
Tedades

Thats not soon enough

Btw.
The release date is a lie!
Just like the cake...
Old 02-06-2008, 03:54 PM   #123
EmperorZorn

It will be released at the end of 2008 / early 2009.
DNF is NOT Vaporware.

(Should it not be release at the end of 2008, I will hack and delete George's MMO account !)
Old 02-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #124
Mr. Crow

Omg, less than a year!!! Thumbs up people, hope it is released soon!

My Half Life 2 online acc: exciter ;add me to your friends list!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:19 PM   #125
jagguar20

Omg Wah Wah!!1 This Is So Exciting Beah Beah Wih Wiuh!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #126
Komb.at

well well, news at last. End of 2008 is far away, but then ... what's a year in DNF measurement....
Old 02-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #127
George Broussard
3D Realms Staff

I'd like to address the article the Dallas Business Journal put up today.

In what appears to be an unfortunate turn of events, there seems to have been some confusion between what was 'off the record' and what was not. I suppose we're used to dealing with gaming press and not mainstream press. Lesson learned.

While we have internal targets, dates and goals, like every developer, we are not ready to share them. What's amazing about this is that the DBJ must have assumed that we'd actually announce a date to them, and not gaming press, and that even in the light of Scott's quote of "We can't make an official announcement.", the DBJ effectively did that. Lesson learned.

The release date is still 'when it's done', and will be until the appropriate moment. Platforms have not been finalized or announced. You can rest assured that we are moving toward a goal and that the recently released teaser trailer is the start of that process and seeing more of the game, sooner than later.

We apologize to gamers and websites everywhere for this series of events. Sometimes, you can be too trusting of people and assume things that come back to bite you. Lesson learned.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #128
HangNail

Thanks for clearing things up.

I went to the park today and watched the kids running around, jumping and screaming. Of course it wasn't much fun after they realized I was using blanks.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #129
Danule

i thought so
Old 02-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #130
81 Z28

Damn, oh well a little false hope isnt that bad.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #131
ZuljinRaynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post

In what appears to be an unfortunate turn of events, there seems to have been some confusion between what was 'off the record' and what was not. I suppose we're used to dealing with gaming press and not mainstream press. Lesson learned.

While we have internal targets, dates and goals, like every developer, we are not ready to share them. What's amazing about this is that the DBJ must have assumed that we'd actually announce a date to them, and not gaming press, and that even in the light of Scott's quote of "We can't make an official announcement.", the DBJ effectively did that. Lesson learned.

The release date is still 'when it's done', and will be until the appropriate moment. Platforms have not been finalized or announced. You can rest assured that we are moving toward a goal and that the recently released teaser trailer is the start of that process and seeing more of the game, sooner than later.

We apologize to gamers and websites everywhere for this series of events. Sometimes, you can be too trusting of people and assume things that come back to bite you. Lesson learned.
Thanks for the clear up, George.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #132
HazMat

This is the thread we all have been waiting for.

This is awesome, I get home and check the board and wham, big ass thread ready to read. I am loving it. \o/
Old 02-06-2008, 04:55 PM   #133
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Don't get to excited there.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #134
GOK

Thanks George - clear as mud now.

All this seems to be proof that the DNF Cult actually owns the Dallas Business Journal.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #135
EmperorZorn

Quote:

Uh...ok, George.
Now let me find my MMO-account-hacking-toolkit....
Old 02-06-2008, 05:06 PM   #136
brabee

Thanks George, its always good to know things are going well!
Old 02-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #137
HazMat

I just read the entire thread so far and I am still excited. this is a big scoop and I knew we were close after the teaser. I am glad they will be hitting the big 3 but the 360 version is going to get a lot love in my house, of coarse i will get the PC copy as well.
HELL YEAH!
Old 02-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #138
ryche

Nicely worded George
Old 02-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #139
JobivanHiob

^indeed.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #140
JobivanHiob

Quote:
seeing more of the game, sooner than later
what a mysterious phrase He really knows how to say something without saying anything. I vote George for governor
Old 02-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #141
Mr.Fibbles

I am glad George cleared that up for us.
I guess this whole development has been one big learning experience for them. But why would a local journal think you would announce a release date to them? That makes no sense.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #142
HazMat

There shouldn't be any disappointment with the news today. if everyone chilled and just go with it then GB would be more comfy in posting in here. There is no upsetting thing about the news, is there? I only see good stuff.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:49 PM   #143
slapnutz

While I realise that the console versions of the game would be the biggest sellers, please dont make the PC version a crappy bloatware port like Assasins Creed is shaping up to be George.

(assuming the "rumors" are true, that is)
Old 02-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #144
Firstperson
Thanks George. Ya'll jump on them for jumpin the gun! The Daily Business Journal. Not us.

-Duke Nukem
Old 02-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #145
Marty

yay! i knew it wouldnt be true, but its good to hear that we will be getting more media sooner rather than later straight from the horses mouth (sorry GB, you're not a horse)
Old 02-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #146
Waiter

Buzzy little beezz have been buzzing...

I was hoping to buy DNF as a christmas present in '98, mayhaps it was only the 9 that was wrong...
Old 02-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #147
IwantMORE

E3 could be good for us this year
Old 02-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #148
Malgon

My excitement skyrocketed when I first saw the thread, but it seems I missed out on the fun, and it's not as concrete as everyone hoped. As soon as I read the link I knew the info 3DRealms had given had been misinterpreted and it was not an official statement. At least we know they are getting ever closer, and are positive with the work they are doing.

Regardless it's been an enjoyable thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1750 View Post
This thread: -> -> -> ->

But the 30secs of excitement were nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserSoze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar_58 View Post
Well see thats because they need this

Great stuff boys.

Quote:

All clear now George.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #149
Waiter

So, like ... "We're aiming for a 2008 release, but don't tell anyone." ???

Old 02-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #150
themetal

wow, good news never ever seems to be good news for dnf
Old 02-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #151
RAW

Wow i love this. Your all in an uproar about something very trivial. I mean come on peopleeee. Its coming yes , their close yes. When it will be finished? youll know when they tell you, i mean in a realistic view they have been feeding us enough for us to know their close , george and scott are no fools ok , lets say scott sent this email to generate hype, well it worked. people are talking duke again and its just one of many ways to generate the hype. Scott didnt for one minute sent an email out that wasnt discussed by him and george. So open your eyes and take a concuss
look at whats goin on here
Old 02-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #152
RAW

Oh one more thing , no lock
Speaks for itself because this definity its a lock
Old 02-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #153
Waiter

Sort of my point.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #154
oak man

^^
Yeah, but don't rush DNF guys! Hell I'll wait another 10 years so the game won't be bad Take yer time guys!

>>My flickr page<<
Old 02-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #155
HazMat

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz View Post
While I realise that the console versions of the game would be the biggest sellers, please dont make the PC version a crappy bloatware port like Assasins Creed is shaping up to be George.

(assuming the "rumors" are true, that is)
Dont worry about that man cuz they have said all along that they are making a PC version first and then they will port it over. by the sounds of it they are allready porting or just starting that process now which is good news for a lazy gamer like me. but i will get the PC version for MP. So it is not like they have focused on the console versions, they have focused on the PC version as far as I know, which means a solid game all around for all of us. \o/
Old 02-06-2008, 07:33 PM   #156
Waiter

You mean I can keep my name for a bit longer?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #157
RAW

The definition of HYPE MACHINEEE
Old 02-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #158
Berntsen

Aw, the thread title got me excited for nothing.

Oh well... back to my cave... waiting... for the Duke to return...

*sobs silently*
Old 02-06-2008, 09:11 PM   #159
Hirschjager
Is it time for me to go to the "New Releases" sections of my local PC game stores? I'll remove all the games so Duke will have a place to sit. Maybe i'll also clear a whole aisle. Duke needs his space and everyone is going to want him!

As Security intervenes, i'll yell "DNF is coming, really it is !!!!"
Old 02-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #160
lethal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter View Post
So, like ... "We're aiming for a 2008 release, but don't tell anyone." ???

bizjournals: