Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Popular Media Forum
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-30-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
wayskobfssae

Lame, Tom. Really... lame...
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/24112006/34...-day-song.html

Tom Cruise is reportedly planning to release the Top Gun classic You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' with his new wife, Katie.

The 44-year-old Mission Impossible star serenaded his new bride with the Righteous Brothers' hit on his wedding day last weekend in Bracciano, Italy.

The Daily Star reports that the guests, which included some top music executives, were so impressed with his moving rendition that they gave him a standing ovation - and a chance to record the track as a romantic duet.

The crooner is prepared to take up the offer as long as he can donate all the profits to the Church Of Scientology.

....However music bosses are reluctant to channel the earnings into the controversial religion...

...He [Cruise] said the song is a symbol of their love and Scientology is the basis of their companionship.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:06 PM   #2
Good ol' Scotty

Re: Lame, Tom. Really... lame...
Oh sweet jeebus, so scientology is a worthier cause than any of the 1000's of charities that help people?! Man that just annoys me...
Old 11-30-2006, 03:25 PM   #3
IHerman
Why do you care?

I mean, half of all the famous Hollywood people are nuts, they'd get it on with a buch of sheep as long as it gets them some attention. I say ignore them and get it on with a bunch of sheep.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:29 PM   #4
NutWrench

Tom is a dumb, wackadoo clammie.

Scientology is a scam invented by Hubbard, based on his Navy Intelligence training and on some very simple psychological tricks that have been used by shamans and witch doctors for centuries. That makes Tom a shill, a patsy and a "Mo-Ron"
"If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Old 11-30-2006, 03:31 PM   #5
wayskobfssae

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHerman View Post
Why do you care?

I mean, half of all the famous Hollywood people are nuts, they'd get it on with a buch of sheep as long as it gets them some attention. I say ignore them and get it on with a bunch of sheep.
Ehh... Hollywood using marriage to get some gossip-like attention is nothing new, but releasing a love song is sinking to a new all-time-low. The possibility of a new Sonny & Cher-style singing duo is utterly terrifying. And on top of that, it would be evangelistic.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:36 PM   #6
Dave-ros

Oh God, celebs recording songs only works if they're funny and for a worthy charity (like the Comic Relief version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" in 1993 with lots of different celebs doing each line). I feel a headache coming on just thinking of this...

Incidentally, anyone see Tom Cruise being played by a woman in the BBC sketch show TittyBangBang? Linkage because YouTube = winnar
Old 11-30-2006, 04:18 PM   #7
Hudson

Remember that Bruce Willis album? Yeah, neither does anyone else.
[INSERT SYSTEM SPECS THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT HERE]
Old 11-30-2006, 04:20 PM   #8
wayskobfssae

I had a friend who was a huge Willis fan, so sadly, I can still hear the terrifyingly traumatic sound of his voice singing, "Under the Boardwalk."

*shudder*
Old 11-30-2006, 04:35 PM   #9
Dave-ros

Yeah, but Shatner beats them all -- even the Hoff
Old 11-30-2006, 08:31 PM   #10
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
I have that album. "The Return of Bruno" if I remember correctly, I haven't actually played it in so long. But it's not a bad blues record.

Let not mankind bogart love.
[A pessimist is what an optimist defines as a realist.]
Old 12-01-2006, 05:56 AM   #11
X-Vector

Quote:
Maybe, but we all certainly remember this one:

Old 12-01-2006, 06:33 AM   #12
Travis

hey, if Fabio, Hulk Hogan and Mr. T can all have albums...
Old 12-01-2006, 10:40 AM   #13
Tang Lung

Don't forget the real El Mariachi..

MOON PRINCESS POWER!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:51 AM   #14
John

Lmao, the b-movie Esteban.

Let not mankind bogart love.
[A pessimist is what an optimist defines as a realist.]
Old 12-02-2006, 05:23 PM   #15
Wamplet

I heard the Church of Scientology is actually a branch of the United Way.
"By god... Wamp has a point." -Damien_Azreal
Old 12-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #16
Tetsuro

Scientologists are crazy because they think psychologists are evil so they are allowed to develop psychosis in peace.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:10 PM   #17
jimbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tang Lung View Post
Don't forget the real El Mariachi..

HEY, Steven seagal is like the steve vai of B movies...
Old 12-03-2006, 01:36 AM   #18
Grande 3:16

Quote:
I once saw that for sale on cassette at a Sunday market.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:56 AM   #19
Tetsuro

Church of scientology? They of all people need LESS money. If the song is ever released, I recommend following course of action:

1. Steal as many as possible.
2. DESTROY THEM.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:58 AM   #20
Dave-ros

The records or the Scientologists?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:25 AM   #21
Samji

Lolza . Even from the title of this thread I just knew it was Cruise, before I even read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutWrench View Post
Tom is a dumb, wackadoo clammie.

Scientology is a scam...
Interesting read.
Last edited by Samji; 12-03-2006 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:36 AM   #22
Tang Lung

Arnie, Stallone, Van Damme, Snipes, Segal, Mr T, Norris, He Man, and Lundgren should all join forces with each other to fight against the evil of Cruise and Travolta's diabolical Empire. That would be like, so awesome!

MOON PRINCESS POWER!
Old 12-03-2006, 07:55 AM   #23
Tetsuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ros View Post
The records or the Scientologists?
The records, but I'd happily anihilate the scientologists too. Their money-grabbery and indifference towards everyone else is only comparable to the likes of RIAA.

Besides, they're the only religion you can openly bash and not be labeled an intolerant git!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:22 AM   #24
Dave-ros

I've been reading the Operation Clambake site about the Scientologists, and cross-referencing with Wikipedia... damn, I thought they were just some harmless crackpot religion, I didn't realise that the Movementarians in The Simpsons were actually a slightly toned-down version of them!

And yes, you can bash them, since they're not an actual religion -- surely a religion requires that its founder actually believed a word he was saying without the aid of mind-altering drugs?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:08 AM   #25
clayasaurus

How about a win-win : music executives deny Tom's request, and never offer him again
Old 12-03-2006, 10:54 AM   #26
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Quote:
Actualy I do. What did he call himself... Bruno or something.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 12-03-2006, 12:28 PM   #27

You know people always say "Tom Cruise is insane!", "I hate Tom Cruise", "Tom Cruise was spotted doing this". I have a solution: "Shut the f*ck up". Does anyone honestly give a shit? The reason you hate Tom Cruise is because you watch over him like some sort of hawk. If you do as I do and live your own life, you'll find you suddenly feel indifferent to all celebrities.

Stop watching E! and this shit won't bother you.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #28
Lethe

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar_58 View Post
You know people always say "Tom Cruise is insane!", "I hate Tom Cruise", "Tom Cruise was spotted doing this". I have a solution: "Shut the f*ck up". Does anyone honestly give a shit? The reason you hate Tom Cruise is because you watch over him like some sort of hawk. If you do as I do and live your own life, you'll find you suddenly feel indifferent to all celebrities.
You could say the same about half of your threads, and in almost every thread you make, something bothers you so I think you're not really the indifferent type of guy like you present yourself.

Telling people to don't care about things and to be indifferent while you're bothered by almost everything is pretty much perfect example of double standards and hypocrisy.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:40 PM   #29

I don't know where that came from - I'm just telling you to stop watching over Tom Cruise like a hawk. The reason this attitude bothers me is because whenever I turn on the TV to watch an episode of CSI or something I am bombarded with Tom Cruise stories and how he is an evil evil man.

Seriously it is getting very old now. Tom Cruise is a man, that is all. He isn't a demi god that needs to be perfect or held up as a role model. I personally laughed at those who refuse to watch MI3 because he is a Scientologist. If I thought that way I'd never watch any movies because I don't believe in their religions. Honestly people just move on, so he is obsessed with Katie Holmes and believes a demented religion. From where I sit that isn't that bad.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #30
Tetsuro

Not to mention scientology doesn't rip off just celebrities - in fact, you could say it's the non-celebs who suffer because they don't have the kind of money for it!

And then there was that case of a scientologist mother denying psychological help for his son, who then returned the favor - by killing her when he finally went sh*tnut f***ing loco.

So you see, scientology isn't just a "demented religion" to be ignored, but a dangerous cult that should be forbidden by law. And it IS forbidden by law, in countries like Germany and France.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #31

Did I say Scientology should be ignored? Tell me, why does no one go after celebs like Leah Rimini? I guess she's just not popular enough right? Put your money where your mouth is then and hound every scientologist. From where I sit it seems like people have a personal vendetta against Cruise for reasons that never became apparent to me.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #32
Tetsuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar_58 View Post
Tell me, why does no one go after celebs like Leah Rimini? I guess she's just not popular enough right? Put your money where your mouth is then and hound every scientologist. From where I sit it seems like people have a personal vendetta against Cruise for reasons that never became apparent to me.
Maybe it's because I for one have never even HEARD of Leah Rimini before?

I think it's just because Cruise is obviously in need of medication. Though I think we should hound Travolta too, for making that appalling waste of celluloid that is Battlefield: Earth.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #33
Sang

I'm also wondering myself why everyone is having a cruisade against Tom.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:51 PM   #34
wayskobfssae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
I'm also wondering myself why everyone is having a cruisade against Tom.
Actually I think it's the other way around. Cruise has a crusade against the "infidels." Scientology is starting to become a scary threat, and everytime he does something and then thanks Xenu for it (or whatever they believe) it's going to get worse. We all know Hollywood weddings are superficial, and here's the Cruise marriage being presented as some kind of divine act of God and infinite love, and he gives all the credit for this to the Church of Scientology.

I'm not as much of a boycotter as some are probably thinking right now. I still watch his films regardless of what he believes and I think he's a talented actor. But this pseudo corporate-advertising for his religion is dusturbing.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #35
Dave-ros

He's Cruise-ading against the infidels. AHAHAHA!!!! Oh, please yourselves

Maybe Tom Cruise is like Michael Jackson -- you can enjoy his early stuff, back when he was the sh*t rather than the deranged whacko he is today. I own Thriller and don't regard Jacko as a child molester (or at the very least someone who doesn't understand why people think he's a child molester), I just enjoy the music.

Now I don't have any Tom Cruise films, but you get the idea
Old 12-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #36
wayskobfssae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ros View Post
He's Cruise-ading against the infidels. AHAHAHA!!!! Oh, please yourselves
Bad bad... tsk tsk

Quote:
I own Thriller and don't regard Jacko as a child molester (or at the very least someone who doesn't understand why people think he's a child molester), I just enjoy the music.
Heh, I don't think he did it either. I think random people just want cheap ways to make money.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:06 PM   #37
Tetsuro

Maybe it's just because Jacko looks like a Ghost.

Get it? Ghost? Teehee.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #38
Dave-ros

No no no, "Ghostrider" was the name of Cruise's character's plane, not Cruise's character's callsign, that was "Maverick". Or is there some other joke I completely missed there?
Old 12-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #39
wayskobfssae

Michael had a movie called "Ghosts", but I'm not sure if that's what he's hinting it.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #40
Tetsuro

Yeah, that's what I meant. Ghosts.