Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Modifications
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-26-2006, 04:44 PM   #321
TerminX

Re: Decay - An eDuke32 Total Conversion
Quote:
GodBlitZor said:
Map is very plain.
What makes you think that's an actual map? It's a retextured fragment of a TC I assimilated years ago. They work well enough for screenshots. It will most likely eventually get made into a map, but it isn't one yet. I just liked how the stairs looked.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:54 PM   #322
GodBlitZor

I know its not an actual map. I know you have a high standard of quality. I was just hoping to see a cool map and maybe a zombie.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:20 PM   #323
TerminX

Quote:
GodBlitZor said:
I was just hoping to see a cool map and maybe a zombie.
Hey, if stuff was actually done I'd show it to people. If I'm lucky I'll be able to hack together a couple of decent maps out of the various maps that never made it past 10-15% completion.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #324
Lt.Havoc

Quote:
TerminX said:

Cool, what kind of gun is this? A P90 or a MP7 PDW? I saw it on the earlier pics as well and I still cant get figured out what weapon that is. It has 50 rounds per mag, so it just could be a P90, its the only weapon I know that has so many rounds per mag.

Well, can we get some action screen shots, with shooting and so on, please? Would like to see some of the weapons and effects as well the look of the enemies. I would like to see some of the more heavy weapons. Well, what kind of LMG is in the mod, if any?

BTW: is there any astimated realese date? How far came you guys with making the mod?

"Go ahead, make my Day!" "Dirty" Harry Callahan
Old 01-27-2006, 02:32 PM   #325
GodBlitZor

Quote:
TerminX said:
Quote:
GodBlitZor said:
I was just hoping to see a cool map and maybe a zombie.
Hey, if stuff was actually done I'd show it to people. If I'm lucky I'll be able to hack together a couple of decent maps out of the various maps that never made it past 10-15% completion.
Im working on some stuff. I think after its done all of you people will like it.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:03 PM   #326
jimbob

i`m still working on my map, the layout is pretty much done, then its up to decorating and stuff and eventually replacing the textures with the Decay ones.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:49 AM   #327
Usurper

Quote:
Well, can we get some action screen shots, with shooting and so on, please?
Wasn't there a vid at one point?
Old 01-28-2006, 03:55 AM   #328
Blade Nightflame

Quote:
Usurper said:
Quote:
Well, can we get some action screen shots, with shooting and so on, please?
Wasn't there a vid at one point?
Yep, there was. I still remember it, he still had that gun, I believe, and had some sort of a detection system in there. Using Hollywood Holocaust as it's testing level.

Old 01-28-2006, 04:55 AM   #329
Lt.Havoc

Yeah, I still have it. They showed that you can still shoot at the dead bodies and that blood will spary wehn you do so and such. Hmm....a teaser trailer or something would be cool .

Old 01-28-2006, 05:58 AM   #330
DavoX

Quote:
Lt.Havoc said:
Yeah, I still have it. They showed that you can still shoot at the dead bodies and that blood will spary wehn you do so and such. Hmm....a teaser trailer or something would be cool .
A teaser now? TerminX said : "Hey, if stuff was actually done I'd show it to people"
So i dont think a trailer is anywhere near .

I really hope TerminX is making the codeing for the TC before the mappers make their levels, so they know all the features beforehand.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:30 PM   #331
GodBlitZor

He is. He has to be doing something.
Anyways, that teaser trailer was a Project X trailer. Im sure all the effects you saw were carried over into Decay.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:49 PM   #332
TerminX

Quote:
GodBlitZor said:
He is. He has to be doing something.
Anyways, that teaser trailer was a Project X trailer. Im sure all the effects you saw were carried over into Decay.
Apparently you don't get it... nothing was "carried over into Decay" because Decay was really just a few Duke3D 1.5 level CON hacks, some sprites from an old Doom mod about zombies and a couple of maps. I kept the maps and dumped pretty much everything else except for a few sound effects.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:38 PM   #333
Lt.Havoc

Hmm.......that means that the mod is far from done. What do you guys need, more mapper, coder, skinner or modler? I know some folks that are into modding, they make stufffor Half-Life, I´ll ask around if they are intrested in joining the mod. I cant say if they will get into it, but I try my best.

Old 01-28-2006, 03:16 PM   #334
GodBlitZor

erh...why would he need help from guys who mod for HL?
Old 01-28-2006, 03:29 PM   #335
Lt.Havoc

Well, they arent dump, they can learn to mod for other games as well. I mean, wehn you can do stuff for HL1 and HL2 then as well as any other game like UT04 and Doom3 then it wouldnt be that hard to mod with the source code of DN3D. Most of them began making mods with DN3D, got to Quake, then to HL1 and so on.

Hell, any modern game is a pain in the ass to code and mod without SDK, so I dont see any problem in modding for something that is more simpel and easy to use then Duke 3D.

Old 01-28-2006, 03:45 PM   #336
TerminX

Quote:
Lt.Havoc said:
Hmm.......that means that the mod is far from done. What do you guys need, more mapper, coder, skinner or modler? I know some folks that are into modding, they make stufffor Half-Life, I´ll ask around if they are intrested in joining the mod. I cant say if they will get into it, but I try my best.
Of course it's far from done; I didn't take it over until half way through last year, and when I did I inherited almost no usable assets from the project (realistically, I got 2 maps at most). I could use mappers, skinners and modelers... specifically, I need a lot of prop models in md3 format.

Quote:
GodBlitZor said:
erh...why would he need help from guys who mod for HL?
Because somebody has to sit around making and skinning models for the TC? You make some seriously nonsensical posts... why wouldn't an unfinished TC need help?
Old 01-28-2006, 05:16 PM   #337
GodBlitZor

Of course it would. But HL has a whole different model format. Which is one of the things you need the most from what I gather.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:39 PM   #338
TerminX

Quote:
GodBlitZor said:
Of course it would. But HL has a whole different model format.
What exactly is your point?
Old 01-28-2006, 06:52 PM   #339
DavoX

TerminX, you know im IN if you want a mapper, would you like to wait till i finish my map or do you want to see what i got so far?

Also if you want me to complete the unfinished maps you got i could do it with no problem.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:59 PM   #340
TerminX

E-mail me what you have so far and I'll decide whether you're in or not at that point. The major deciding factor in me accepting help is a simple question I ask myself -- "would I be willing to put my name on this and have it associated with me?"
Old 01-29-2006, 06:23 AM   #341
Lt.Havoc

Well, I have to suggest something that may help this mod. Projectecay is a relative unknown mod, thus there is only a small team working at it, My idea would be, to get more publicity, so more people get knowlaedge of the mod. As more people know about the mod, more people will get intrested and thus modder may want to join the mod.

I think it would be good, to create an account at the Mod Database, post in thier forums about the mod, or make posts at PlanateDuke and other places as well. A Decay website would help there out too. You could post help requests and say that the mod still needs modder and so on.

A other idea, would be to mail certain people directly and aks them. Many modders and mapper worked at mods and TCs that never got done and are inactive, so they might be willing to join this mod. Most of the time, they post thier mails in the rreadmes and so on. Some expale would be the mapper that mde the Maps Red1-3. Red 3 is a totally spooky map and if you would add Zombies to it, you would have a Decay map. He could be a great addition to the mod team.

I´m on one guy, and I dont know so many people to bring up a whole mod team, but I can ask around. I know certain Zombie mods, and I could ask around if some of them would be willing to help.

This is just and idea. Hope it helps.

Old 01-29-2006, 08:05 PM   #342
DavoX

TerminX i sent you an email but im not sure if thats the right one, i sent it to the address that you have in this forum , a gmail account, but in parkar's HRP readme file you have another account, i was wondering if i sent it to the right one.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #343
TerminX

I got it, but I think I'm going to need to see it again when you consider it finished. You have a few good sprite constructions but your map has a real lack of shading and detail, making much of it look somewhat unrealistic. Maybe if you stuck to general construction and somebody else was to polish it up...
Old 01-29-2006, 10:21 PM   #344
DavoX

Quote:
TerminX said:
I got it, but I think I'm going to need to see it again when you consider it finished. You have a few good sprite constructions but your map has a real lack of shading and detail, making much of it look somewhat unrealistic. Maybe if you stuck to general construction and somebody else was to polish it up...
I understand.

On a sidenote the last snapshot has a HUGE problem, after a long time of mapping i realized something, you cant save the maps, it says that its saving but when i went to load the map it wasnt there, i tried to save again with different filename and it wasnt there, needless to say i lost all i did in that time and the autosave file got overwrited of course, because when i started mapping again in another location i didnt realize that the last changes i did weren't there.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:36 PM   #345
TerminX

Quote:
DavoX said:
On a sidenote the last snapshot has a HUGE problem, after a long time of mapping i realized something, you cant save the maps, it says that its saving but when i went to load the map it wasnt there, i tried to save again with different filename and it wasnt there, needless to say i lost all i did in that time and the autosave file got overwrited of course, because when i started mapping again in another location i didnt realize that the last changes i did weren't there.
Somebody mentioned that the other day but I was only able to reproduce it once before it just started working again. The strange thing is that it didn't have any problems writing out the backup.map file even when it failed to save to the actual map.

Edit: just figured out the conditions in which this happens and reported it to JonoF. It stems from a change in the way the engine handles file access. It looks like it's saving them in the root of the volume you have Mapster32 and the map on, but only if you open them from inside the editor. Opening them by clicking them in, say, Windows Explorer is fine.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:47 PM   #346
TerminX

Hudson asked me to put this thread back after it was removed earlier; he'll explain later.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:22 PM   #347
Lt.Havoc

Now I´m really confused. Ah, well, I´ll wait and see what Houdson have to say.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:32 PM   #348
Hudson

I have had a very bad series of events in my life which I won't get into, however me and TerminX have talked and Project: Decay will live on.

I will post more tomorrow.
[INSERT SYSTEM SPECS THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT HERE]
Old 02-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #349
Hudson

To make a long story short, me and TerminX had a long talk last night about the development of Project: Decay and the project will continue immediately without delay.

I have sent several zombie models, skins, and sounds to TerminX and am awaiting his approval.

If you are interested in helping, we are in need of mappers and texture artists (any other positions needed will be posted by TerminX).

Sorry again for the "Internet drama", my life has taken a drastic turn lately (both for the good, and the bad). But it will never again effect the progress of the mod.

...now just to find a hi-res chainsaw
Old 02-01-2006, 11:49 AM   #350
DavoX

Quote:
Hudson said:
To make a long story short, me and TerminX had a long talk last night about the development of Project: Decay and the project will continue immediately without delay.

I have sent several zombie models, skins, and sounds to TerminX and am awaiting his approval.

If you are interested in helping, we are in need of mappers and texture artists (any other positions needed will be posted by TerminX).

Sorry again for the "Internet drama", my life has taken a drastic turn lately (both for the good, and the bad). But it will never again effect the progress of the mod.

...now just to find a hi-res chainsaw

Yeah!! i would love to help but i'll have to finish my map first to see if TerminX likes it, which i dont think will happen because my map wasnt intented for realism from the very first room, i guess i'll have to make yet another map to see what happens
Old 02-01-2006, 12:12 PM   #351
Hudson

I think he just wants to observe your mapping quality, but I could be wrong.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #352
Quakis

Quote:
we are in need of mappers and texture artists
I'm already a mapper for the project, but I'm also trying to improve my skills to make textures too so this might come in handy for P
Old 02-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #353
DavoX

Remember TerminX , its not about great design, its about "Conceptual Grandness"
Old 02-03-2006, 07:34 AM   #354
Lt.Havoc

Well, I already posted my suggestion how to get more modder intrested into the mod, but guess that was overlooked or something. The only modder I know, work with HL and HL2 and thats a lot diffrent then the Duke Source. Expect from ideas, sounds and suggestions, I cant be really helpful I guess. I could only write the bg story, but I´m still occupied with writing the story for Duke Through the Planets.

Old 02-05-2006, 06:28 AM   #355
Lt.Havoc

Well, is everything ok? Suddenly the whole topic died down. What is the current status, what is currently been made? Are there any problems?

Old 02-05-2006, 06:47 AM   #356
Quakis

A project thread doesn't need to be updated every single hour...
Old 02-05-2006, 08:28 AM   #357
jimbob

so to whom do i send my map now? hudson or TerminX ?
Old 02-05-2006, 10:21 AM   #358
Blade Nightflame

Quote:
Lt.Havoc said:
Well, is everything ok? Suddenly the whole topic died down. What is the current status, what is currently been made? Are there any problems?
You don't NEED to ask questions every single minute! Give them a #$%!ing break!

Old 02-05-2006, 10:30 AM   #359
DavoX

Quote:
Lt.Havoc said:
Its ok to ask every once and then but sometimes is better to just cool down, im excited about this project too and i'd love to see it finished but thats not reason for me to ask every 2 minutes, also terminx and hudson probably have many things to do in their life, not just this TC.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:33 AM   #360
TerminX

Quote:
jimbob said:
so to whom do i send my map now? hudson or TerminX ?
To me.