Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem Forever
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2005, 01:13 AM   #1
Airtraffic

Airtraffic's Avatar
Question for Joe or George
I think it safe to assume the office is playing deathmatches from time to time (development purposes only of course)

So who's the best in the Office? old farts or the new kids?

My moneys on Joe,for some reason i think he's an intense gamer
__________________
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein
Airtraffic is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 02:04 AM   #2
Micki!

Micki!'s Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Weird thread idea...
Anyways..! My guess is Charlie Wiederhold... Don't kow why... He just looks like a gamertype dude..!
__________________
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
Micki! is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 02:10 AM   #3
Kalki

Kalki's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Not if they have vehicles in multiplayer. Charlie might suffer in that respect...
__________________
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Kalki is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 02:11 AM   #4
Micki!

Micki!'s Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
Kalki said:
Not if they have vehicles in multiplayer. Charlie might suffer in that respect...
Hehe..!
__________________
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
Micki! is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 02:44 AM   #5
Kristian Joensen

Kristian Joensen's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Allen Blum. He has been there for atleast 13 years that means he has been a gamer for atleast as long, very likely longer, much longer.

Plus he is the lead level designer(I think) that could help him seeing as he probably knows the levels in and out. But ofcourse Scott has been a gamer since what around , what 1975 ?

Keith Schuler is also a level designer and has also been there for a long time.

George is the project leader and an avid gamer, he to could be a safe bet.
Kristian Joensen is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 03:41 AM   #6
Micki!

Micki!'s Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
Kristian Joensen said:
Keith Schuler is also a level designer and has also been there for a long time.

Yeah, Kieth..! I forgot about him..!
I think he would have a good chance..!
__________________
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
Micki! is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 03:45 AM   #7
Kalki

Kalki's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
George has answered this once before I'm sure. He said somebody "came out ahead" in a then-recent DM match he used as an instance. Wish I could remember who it was.
__________________
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Kalki is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 04:05 AM   #8
hell-angel
 

hell-angel's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
I doubt it's Joe because he has recently said that he does not know much about DNF because he is to busy with other things (i.e. the forums, network, etc.)

Quote:
Kalki said:
Not if they have vehicles in multiplayer. Charlie might suffer in that respect...
LOL.
hell-angel is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 04:07 AM   #9
FireFly

FireFly's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
Kalki said:
George has answered this once before I'm sure. He said somebody "came out ahead" in a then-recent DM match he used as an instance. Wish I could remember who it was.
I remember. Matt Wood.
__________________
"I think the push for people to innovate in gameplay - i'm not sure that I particularly agree with it"

John Carmack
FireFly is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 04:27 AM   #10
Micki!

Micki!'s Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
FireFly said:
Quote:
Kalki said:
George has answered this once before I'm sure. He said somebody "came out ahead" in a then-recent DM match he used as an instance. Wish I could remember who it was.
I remember. Matt Wood.
I don't remember him..!
__________________
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
Micki! is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 04:31 AM   #11
Kristian Joensen

Kristian Joensen's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
He left to work as level designer on HL2.
Kristian Joensen is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 04:32 AM   #12
Micki!

Micki!'s Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
Kristian Joensen said:
He left to work as level designer on HL2.
Oh, what a shame..!

Btw, Kristian... Your PM inbox is full..!
__________________
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
Micki! is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 04:35 AM   #13
Kristian Joensen

Kristian Joensen's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Not anymore.
Kristian Joensen is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 04:49 AM   #14
MadMac
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
Kristian Joensen said:
He left to work on a game that actually got finished.
fixed
MadMac is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 05:05 AM   #15
Kalki

Kalki's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
FireFly said:
Quote:
Kalki said:
George has answered this once before I'm sure. He said somebody "came out ahead" in a then-recent DM match he used as an instance. Wish I could remember who it was.
I remember. Matt Wood.
You're Winner!

It's news to me that he worked for Valve.
__________________
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Kalki is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 05:13 AM   #16
FireFly

FireFly's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
MadMac said:
Quote:
Kristian Joensen said:
He left to work on a game that actually got finished.
fixed
Good job he wasn't assigned to TF2 then, eh?
__________________
"I think the push for people to innovate in gameplay - i'm not sure that I particularly agree with it"

John Carmack
FireFly is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 05:21 AM   #17
Kalki

Kalki's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
lol
__________________
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Kalki is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 05:48 AM   #18
Micki!

Micki!'s Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
FireFly said:
Quote:
MadMac said:
Quote:
Kristian Joensen said:
He left to work on a game that actually got finished.
fixed
Good job he wasn't assigned to TF2 then, eh?
Hahaha..!
__________________
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
Micki! is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 05:49 AM   #19
SyntaxN

SyntaxN's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
Kalki said:
Quote:
FireFly said:
Quote:
Kalki said:
George has answered this once before I'm sure. He said somebody "came out ahead" in a then-recent DM match he used as an instance. Wish I could remember who it was.
I remember. Matt Wood.
You're Winner!

It's news to me that he worked for Valve.
So, was he important or not?
I bet so, he was lead modeler/animator for some time at 3dr
SyntaxN is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 05:53 AM   #20
Kristian Joensen

Kristian Joensen's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
That is probably why he left, he like level design better !!!

That is it. He certainly must have left on amicable terms seeing as he got everyone at 3DR free copies of HL2.
Kristian Joensen is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 06:07 AM   #21
FireFly

FireFly's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
How do you know he got everyone free copies of HL2? I thought it was standard practice for game companies to send each other games for free. For example, I know Remedy sent everyone at Valve a copy of Max Payne 2.

Do you think he's as good as the other Matt Wood?
__________________
"I think the push for people to innovate in gameplay - i'm not sure that I particularly agree with it"

John Carmack
FireFly is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 06:25 AM   #22
Kristian Joensen

Kristian Joensen's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
"How do you know he got everyone free copies of HL2?" Joe said everyone got free copies of HL2 because they knew someone over there.

I might be standard practice, but that doesn't mean that they will send them to just any company.
Kristian Joensen is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 06:25 AM   #23
Kristian Joensen

Kristian Joensen's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
"How do you know he got everyone free copies of HL2?" Joe said everyone got free copies of HL2 because they knew someone over there.

I might be standard practice, but that doesn't mean that they will send them to just any company.

Btw, Matt Wood tested MP2, so it is probably the same connection.
Kristian Joensen is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 06:28 AM   #24
FireFly

FireFly's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
No, but I'm just saying we don't know the complete reasons behind the decision.
__________________
"I think the push for people to innovate in gameplay - i'm not sure that I particularly agree with it"

John Carmack
FireFly is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 07:29 AM   #25
Kristian Joensen

Kristian Joensen's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Ofcourse not, I am not claiming that. I just think my theory is likely, very likely even.
Kristian Joensen is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 09:29 AM   #26
Mr.Sociopath
 

Mr.Sociopath's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
I bet they get all owned by bots
Mr.Sociopath is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 10:29 AM   #27
Water12356

Water12356's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Allen Blum for the freakin win baby!
__________________
"Psycho Mantis locking your doors, your fridge, shutting off your air conditioner, and clogging your toilet sure beats reading some crap off a memory card."
- Mr. Blud

"Men trade whatever they have for sex and women trade sex for whatever they want. That may be unromantic but theres truth to it."
- Nessus
Water12356 is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 10:55 AM   #28
Micki!

Micki!'s Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Now i have it..!

Scott Miller..! Because he would fire the rest if the let him lose..!
__________________
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
Micki! is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 11:01 AM   #29
Kristian Joensen

Kristian Joensen's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
George could use that strategy too
Kristian Joensen is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 11:18 AM   #30
Micki!

Micki!'s Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
Kristian Joensen said:
George could use that strategy too
True, but isn't Scott the owner of 3DR, while George is only Co-owner..!?
(Even though, i think both are equal to each other in the gaming industry..!)
__________________
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
Micki! is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 11:23 AM   #31
Kristian Joensen

Kristian Joensen's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
There is no distinction there both are co-owners. Beeing a co-owner just means that there is more than one. Fujitsu and Siemens are co-owners or Fujitsu Siemens. In that case they each own 50% of the company.
Kristian Joensen is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 11:41 AM   #32
SyntaxN

SyntaxN's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
My bet goes for a programmer who knows some little commands ( ) or for a level designer who created some secrets on the maps for the 3dr matches (A Bungie level designer did that....he created a room (behind a wall which wasn´t a wall) with all the weapons, extras etc... )
Would be interesting to know which version of Dukematch they developed for DNF was most fun...
SyntaxN is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 01:21 PM   #33
Micki!

Micki!'s Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
Kristian Joensen said:
There is no distinction there both are co-owners. Beeing a co-owner just means that there is more than one. Fujitsu and Siemens are co-owners or Fujitsu Siemens. In that case they each own 50% of the company.
Oh, i thought a co-owner was like a vice-president..!
I can already imagine them threatening each other with a lower payment..!
---
George: "Hey Scott..! If you detonate those pipebombs, i'm gonna cut off 25% of you payment..!"

Scott: "Oh yeah, well, if you do that, i'll cut off 50% of YOUR payment..!"

*Kieth frags both with a RPG*

Kieth: "Haha, you guys should have seen when..."

George and Scott: "YOU'RE FIRED!!!"
---
Of course... An event like that is not possible in real life..!

Quote:
SyntaxN said:
My bet goes for a programmer who knows some little commands ( ) or for a level designer who created some secrets on the maps for the 3dr matches (A Bungie level designer did that....he created a room (behind a wall which wasn´t a wall) with all the weapons, extras etc... )
Would be interesting to know which version of Dukematch they developed for DNF was most fun...
"But i wasn't cheating guys... i was just modifying the health a bit..!"
__________________
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
Micki! is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 01:24 PM   #34
JackpotDen

JackpotDen's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
Micki! said:
Quote:
Kristian Joensen said:
He left to work as level designer on HL2.
Oh, what a shame..!

Btw, Kristian... Your PM inbox is full..!
Use PMs for off topic conversations
__________________
Will you pick rifles, or computers?
JackpotDen is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 02:04 PM   #35
ultra tree 85!

ultra tree 85!'s Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
George, Scott, Joe, Charlie, Kieth, and Allen are all great gamers, and It would be interesting if 3D Realms answered this thread. I'm not exactly sure who else works there. Anyone know of the other competitors for this that still work there at 3DRealms?
__________________
Duke Nukem Forever will be released in 2010. The community will realize its dream of playing the greatest game of all time. :)
ultra tree 85! is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 02:05 PM   #36
Micki!

Micki!'s Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
JackpotDen said:
Quote:
Micki! said:
Quote:
Kristian Joensen said:
He left to work as level designer on HL2.
Oh, what a shame..!

Btw, Kristian... Your PM inbox is full..!
Use PMs for off topic conversations
That's kinda a paradox there..!
How should i PM him if his PM inbox was full..? I had to post it somewhere..!
__________________
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
Micki! is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 03:28 PM   #37
laffer
 

laffer's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Yes, you should have put it in a PM and sent it! Is that so hard??
laffer is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 03:34 PM   #38
Micki!

Micki!'s Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
laffer said:
Yes, you should have put it in a PM and sent it! Is that so hard??
But i couldn't because it was full already..!
__________________
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
Micki! is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 03:40 PM   #39
Kristian Joensen

Kristian Joensen's Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
ultra tree 85! said:
George, Scott, Joe, Charlie, Kieth, and Allen are all great gamers, and It would be interesting if 3D Realms answered this thread. I'm not exactly sure who else works there. Anyone know of the other competitors for this that still work there at 3DRealms?
More or less confirmed people working on DNF or at 3DR in general:

Joe Siegler, online support manager, webmaster and forum administartor, not on the DNF team.
George Broussard, project leader and 3DR co-owner.
Scott Miller, co-owner but not on the DNF team.
Steven Blackburn, 3rd in command, not on the DNF team.
Kevin Green, support staff, not on the DNF team.
Bryan Turner, support staff, not on the DNF team.
Allen H. Blum III, lead level designer.
Charlie Wiederhold, level designer.
Stephen Cole, level designer.
Keith Schuler, level designer.
John Anderson, level designer.
David "sledge" Riegel, level designer.
Joe Wampole, enviromental artist(working with the level designers).
Ruben Cabrera, texture artist.
Hayden Duvall, artist.
Kyle Davis, programmer.
Kristian Joensen is offline  
Old 10-27-2005, 03:48 PM   #40
ultra tree 85!

ultra tree 85!'s Avatar
Re: Question for Joe or George
Quote:
Kristian Joensen said:
Quote:
ultra tree 85! said:
George, Scott, Joe, Charlie, Kieth, and Allen are all great gamers, and It would be interesting if 3D Realms answered this thread. I'm not exactly sure who else works there. Anyone know of the other competitors for this that still work there at 3DRealms?
More or less confirmed people working on DNF or at 3DR in general:

Joe Siegler, online support manager, webmaster and forum administartor, not on the DNF team.
George Broussard, project leader and 3DR co-owner.
Scott Miller, co-owner but not on the DNF team.
Steven Blackburn, 3rd in command, not on the DNF team.
Kevin Green, support staff, not on the DNF team.
Bryan Turner, support staff, not on the DNF team.
Allen H. Blum III, lead level designer.
Charlie Wiederhold, level designer.
Stephen Cole, level designer.
Keith Schuler, level designer.
John Anderson, level designer.
David "sledge" Riegel, level designer.
Joe Wampole, enviromental artist(working with the level designers).
Ruben Cabrera, texture artist.
Hayden Duvall, artist.
Kyle Davis, programmer.
I didn't know who many of the people that currently work at 3D Realms were. Thanks a lot!
__________________
Duke Nukem Forever will be released in 2010. The community will realize its dream of playing the greatest game of all time. :)
ultra tree 85! is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:38 AM.

Page generated in 0.18918705 seconds (100.00% PHP - 0% MySQL) with 16 queries

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Website is ©1987-2014 Apogee Software, Ltd.
Ideas and messages posted here become property of Apogee Software Ltd.