Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Popular Media Forum
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
Destroyer
X-men
I just watched X-men The last stand. and it got me all depressed. Though the movie was good. it reminded me of X-men the annimated series and then my childhood, which I miss so much. so I just wanted to revist it by watching X-men the annimated series, anyone know if its avaliable on DVD or anything like that?
Old 11-22-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
Nacho

Re: X-men
It isn't available on DVD and so far will probably never be. It's in kind of a limbo. If I recall Disney has the rights or some company does but isn't releasing them due to conflicting interests and/or issues with a contract.

So unfortunately there is no legal way to get it on DVD. Go buy the VHS versions at a Flea Market.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
Destroyer
VHS would be fine to. I just wanna watch it agian, anything is fine really. but im not sure if I can find a flea market.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #4
Nexus_sa
Quote:
I just watched X-men The last stand. and it got me all depressed.
Me too, but it was because the 3rd installment was butchered :P

It would be nice to get the animated seasons on DVD though....
Old 11-25-2006, 02:37 AM   #5
Destroyer
ya that would be great. but if they brought the series back now that would be even better.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:36 AM   #6
Usurper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus_sa View Post
Me too, but it was because the 3rd installment was butchered :P
I liked X-Men 3 a lot better than Bryan Singer's butchering of Superman Returns. ::shrug::
Old 11-26-2006, 01:55 AM   #7
Destroyer
I personally like all 3 of the x-men movies though they were not on par with the annimated series.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:00 AM   #8
Daveman

The first was alright, the second was great, but the third was just awful.

That's how the Spiderman series is so far...cross your fingers for number three!

Also the old animated show was awesome. I wish there was a DVD or VHS or anything.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:33 AM   #9
Gouldius
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/X-men-the-ani...QQcmdZViewItem

how about this?
Old 11-26-2006, 09:30 PM   #10
Mr.Fibbles

I actually like X3 better than the other 2, though the first was not that great. I expect a 4th one and I look forward to it.
Spoiler:

Maybe it is because I am not so interested in this stuff in that I never read the comics or watched the show (I think I might be a bit too young for it or the wrong generation of TV) that I like these movies. I liked Superman Returns, although I think it could have been better and I am a Kevin Spacey fan if nothing else.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:08 AM   #11
Destroyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveman View Post
The first was alright, the second was great, but the third was just awful.
why was the 3rd one awful?
I liked it better then the first and just as much as the 2nd.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:42 AM   #12
Paroxysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
why was the 3rd one awful?
I liked it better then the first and just as much as the 2nd.
Total lack of character development. Unstructured plot. Pathetic finale(hey someone had a spare dirt backlot! Let's build a scaffold and call it a day). Major plot developments having none to negligable emmotional impact. Plot holes galore. Etc

this is what i think of you ^&%&%^*@#^%*@#%^#@^& - dukeonly
Old 11-27-2006, 02:27 AM   #13
Little Conqueror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
Total lack of character development. Unstructured plot. Pathetic finale(hey someone had a spare dirt backlot! Let's build a scaffold and call it a day). Major plot developments having none to negligable emmotional impact. Plot holes galore. Etc
Exactly. It was nothing but neat fight scenes chained together by a chicken shit plot.

"If you join the good fight, you get 72 domain names when you die." -- Wamplet
Old 11-27-2006, 04:27 AM   #14
Daveman

Which was a shame because the second one was so awesome.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:33 AM   #15
Needle

The sad part is that there weren't any really neat fight scenes either.

It was just plain bad. Instead of one fully developed plot they had three or four rudimentary ones stitched together clumsily. Like Winged Dude, who's only purpose was to be seen prominently in promotion material and on the movie poster. Bah! Even Fantastic 4 had better writing than this.

Oh, and is there anyone on this planet who is not annoyed by Hale Berry? Anyone?
Old 11-27-2006, 06:51 AM   #16
X-Vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle View Post
Oh, and is there anyone on this planet who is not annoyed by Hale Berry? Anyone?
http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/member.php?u=435
Old 11-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #17
Destroyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
I would have to disagree. there was character developement.and I thought there was plenty of emptional impact when Wolverine kills Jean.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:24 PM   #18
Daveman

The reason there's any emotional impact at all there is because of the character development established in the first two movies. The third did nothing to develop any of the characters (except for Mystique) more than the first two movies did.

And what the ****, killing you-know-who that early in the movie? Honestly that just ruined it from the start for me.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:27 PM   #19
thefly

Quote:
And what the ****, killing you-know-who that early in the movie? Honestly that just ruined it from the start for me.
I find it so funny that pretty much no one in the movie cares that he died. Life goes on, I suppose.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #20
Paroxysm

He's dead?!?! Let's go play badminton or something... oh! No! Ice cream! I want Ice cream! Oh look Jean has turned into an uncontrollable force greater than anything else in the universe thank god she's not going to do any thing except stand around while we go have tacos. OH NO I HAD TO KILL HER THIS IS VERY SAD AND I MAY DELAY THAT POKER GAME AS A RESULT.

As daveman said there was nothing in X3. If you felt a substantial relationship between any characters it was because there was one in the previous films.

this is what i think of you ^&%&%^*@#^%*@#%^#@^& - dukeonly
Old 11-28-2006, 12:39 AM   #21
Destroyer
Quote:
killing you-know-who that early in the movie? Honestly that just ruined it from the start for me.
Ya I have to agree with that. X-men is nothing with out that person.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:43 PM   #22
Mr.Fibbles

Well, to be fair, they weren't even sure he was dead until later when Jean told Wolverine who relayed the message after almost going all the way on the table with Jean and then thrown aside because he had to talk not act.
Then there was so much more to deal with because, well, Jean was AWOL and then . . .got split apart and then there was that to deal with. After all that they had that little last stand thing at Alcatraz.
and the "winged dude" is Archangel, a character from the comics.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:25 PM   #23
Little Conqueror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
Ya I have to agree with that. X-men is nothing with out that person.
Spoiler:

I recognize that the movie couldn't be faithful to the comic 100%. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't want it to be. But at the same time, you can't take such a wild divergence from established canon. Fantastic Four may have been a mediocre movie (in my opinion), but I still enjoyed it because it was at least somewhat true to the original, while changing things tastefully rather than haphazardly like X3 did.

There are things you can change in a comic-to-movie adaptation. Villain and hero origins, costumes, the order in which certain events occur, who's involved with what event, etc. But one thing that should NOT be changed is which main characters live and which ones die.

Old 12-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #24
Delicieuxz

All the cartoon eps are available in avi.
Anticipating: GTA V, The Banner Saga, Wasteland 2, Assassin's Creed III, Overgrowth, Star Wars: 1313, Double Fine Adventure, Grim Dawn, Guild Wars 2, Doom 4, MechWarrior Online, Hawken, Far Cry 3, Dishonored, Xenonauts, Baldur's Gate EE
Old 12-01-2006, 11:36 PM   #25
Mr.Sociopath

but wasn't there a cut at the end of the movie that showed that the person whos named shall not be named was still alive in the forest ?
I,ve read that somewhere..my guess is the movie did change the aspect of things but it still goes to the right destination .. still I'm unsure about details since I only followed the x-men partially in other forms than the comic books..
Old 12-02-2006, 04:45 PM   #26
Little Conqueror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sociopath View Post
but wasn't there a cut at the end of the movie that showed that the person whos named shall not be named was still alive in the forest ?
I,ve read that somewhere..my guess is the movie did change the aspect of things but it still goes to the right destination .. still I'm unsure about details since I only followed the x-men partially in other forms than the comic books..
Spoiler:

Old 12-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #27
Assault

I talked to Brett Ratner when I was in the U.S. He seemed like a cool guy, but X-Men 3 really sucked. He's a dude that works very hard to get what he wants, but he's not talented at all. A hard worker with no talent... I think he would make a better producer than a director.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #28
Mr.Sociopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Conqueror View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

though maybe it was fake, or maybe I dreamed all this
Old 12-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #29
Assault

Quote: