Re: The Jace Hall DNF Footage Thread
YES!

CONFIRMED BY JACE HALL:

Controls

Game of the year...no DECADE
Old 06-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #1522
Malgon

Okay, I've watched the HD video and I take it that the worker at the beginning is trying to escape from behind the fence, and after the explosion, the gate is flung towards the screen and lands on the ground. It's go by very quickly, but it's something I did pick up. There is also a beeping sound right before the explosion, it's pretty tough to pickup but it's there. Also how does Duke throw a pipebomb while holding the Devastator? It doesn't make much sense.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:27 PM   #1523
DerricktheW

It's a quick pipebomb, and I'm sure they fixed that up.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:28 PM   #1524
Kennerado

Someone suggested the pipebomb thrown was the "quick pipebomb". Which explains why he was still holding the weapon.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:30 PM   #1525
timothy2
Yeah but, I wonder what he uses to throw the quick pipe bomb...his enormous tool?

Old 06-06-2008, 10:33 PM   #1526
MrGfire
its sounds like he really enyoed DNF, "Its really a Duke game". And I really like the sound of that!

Old 06-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #1527
rockmanekuzu8

Arrow Re: The Jace Hall DNF Footage Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post
Gaming journalism is all in all, pathetic.

Pretty amazing seeing as Duke 3D was released in May 1996 and the Plutonium Pak/Atomic Edition was late 1996, then Shadow Warrior was late 1997.

False.

It's amazing how they just print stuff, or how saying something enough times in internet forums makes something fact
You got that right sir, they will pay for the DNF insults when you start releasing more media soon hopefully to God this year...
Old 06-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #1528
Ironside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen4ever View Post
In actuality DNF uses the W.I.D engine.
thats a real good name for the engine. They should rename it to WID.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:41 PM   #1529
rockmanekuzu8

Smile Re: The Jace Hall DNF Footage Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserSoze View Post
Super, thanks for asking!

Didn't think we'd get any footage so it was a pleasant and unexpected surprise. Good to finally see the game in motion.

Glad to hear the ego stuff is actually developer temp stuff. Looked like hit points out of an rpg and breaks immersion imo.

I've watched the video footage so much, I'm surprised I don't have burn in on my monitor.
You're not the only one that watched it a lot either, I am getting ready to Rock for more as always...
Old 06-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #1530
HorrorOfWar
quick pipebomb? does this mean throwing a pipe bomb a short distance without changing weapons? Doesnt seem to fit in with there full body awareness dynamic unless he holds his wep in one and and throws it with the other.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:45 PM   #1531
Ironside

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorOfWar View Post
quick pipebomb? does this mean throwing a pipe bomb a short distance without changing weapons? Doesnt seem to fit in with there full body awareness dynamic unless he holds his wep in one and and throws it with the other.
The quick pipebomb is about gameplay.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #1532
Commando Nukem

Quote:
Sounds like "room clearing" style to me.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:54 PM   #1533
Longtimefan1984
I for one think gaming journalism, while immature at times, reports things as they are.....No ammunition, no wounds...
Old 06-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #1534
Commando Nukem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan1984 View Post
I for one think gaming journalism, while immature at times, reports things as they are.....No ammunition, no wounds...
Only, minus any semblence of respect for the truth or the actual facts... Just like real journalism mostly.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #1535
Duke's New Chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGfire View Post
its sounds like he really enyoed DNF, "Its really a Duke game". And I really like the sound of that!
I don't doubt it. He sat down and actually played the game for I don't know how long.

We've only seen a couple seconds of quick shots being filmed by a camera looking at a computer monitor. Plus it was from a part in the bowels of the Hover Dam.

Hard to get a real feel from it. I do think it looks more like an Unreal engine game than Prey, though the Octabrain part from the teaser gave me that 'Prey' vibe.

I loved the comment/no comment at the end.

There were somethings I didn't like, but as George said, things have been changed since then and certain things I highly doubt would have been final (like the thin, stretched, flat look of The Ripper).
Old 06-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #1536
Duke's New Chainsaw

Quote:
It's like Halo grenades, but you will be able to use the pipebomb by itself with the detonator. Probably will also be able to make traps with more than one pipebomb like in Duke3d.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #1537
Ironside

Has anyone mentioned the two girls in swimsuits that are in one shot of the Jace Hall show?
Old 06-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #1538
Mr.Fibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
Has anyone mentioned the two girls in swimsuits that are in one shot of the Jace Hall show?
It was totally random. . . they just stood there between cuts. Totally random. . . but funny in its own right.

EDIT: I started looking around and I read the interview Crackle did with Jace.
Quote:
Crackle: Who’d you have to sleep with to get that exclusive first look at Duke Nukem Forever—George Broussard or Scott Miller? Please say both.

JH: I can’t really talk about all the nudity that was required. Even despite the nudity, I am still deeply in their debt and I was honored to be given such a privilege.
That made me laugh.
Last edited by Mr.Fibbles; 06-06-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:22 PM   #1539
Ironside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fibbles View Post
It was totally random. . . they just stood there between cuts. Totally random. . . but funny in its own right.
Hopefully he will do that in all his shows.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:45 PM   #1540
MrGfire
Quote:
Nobody comments 2 wonderful naked ladys in bathsuits when Duke Nukem Forever is in the picture

Old 06-06-2008, 11:49 PM   #1541
Ramen4ever

Quote:
During that entire segment, I was thinking: Damn.. that intern is getting treated like a lil b!tch ..INFRONT of two babes. It doesn't get much worse then that.

But yes, I noticed the chicks.. And I think it's safe to say every guy.. and possibly a few girls too, noticed the babes too, if they watched the entire clip.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:51 PM   #1542
Reaper

Exclamation Re: The Jace Hall DNF Footage Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle View Post
I'm pleasantly surprised the ripper is back. I sorta expected it to be replaced by some generic assault rifle.
I'd rather the generic assault rifle with the flag tied to it. The ripper looks like it was "ripped" straight outta Duke 3D (ie. it sucks, also see: bad pun). The devastator and the shrink gun look great though.

I'd like the ripper to at least look a little different. Perhaps three barrels arranged in a triangular fashion.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #1543
Ramen4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
I'd rather the generic assault rifle with the flag tied to it. The ripper looks like it was "ripped" straight outta Duke 3D (ie. it sucks, also see: bad pun). The devastator and the shrink gun look great though.

I'd like the ripper to at least look a little different. Perhaps three barrels arranged in a triangular fashion.
Is this what the gun is supposed to look like?
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4...pergun3va5.jpg

I just realized that was posted by someone on this forums back in 2006 .. wow good job google search.
Last edited by Ramen4ever; 06-07-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:58 PM   #1544
MrGfire
I really like the new ripper-look! please make it stay like that

Old 06-07-2008, 12:08 AM   #1545
timothy2
Yeah the ripper looks good as it is. Just make it have more of a punch.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:20 AM   #1546
Bejiita
I think I found what the last glasses icon had written under it.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:35 AM   #1547
Duke's New Chainsaw

You're wrong. It's just $$$ .
Old 06-07-2008, 12:54 AM   #1548
Malgon

I've got a question about the pipebomb; We don't actually see Duke throwing it, so is it possible that it's a scripted sequence with the worker trying to escape from a pipebomb (or whatever it is) that's already there?

I also noticed that in the shot below it's a person dangling upside, and possibly without a head. It's cool how the red globes swell up to that size too.
Last edited by Joe Siegler; 07-15-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:16 AM   #1549
Kennerado

I dont think thats a person, from the video it looked like a giant arm that was picking up the red balls. Almost like it was harvesting them.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:21 AM   #1550
Yatta

They're Duke's balls; that's why they're so giant.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:22 AM   #1551
Syph

watch it again, Duke gets close and the red things puff up, the hanging body kinda flops around from being pushed.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:23 AM   #1552
Steve

Octabrain pods?!
Old 06-07-2008, 01:25 AM   #1553
Mackan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennerado View Post
I dont think thats a person, from the video it looked like a giant arm that was picking up the red balls. Almost like it was harvesting them.
It is a person.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:29 AM   #1554
Ramen4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
They're Duke's balls; that's why they're so giant.
Dukes got Red-Nut Sack Syndrome?

Operation re-population must of taken it's toll.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:33 AM   #1555
Syph

kinda gives a whole new meaning to "Heh heh heh, what a mess" But i doubt that could happen, after all, he's got Balls of Steel!
Old 06-07-2008, 02:13 AM   #1556
Marty

maybe Duke is entering the belly of the beast, and at that point he's in the esophagus.

thinking back to the menu screen, i think it would look better for the icons that arent selected to be semi transparent
Old 06-07-2008, 02:25 AM   #1557
Yatta

The menu screen can in no way be final AT ALL. In fact, not only is it not final, it's totally different from what the finished product will be. It's just a temp GUI they put together so they can access the game's settings without entering console commands.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:33 AM   #1558
Unbeholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malgon View Post
I've got a question about the pipebomb; We don't actually see Duke throwing it, so is it possible that it's a scripted sequence with the worker trying to escape from a pipebomb (or whatever it is) that's already there?
when you look at the screenshot of the weapon category 4 you see the pipebomb, so obviously it can be equipped and used manually, (so im assuming its using it with the detonator.)

yes, but when you look at the screenshot you can see "quick PipeBomb" under the controls.

http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?i...lysis03ii8.jpg

im still waiting for more analysis photos, alot of detail. one picture can tell a thousand words, maybe theres something we missed , i keep watching it over and over again ,,
Last edited by Unbeholder; 06-07-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:39 AM   #1559
Talos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malgon View Post
I think it's clear, that it's an in-game cutscene. Notice that there is no crosshair in this scene and Duke might very well be not able to shoot in this time. Now the question is: did this cut-scene got activated by Duke throwing a quick pipebomb behind the fence, or did the pipebomb came from somewhere else?
Either way it's clear that it is a pipebomb (notice the damage indicator which shows a pipebomb like in the weapon selection menu).

http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showpo...postcount=1362
Old 06-07-2008, 02:39 AM   #1560
ColdCat

Duke Nukem is my favorite gaming character of all time.

The only media released until now that captures the unique Duke Nukem feeling is the 2001 trailer .

I really liked what Jason showed us!
Last edited by ColdCat; 06-07-2008 at 04:00 AM. Reason: fun