Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Popular Media Forum
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2006, 04:23 PM   #1
Duke Rocks

SAW 3, anyone?
I can't believe that there hasn't been a topic dedicated to this movie yet, as there should be.

Has anyone seen it? I SAW(lol get it? ) it opening day-the first movie I have EVER seen opening day; I wanted to see it *THAT* badly.

Anyways, I thought it was pretty much the only series of movies where they actually get BETTER in each installment of the trilogy-and the original SAW was pretty damn good in its own right.

Anyone agree?
Old 11-09-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
thefly

Re: SAW 3, anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Rocks View Post

Anyone agree?

No, not at all. I thought the first movie was total crap. Pretty much MST3K material. However, I do salute the creators/producers for making an assload of money off of a contrived franchise.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:47 PM   #3
Mr. Milton

I liked the first Saw and thought the next one failed to continue in the same vein. There was much blood and screams, but the plot did not make much sense in terms of the motives of the killings... The ending was nice though.
I saw nr3 the day before yesterday, but fell in and out of sleep throughout the movie. But from what I saw it felt forced and not very plausable. Even less so than the previous ones.
"Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple.." - Luke 14:25-26
Old 11-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #4
Opus131

The first Saw was arguably one of the worst movies i ever seen, nearly on a level with Uwe Boll. The ending alone was so atrocious i nearly lost my mental sanity just as my childhood memories of Cary Elwes were brutally murdered before my eyes. I had to sexually assault my copy of Seven to regain any will to live.

I cannot even begin to understand why this pile of dog shit developed a cult following.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:01 PM   #5
Hudson

I liked the first SAW, it was refreshing in a world of hollywoodized garbage.

It's definitely not in any category like Seven, however it was good.
[INSERT SYSTEM SPECS THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT HERE]
Old 11-09-2006, 05:37 PM   #6
Marty

i thought the ending in this one went too far. it was like a game within a game within a game within a game.
i did like, however, how he explained that he took an injection to slow his heart rate down for the 1st movie. probably after lots of people were bitching "ZOMG HOW DID HE LIE THERE AND NOT SEE HIM BREATH!! LOL"
Old 11-09-2006, 06:11 PM   #7
Paroxysm

Saw is a fun horror franchise that actually tries something different with each installment so far. Yes it's b-grade trash but that's all it was ever trying to be. Only modern series that I see continuing and gettign into culture like Friday the 13th, Elm Street, etc.

this is what i think of you ^&%&%^*@#^%*@#%^#@^& - dukeonly
Old 11-09-2006, 07:06 PM   #8
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

I liked the first one, found it to be a lot of fun and great original direction when everyone else is doing remakes or Japanese style horror.

Saw 2 was okay... in some parts, it didn't reach the same level of goodness that Saw had but was okay. I enjoyed it more than I did the remake of AmityVille Horror.

Haven't seen the third one, it will be a rental if anything.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 11-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #9
Dan the Man

Saw: pretty good - tense, claustrophobic, really good plot twists;
Saw II: not bad - good plot twists again, too much 'MTV editing' left me with a headache though;
Saw III: disappointing - the 'game' was dubious in terms of motives/planning/execution, no good plot twists to write home about.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:29 PM   #10
Grande 3:16

Goofy Re: SAW 3, anyone?
Didn't see the first two, and I'm not starting now.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #11
Yenji

I loved SAW 1 right up until the ending... which I thought was complete and utter shit. I actually stood up in the theater and said 'bullshit!' when it ended. Ruined the entire movie for me.

Saw 2 was just plain bad. This time around I hated the entire plot AND the ending.

I have no interest in saw 3
Old 11-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #12
wayskobfssae

I've only seen the 1st one, which I enjoyed. There were enough moments that freaked me out that it was worth the money as a horror flick. I haven't seen 2 or 3, but I can't fathom either of them being as good because you already know what to expect.

Btw... in case nobody's ever seen this before, here's the original short film. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyzRVagKI3Q
Old 11-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #13
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenji View Post
I loved SAW 1 right up until the ending... which I thought was complete and utter shit. I actually stood up in the theater and said 'bullshit!' when it ended. Ruined the entire movie for me.
It's ending was better than the ending of Jeepers Creepers. Now that movie was shit.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 11-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #14
Nacho

Saw one to me was one of those great independent films. Didn't even care about the acting when it went sour.

Second one lost most of the essence of the first but also added some good things to the mix.

Saw 3 mixed the best from the first two and made it more of a good story then an, "oh shit" twist fest. Saw 3 is currently my favourite.

I do really want the series to keep going yet I have no clue how they will now.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:49 AM   #15
SonnyBonds

I liked the previous two Saw movies so I'll definately go see this one despite the bad reviews it has gotten.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:09 AM   #16
Tang Lung

Didn't mind the first one, I thought the acting was crap but then for the kind of film it was it didn't really bother me.

Second one was an extended MTV nu metal music video, which only redeeming feature was that I like Shawnee Smith.

MOON PRINCESS POWER!
Old 11-11-2006, 07:54 AM   #17
motionblur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
It's ending was better than the ending of Jeepers Creepers. Now that movie was shit.
Don't remind me of that. The first 20 minutes started off so good, but then it went
Old 11-11-2006, 11:52 AM   #18
Yenji

Never seen Jeepers Creepers. Maybe I'll make a note not too
Old 11-11-2006, 02:29 PM   #19
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Yeah, avoid it. It started so damn good, I was surprised how bad it went... was really letdown.
Can't believe they made a sequel to it.