Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
Rat Nukem

Rat Nukem's Avatar
Thumbs up More Achievements XBL
Hello, wow its been a few years since ive been in these forums! lol
Anyway i would just like to say as a fan that i would'nt mind seeing more achievements for Duke Nukem 3d XBL as the achievements at the moment were pretty easy to get, im not complaining and im sure you do have a lot better things to do like getting DNF released *hint*hint* lol but as a gamer and a duke Fan i was hoping for more challenging achievements to show off.
If i may pass on some suggestions perhaps like:
100 kills with a pistol = 10G
100 kills with a shotgun = 10G
100 kills with a chaingun = 10G
or more campaign achievements like defeat the Stadium boss on hardest difficulty, Kill every alien in every level?...

...i think we can see where im going with this lol. Anyway i really dont want sound like a n00b and start telling 3drealms that they should do this this way and that that way because i already except that they may never bring out more achievements for the game. I just want to pass on my thoughts... thats all really.
Anyway i will let you get back to your developing and would just like to finish by saying "thank you so much for bringing Duke3d to the Xbox, After i saw Doom released i knew Duke would follow at some point... and he did .
Hope the yr brings good sales and will speak soon.
Take care!

p.s.
Love the new wallpaper....Graphics look amazing!
__________________
Its time to kick arse and nibble cheese!!
Rat Nukem is offline  
Old 01-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Steve

Steve's Avatar
Red face Re: More Achievements XBL
You say the 3D Realms achievements are too easy? The ones you suggested are also too easy They put in easy achievements as microsoft require a few easy ones for people to get.


There will be no new achievements added, etc, etc
Steve is offline  
Old 01-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Rat Nukem

Rat Nukem's Avatar
Re: More Achievements XBL
yes the achievements were too easy, and the ones i suggested would probably be easy as well but wouldnt adding more achievements up the game more on most played games?
Duke Nukem was in the number 10 top played games which is impressively successful for such an old game... why not add a few more achievements to keep it up there?

well its not my place to decide... lets see what the rest fans think.
__________________
Its time to kick arse and nibble cheese!!
Rat Nukem is offline  
Old 01-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
vincentdante

vincentdante's Avatar
Re: More Achievements XBL
I don't think microsoft allow more than 12 = 200 GS for XBLA games. However I would like to see some of the expansions like Duke DC for DLC
vincentdante is offline  
Old 01-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
Steve

Steve's Avatar
Re: More Achievements XBL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Nukem View Post
yes the achievements were too easy, and the ones i suggested would probably be easy as well but wouldnt adding more achievements up the game more on most played games?
Duke Nukem was in the number 10 top played games which is impressively successful for such an old game... why not add a few more achievements to keep it up there?

well its not my place to decide... lets see what the rest fans think.
Microsoft will not allow more achievements unless there is an expansion pack.
Steve is offline  
Old 01-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
Rat Nukem

Rat Nukem's Avatar
Re: More Achievements XBL
lol oh... i didnt know that.
Still... will be looking forward to Duke it out in DC, Duke1 and 2 as a expansion pack if they decide to. Wouldnt surprise me if they did
but cheers for letting me know!
__________________
Its time to kick arse and nibble cheese!!
Rat Nukem is offline  
Old 01-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #7
Steve

Steve's Avatar
Re: More Achievements XBL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Nukem View Post
Still... will be looking forward to Duke it out in DC, Duke1 and 2 as a expansion pack if they decide to. Wouldnt surprise me if they did
Man, it WOULD surprise me if they did that
Steve is offline  
Old 01-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #8
alexgk

alexgk's Avatar
Re: More Achievements XBL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Man, it WOULD surprise me if they did that
Ditto. VERY unlikely...
__________________
Playable demo this year! Confirmed!!
alexgk is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 04:13 AM   #9
Dysitis

Dysitis's Avatar
Re: More Achievements XBL
Ugh, more achievements for duke match kills would suck. But that's because personally, I'm not too crazy about duke match. Some more campaign related achievements, would be very cool though, so long as they're actually difficult. The achievements in this game were too easy. Ideally they would release some more levels for DLC and give them harder achievements like beat them all on damn i'm good, or beat the par time/3d realms time on every level, or beat every level without dying or rewinding. Though it's probably more likely that xbox live will become free and I'll get struck by lightning simultaneously.
Dysitis is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #10
Memphis
Re: More Achievements XBL
Yep, we'll never get new achievements but i'll use this thread to rant; the achievements were way too easy, both single and MP. I would have personally wanted some tougher MP ones. "Attain TrueSkill rating of 30+" "Attain top 10 (1) on the leaderboards" for example. I can understand having a few easy ones for the casual gamers, but what about the more hardcore? Mix it up, baby!

GT: ImmortalI
Memphis is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #11
Dysitis

Dysitis's Avatar
Re: More Achievements XBL
What?!? No, no, no leaderboard achievements are awful. First of all, they are extremely unfair. You shouldn't have to be one of the best in the world to get all the achievements. Good? yes. But best in the world? Come on... And secondly, that would ruin the leaderboards. You'd have tons of people boosting kills trying to get the achievement and chances are only a few people in the top 50 would be legit. I'm glad you weren't in charge of the achievements Memphis
Dysitis is offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #12
Stevey Boy

Stevey Boy's Avatar
Re: More Achievements XBL
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentdante View Post
I don't think microsoft allow more than 12 = 200 GS for XBLA games. However I would like to see some of the expansions like Duke DC for DLC
Pinball FX has 15 achievements for 250 points, however that is due to more tables being available, so maybe theyd have to add more game content to be allowed more achievements
Stevey Boy is offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #13
Memphis
Re: More Achievements XBL
Yeah i know i'm a bit biased because i know i could get the MP ones :P

But honestly, why should achievements be obtainable by all? Then what's the point? Why not just give everyone 200 points just for loading up the game right from the start?

And this is coming from an achievement whore! (I have over 100k GS, i'm embarassed to admit..)

Top 20 is obtainable with very little skill (but enough to make it an "achievement", as well as getting a Trueskill of say 25+. People can't just boost Trueskill at least.
Memphis is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 05:47 PM   #14
Rat Nukem

Rat Nukem's Avatar
Re: More Achievements XBL
Quote:
Ugh, more achievements for duke match kills would suck. But that's because personally, I'm not too crazy about duke match.
But unlike me i found Dukematch very fun to play, especially when equipped with an RPG or Devastator and flying round wiv a Jetpack raining hell down on everyone else, and perhaps the achievements i mentioned at the beginning are easy, but the point i was trying to make was that it would keep me (and others ) playing the game unlike where i pretty much got all 500 kills in two afternoons after work then started playing a different game because i wanted to get those achievements instead. besides most games have get a 100 kill with each weapon achievements and in Duke 3d... well theres 10 weapons give 10G to all ten weapons and get 1000kills for 50G and thats an extra 150 gamerscore to get. Maybe easy to you and hard for others but at the end of the day everyone can get them and there would be more people playing duke which in turn more people would buy the game on arcade and which makes abit more money for microsoft and 3drealms considering how many Duke Fans there are out there? and theres a lot of fans!
However on whole leader board achievements i would go against because i dont really see much point when seeing your name high up on the leader board is an achievement as it is.
__________________
Its time to kick arse and nibble cheese!!
Rat Nukem is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #15
MrAdidaking

MrAdidaking's Avatar
Re: More Achievements XBL
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentdante View Post
I don't think microsoft allow more than 12 = 200 GS for XBLA games. However I would like to see some of the expansions like Duke DC for DLC
THIS


I love Duke it out in DC.... its my all time favorite add on for a game.
MrAdidaking is offline  
Old 02-04-2009, 12:50 PM   #16
Memphis
Re: More Achievements XBL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Nukem View Post
But unlike me i found Dukematch very fun to play, especially when equipped with an RPG or Devastator and flying round wiv a Jetpack raining hell down on everyone else, and perhaps the achievements i mentioned at the beginning are easy, but the point i was trying to make was that it would keep me (and others ) playing the game unlike where i pretty much got all 500 kills in two afternoons after work then started playing a different game because i wanted to get those achievements instead. besides most games have get a 100 kill with each weapon achievements and in Duke 3d... well theres 10 weapons give 10G to all ten weapons and get 1000kills for 50G and thats an extra 150 gamerscore to get. Maybe easy to you and hard for others but at the end of the day everyone can get them and there would be more people playing duke which in turn more people would buy the game on arcade and which makes abit more money for microsoft and 3drealms considering how many Duke Fans there are out there? and theres a lot of fans!
However on whole leader board achievements i would go against because i dont really see much point when seeing your name high up on the leader board is an achievement as it is.
Smart kid. Agree with everything he said.
Memphis is offline  
Old 02-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #17
Dysitis

Dysitis's Avatar
Re: More Achievements XBL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
Yeah i know i'm a bit biased because i know i could get the MP ones :P

But honestly, why should achievements be obtainable by all? Then what's the point? Why not just give everyone 200 points just for loading up the game right from the start?

And this is coming from an achievement whore! (I have over 100k GS, i'm embarassed to admit..)

Top 20 is obtainable with very little skill (but enough to make it an "achievement", as well as getting a Trueskill of say 25+. People can't just boost Trueskill at least.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for difficult achievements, it's just that leaderboard achievements are unfair imo. Like Rat said, having your name posted up on the leaderboard for everyone to see is an achievement in itself. There's no need to put it on the official achievement list.

In general though, I just don't like the idea of multiplayer related achievements. They're almost always based either on luck or how long you've played the game. Rarely are they based on skill. And when they are based on skill(and also luck) it just makes people boost for them, which can ruin multiplayer. I prefer multiplayer with in-game unlockables. People are less inclined to boost for those than if they're getting more gamerscore, and you're still being rewarded for accomplishing things in multiplayer.
Dysitis is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #18
smokeemifyougotem
Re: More Achievements XBL
i wish there was a Trueskill Achievement or even more IMO i think if you got 30+ it should be Dukes Sidekick then if you get 40 Legit it should be Immortal's Sidekick. and Shotgun and RPG Achievements like if you got 30k shotgun kills then it should called The ''Immortalizer''. And for the speedrunners you can always be like this Finish All Levels on Damn I'm Good Finding All Secrets In 30 seconds or less should be called ''Dysitis Sidekick''.
smokeemifyougotem is offline  
Old 04-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #19
MrBlackCat

MrBlackCat's Avatar
Re: More Achievements XBL
CooL! You bumped a thread that was over three years old.

I don't have an XBox 360, so I never got to play this... but I always read about it as I liked to see the "new guys" get into it, and also see the people who played Duke Nukem 3D previously talk about what it was like to re-play it.

MrBlackCat
__________________
YES! I do wear my Duke Xtreme t-shirt every day!* :)

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
MrBlackCat is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.14228296 seconds (100.00% PHP - 0% MySQL) with 17 queries

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Website is 1987-2014 Apogee Software, Ltd.
Ideas and messages posted here become property of Apogee Software Ltd.