Old 04-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #961
dan2091

Re: The Post Thread - Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
EA has been accused of several shady business practices. I certainly wouldn't work for them.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...uot-award.aspx

Old 04-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #962
Dopefish7590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamplet View Post
*sniffle*
The wamplet..! It lives!
Dopefish7590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #963
Jeff

World's biggest plane lands in Calgary

I've never heard of the Antonov 225 landing here. Usually the smaller Antonov 124 comes here a few times a month. Can't wait for 2014 when they finish the new runway (16L/34R) and they strike a deal with Emirates Airlines, then we can have the Airbus A380 land here. Already flies into Toronto.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #964
Thief

Without fail, eating asparagus makes my urine smell like sulfur every time. So either I don't drink enough water, or I have an enzyme deficiency.

Juuuusst felt like sharing that.
We choose our profession in defiance of the greed of the monarchy. We will not live for the sake of taxes to fatten the nobles' pockets. We choose to live the only life available to those who would truly be free. We are Thieves.
Thief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #965
Jeff

I get a weird taste in my mouth whenever I eat muffins. Specifically those chocolate chip ones with around 350 calories each. They even contain vanilla pudding in the batter. Tastes very acidic. Kind of like apples.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #966
Scotty

Goofy Re: The Post Thread - Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief View Post
Without fail, eating asparagus makes my urine smell like sulfur every time. So either I don't drink enough water, or I have an enzyme deficiency.

Juuuusst felt like sharing that.
I've seen "Gargle asparagus flavored urine" as an insult elsewhere on the internet.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #967
Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief View Post
Without fail, eating asparagus makes my urine smell like sulfur every time.
Oh, so that's why...
Waiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #968
Joe Siegler
Former 3DR Staff

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #969
Waiter

Does it come with flush memory?
Old 05-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #970
ZuljinRaynor

Goodbye, Flyers!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #971
Waiter

OK, so now General Messages consists of two (2) threads...
Old 05-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #972
The Dukenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter View Post
OK, so now General Messages consists of two (2) threads...
That's the forum cutoff date. You can change it to beginning to see all other threads.
The Dukenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #973
Commando Nukem

It is somewhat telling that none of those threads are visible unless you make that change though. So empty!

ECHO! Echo...! Echo....!

Old 05-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #974
Thief

Mock...yeah!...ing...yeah!...bird...yeah!.....yeah !...YEAH!!
We choose our profession in defiance of the greed of the monarchy. We will not live for the sake of taxes to fatten the nobles' pockets. We choose to live the only life available to those who would truly be free. We are Thieves.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #975
Jeff

Oh look, frost! Say kids, you wouldn't haven't to have a cup of warm water would ya?
Old 05-24-2012, 12:38 AM   #976
Rapture_Rising

Hi quick question, this doesnt need its own thread so i'll ask it here.

Are OCZ power supply units any good? i want to upgrade my graphics card in my PC, but i need a new PSU as well, i have seen a OCZ ModXStream pro 700 Watt modular PSU that fits into my budget quite nicely but i have never heard of OCZ before.
Here we go folks... The rarest creature in nature... The Duketard. I will now approach him very quitely and... Jam my thumb in his butt hole. That should REALLY piss him off! or he'll be rightly pissed, whichever one sound better.
Rapture_Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #977
The Dukenator

I haven't heard of OCZ, but have heard of Antec.
Ended up buying an Antec 500 watt PSU to replace my last one couple years ago.
The Dukenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #978
Jeff

Over the last couple years, I've had a Corsair and CoolerMaster PSUs. Never had an issue with them. Can't comment on OCZ's PSUs.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #979
Rapture_Rising

Thanks, i have heard about OCZ SSD failure rates not being the best so i starting doubt buying it.

I have seen a Corsair TX-650M modular PSU which seems alright and is a known brand.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=18539
Here we go folks... The rarest creature in nature... The Duketard. I will now approach him very quitely and... Jam my thumb in his butt hole. That should REALLY piss him off! or he'll be rightly pissed, whichever one sound better.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #980
Thief

Wooo!! I'm part of a lottery pool at work and our pool of 12 won a pot of a little more than $4700...so around $375 each. Best Monday morning news I've had in years, yet I can't help but wonder if I've even broken even being that the weekly contribution is $5.

Meh, still feels good!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:30 AM   #981
Waiter

There is no "Like" button...

There is also no "Envy" button.

Er... Congratulations!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #982
Riddlewire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture_Rising View Post
Hi quick question, this doesnt need its own thread so i'll ask it here.

Are OCZ power supply units any good? i want to upgrade my graphics card in my PC, but i need a new PSU as well, i have seen a OCZ ModXStream pro 700 Watt modular PSU that fits into my budget quite nicely but i have never heard of OCZ before.
I suppose you've already addressed your power supply issue, so this response might not be helpful. But someone else might like a recommendation.
I bought this OCZ ZT 650W PSU about six months ago, after doing a lot of research on similar models. For the price (it was $70 at the time) it fit my needs the best. The PC I've been using it with contains a 2.6Ghz G620 Sandy Bridge, 4GB DDR3, a couple of 7200rpm Western Digital Black drives, Sata DVD burner, and a 1GB Nvidia GTS250. Not a super power hungry system, but not a "sipper" either. I don't have the equipment to do diagnostic testing on the PSU (nor would I bother), but it has performed flawlessly so far.
Riddlewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #983
Inanimate Carbon Rod

Riddle - you should invest in an ssd.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #984
8IronBob

I swear this consistent 90+ degree weather's really making me feel rather unstable. I've been burning up for the better part of the afternoon, I've had a heck of a hacking cough session that woke me up over the night, and I'm hoping...HOPING that sleeping it off will get rid of this. Where's that 65 - 70 degree weather relief we deserve? UGH!!!
PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, EVGA 2GB GTX 680, Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600, 160GB X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, 8x LG Blu-ray burner, 3D Vision 2 Kit/3DTV Play, Toshiba TL32515U, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, DAS Pro K/B, Logitech MX518 Mouse, Win 7 Pro x64, Wacom Bamboo Fun Tablet.
8IronBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:28 AM   #985
Rapture_Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8IronBob View Post
I swear this consistent 90+ degree weather's really making me feel rather unstable. I've been burning up for the better part of the afternoon, I've had a heck of a hacking cough session that woke me up over the night, and I'm hoping...HOPING that sleeping it off will get rid of this. Where's that 65 - 70 degree weather relief we deserve? UGH!!!
A few years ago we had a heatwave of 20 days straight about 35C+ (about 95F i think) the hottest it got was 45C or about 113F, but the way it affected me was after it cooled down i was drained of energy for a few days, i couldnt find the energy.

I do prefer Summer then winter, i hate being cold.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddlewire View Post
I suppose you've already addressed your power supply issue, so this response might not be helpful. But someone else might like a recommendation.
I bought this OCZ ZT 650W PSU about six months ago, after doing a lot of research on similar models. For the price (it was $70 at the time) it fit my needs the best. The PC I've been using it with contains a 2.6Ghz G620 Sandy Bridge, 4GB DDR3, a couple of 7200rpm Western Digital Black drives, Sata DVD burner, and a 1GB Nvidia GTS250. Not a super power hungry system, but not a "sipper" either. I don't have the equipment to do diagnostic testing on the PSU (nor would I bother), but it has performed flawlessly so far.
Thanks, i havent got a new PSU yet, all my money i had saved up for went on fixing my car, so it will probably be a few more weeks yet before i get the money.

i have been reading up about OCZ, that their SSD's dont have a good reputation so i might steer away from them, if something is too good to be true then it normally is, so i might save up the dosh and get an Antec or Corsair PSU/
Old 07-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #986
Inanimate Carbon Rod

I have two intel ssds.

120gb in my old core 2 duo laptop and a 300gb in my almighty desktop.

I used to have WD raptors in raid 0 and either SSD alone puts them to shame performance wise - also a hell of a lot quieter.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:36 AM   #987
Rapture_Rising

What do people here think about the Ouya project?, A $99 home console, powered by Android.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...o-game-console

I have pledged $120 because i can see potential in it not just for games but as an open sourced multimedia device.

But i am seriously nervous that this is just an over ambitious project that as a serious possibility might not even see the light of day.
Last edited by Rapture_Rising; 07-14-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #988
8IronBob

Well, you had the Dreamcast powered by Microsoft's mobile platform, so having an open-sourced mobile platform like Android powering this, well, I just better hope this will be more successful than the Dreamcast, but that's highly doubtful.
PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, EVGA 2GB GTX 680, Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600, 160GB X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, 8x LG Blu-ray burner, 3D Vision 2 Kit/3DTV Play, Toshiba TL32515U, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, DAS Pro K/B, Logitech MX518 Mouse, Win 7 Pro x64, Wacom Bamboo Fun Tablet.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #989
ZuljinRaynor

So why did that one get funded but this one didn't? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nsole?ref=live

Also, that Ouya console has crappy specs and lol, as if I want to play my Android games on a TV.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #990
8IronBob

Not sure if anyone got in on the Source Filmmaker deal that Valve's got through Steam, but I'm pretty sure that using this in conjunction with a few rounds of CS: Source, I might be able to put together one hell of a war movie. Should be quite fun.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #991
Inanimate Carbon Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuljinRaynor View Post
So why did that one get funded but this one didn't? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nsole?ref=live

Also, that Ouya console has crappy specs and lol, as if I want to play my Android games on a TV.
Yeah - it seems pretty stupid.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #992
Kit

Just been looking at the Gearbox forum. How many 3DR vets post on there now?
Old 07-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #993
8IronBob

I dunno, I think those forums still get too much out of hand in a hurry. Too many "fanboys" and "noobs" on there. Just didn't care for all that kind of stuff. Although the Gearbox forums are nowhere near as bad as the Steam forums are, I can tell you that, but still, just too many of the crowds that'll make the forum experience, well, not up to par, to put it nicely.

I haven't visited Duke4.net's forums in a while, either. Those should be more worth visiting. I'm wondering how many old 3DR folks are still there at those forums. I'm going to have to get back in the mapping and modding game for Duke3D, too, been too long with doing anything with that. Might be a bit rusty with that, but... I'm sure that it'll be worth getting back into.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #994
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8IronBob View Post
I dunno, I think those forums still get too much out of hand in a hurry. Too many "fanboys" and "noobs" on there. Just didn't care for all that kind of stuff. Although the Gearbox forums are nowhere near as bad as the Steam forums are, I can tell you that, but still, just too many of the crowds that'll make the forum experience, well, not up to par, to put it nicely.
Yes, I did notice a bit of that over there. Didn't see many 3DR vets except for Damien.

I'd like to see George announce something (anything) just to spring a bit of life back into this place.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #995
Waiter

I think the point is for me that I tend to discuss games on their respective forums while playing them, and when I move on to new games I lose interest in the discussions and move forums as well. This place has been different since the long waiting for DNF and lack of anything about that game to actually discuss created a community (or actually several) with discussions about everything from other games to general everyday chatter.

The only times I've tried the Steam forums have been directly Steam trouble shooting, and I can't say that I got a warm and cosy feeling from the discussions... and my posting at Gearbox died very quickly after DNF was released.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #996
Inanimate Carbon Rod

A lot of people left after 3dr shutdown because they were afraid that the website/forums would also shut down.

I post at a couple of places: here, a toyota forum, a jeep forum, and on a few parts (a sub reddit - ex frugal, DIY, etc) of reddit.com.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #997
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Yes.
Had the community simply held out and waited, the forums would probably still behave much like they did before.
As the majority of the normal users around here didn't just follow the DNF section. They filled up the General Gaming and Media ones, and general discussion...
But, in 2009 when everything happened, nobody knew for sure if the 3DR forums would survive... or for even how long.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #998
8IronBob

Yeah, I've been hanging out at 3D Buzz for programming and 3D modeling training as well as in their forums for a long time, and I've been around at other gaming-related forums in the course of the last couple of years, mainly Unreal/UT related, and with the Saints Row Community from time to time. So I've been around, and I still do believe that the Duke Nukem franchise will rebuild and become what it was back in the '90s all over again in time, but... It might be a while for respect from the masses will come back here at 3DR's forums, but I have faith it will be sooner than later.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #999
Kit

I only really post on here and an import forum. I thought about posting at the Gearbox forum but from what Ironbob says it's not worth the hassle.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #1000
Rellik66

So here it is, post 1000.

It's taken a little over 2 1/2 years to get here.

And to think that in 3DRF's heydey, the post thread would reach 1000 in less than few months.
Rellik66 is offline   Reply With Quote