Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem Forever
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
That Guy

That Guy's Avatar
The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting
It's been stated that Scott and George haven't posted anything because of the pending litigation. That's crap. Sure, it would unwise to go into any details, but there's no reason at all either or both couldn't simply take 5 minutes to say "Here's where we are, here's where we'd like to go."

But the haven't done that. Why?

Answer: They could not care less about what ANYONE here thinks. When they had a chance at a viable product, they tolerated this forum for good will. Now they know DNF is dead, and because of that, they have no use for this forum at all.
That Guy is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
Jiminator

Jiminator's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
they don't post here because when you argue with morons it becomes hard to tell who is the bigger moron...
__________________
big badass nasty weapons here....
Jiminator is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
crunchy superman

crunchy superman's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
It's been stated that Scott and George haven't posted anything because of the pending litigation. That's crap. Sure, it would unwise to go into any details, but there's no reason at all either or both couldn't simply take 5 minutes to say "Here's where we are, here's where we'd like to go."

But the haven't done that. Why?

Answer: They could not care less about what ANYONE here thinks. When they had a chance at a viable product, they tolerated this forum for good will. Now they know DNF is dead, and because of that, they have no use for this forum at all.
Hey, thanks for clearing that up.
__________________

crunchy superman is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
Drazula

Drazula's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
If that was the case they would simply close the forums. Try again....
__________________
"I've been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me the source code." - Drazula
Drazula is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
Needle

Needle's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
No! You lie! LIAR! NOOOOO!
Needle is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #6
lordlonelobo

lordlonelobo's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
It's been stated that Scott and George haven't posted anything because of the pending litigation. That's crap. Sure, it would unwise to go into any details, but there's no reason at all either or both couldn't simply take 5 minutes to say "Here's where we are, here's where we'd like to go."

But the haven't done that. Why?

Answer: They could not care less about what ANYONE here thinks. When they had a chance at a viable product, they tolerated this forum for good will. Now they know DNF is dead, and because of that, they have no use for this forum at all.
Y'know, there's an approximate 1 to 6,792,467,725 chance that you are not George or Scott, and therefore, you're not entitled to comment on why they aren't posting.
lordlonelobo is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
NutWrench

NutWrench's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
It's been stated that Scott and George haven't posted anything because of the pending litigation. That's crap. Sure, it would unwise to go into any details, but there's no reason at all either or both couldn't simply take 5 minutes to say "Here's where we are, here's where we'd like to go."

But the haven't done that. Why?

Answer: They could not care less about what ANYONE here thinks. When they had a chance at a viable product, they tolerated this forum for good will. Now they know DNF is dead, and because of that, they have no use for this forum at all.
Damn. You've found them out. I guess there's no fooling YOU, huh?
__________________
"If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
NutWrench is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
The Count

The Count's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Actually, I can think of only two occasions in the last couple of years when GB cared to post here at all:

when he had something to sell - Prey and Duke on XBLA
The Count is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #9
Evil Angel

Evil Angel's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
3DR's reputation as a game developer is in the shitter, they have blown $20 million and have nothing to show for it, they are being sued for probably more money than they have, the game they supposedly loved and poured their hearts into for the last 12 years looks like it will never see the light of day.

Quite frankly if that were me, my company, my reputation, my money posting here would be the last thing on my mind because I wouldn't be sleeping and would be breaking my balls to try and dig my way out of this mess.

Wheres George? Playing poker in Vegas. Do you really think he gives a flying f**k about this forum or any of us?
Evil Angel is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
unforgiven
 
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
I don't know about Scott but George is Busy ( with Gambling ).
unforgiven is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #11
GOK

GOK's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Do you really think he gives a flying f**k about this forum or any of us?
About you, no. About me, yes.
__________________
Wang Bang Heaven: more bang for ya buck.
GOK
GOK is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #12
Wamplet

Wamplet's Avatar
Oh No Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
It's been stated that Scott and George haven't posted anything because of the pending litigation. That's crap. Sure, it would unwise to go into any details, but there's no reason at all either or both couldn't simply take 5 minutes to say "Here's where we are, here's where we'd like to go."

But the haven't done that. Why?

Answer: They could not care less about what ANYONE here thinks. When they had a chance at a viable product, they tolerated this forum for good will. Now they know DNF is dead, and because of that, they have no use for this forum at all.
If you are looking for George to post, you need to go to shacknews. He never posts here anymore, especially with late-breaking news. It all goes over there.
__________________
"IT'S HUGE!!!!" -chimera
I think it's a 17"... or maybe it's a 19"..... it's huge... and bulky! but it has served me quite well -Mariamus
"You're dying after Wamplet and Politics." -L'Bulgeur
"By god... Wamp has a point." -Damien_Azreal
Wamplet is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 08:12 PM   #13
SpamViking

SpamViking's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Maybe I'm missing something here.....but if DNF is indeed officially dead, why is the DNF forum still open?
__________________
Edges of Seven on Myspace Debut CD "Born Again Hard" now on iTunes!
SpamViking is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #14
Rösti

Rösti's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamViking View Post
Maybe I'm missing something here.....but if DNF is indeed officially dead, why is the DNF forum still open?
As far as I know, 3D Realms has not confirmed DNF's status as "dead".
Rösti is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #15
George Broussard

George Broussard's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
That Guy,

You're wrong in your assumption about us caring. There's nothing much we can say at the moment, so I do apologize for that.
Last edited by George Broussard; 06-19-2009 at 09:15 PM.
George Broussard is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #16
Monkey Butler
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
I believe an owned is in order.
Monkey Butler is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #17
DarkJedi2

DarkJedi2's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post
You're wrong in your assumption about us [not] caring. There's nothing much we can say at the moment, so I do apologize for that.
I was about to reply to this thread to say something along these lines but I guess it isn't necessary now since it came right from the source .
DarkJedi2 is offline  
Old 06-20-2009, 02:34 AM   #18
Babe

Babe's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Wow I never expected an answer from George himself in this forum ! I wished though he would have said something about the future of DNF, the game that we all want to come out, including T2 !
Babe is offline  
Old 06-20-2009, 05:53 AM   #19
lordlonelobo

lordlonelobo's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe View Post
Wow I never expected an answer from George himself in this forum ! I wished though he would have said something about the future of DNF, the game that we all want to come out, including T2 !
Babe, you should kinda read the reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post
There's nothing much we can say at the moment, so I do apologize for that.
lordlonelobo is offline  
Old 06-20-2009, 06:04 AM   #20
AdrianGuenter
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post
That Guy,

You're wrong in your assumption about us caring. There's nothing much we can say at the moment, so I do apologize for that.
Well, thanks for at least acknowledging all of us here on the edge of our seats by making an appearance. If the legal circumstances don't allow for anything more than your given response at the moment, then so be it...but, if you just mean that you don't really have any better idea than any of us about what the future holds it would be nice to know a little more about why that is and what sort of possibilities there may be moving forward. Nonetheless, thanks for showing your face.
AdrianGuenter is offline  
Old 06-20-2009, 06:48 AM   #21
mysteryperfecta

mysteryperfecta's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Angel View Post
3DR's reputation as a game developer is in the shitter, they have blown $20 million and have nothing to show for it, they are being sued for probably more money than they have, the game they supposedly loved and poured their hearts into for the last 12 years looks like it will never see the light of day.

Quite frankly if that were me, my company, my reputation, my money posting here would be the last thing on my mind because I wouldn't be sleeping and would be breaking my balls to try and dig my way out of this mess.
This is probably close to the truth. If it were any of us, I don't think we'd be anxious to face the firing squad that this forum (or any other gaming forum) has become.

Quote:
Wheres George? Playing poker in Vegas. Do you really think he gives a flying f**k about this forum or any of us?
Ultimately, I think we're pretty low on his list of priorities. That's as it should be. I don't have any problem with GB going on (what I understand is) his annual trip to Vegas. Not going changes what?
__________________
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.” Thomas Jefferson
mysteryperfecta is offline  
Old 06-20-2009, 08:09 AM   #22
unforgiven
 
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
I'm ashamed of myself
unforgiven is offline  
Old 06-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #23
FlashBack
 
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post
That Guy,

You're wrong in your assumption about us caring. There's nothing much we can say at the moment, so I do apologize for that.
He is wrong in his assumption about you caring or about you [not] caring?
Which one is it?
As it can be seen the post was edited and the [not] deleted from it.
So what is the message?
Should people stop assuming that you care or should people stop assuming that you do not care?
Last edited by FlashBack; 06-20-2009 at 09:52 AM.
FlashBack is offline  
Old 06-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #24
peoplessi

peoplessi's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
It's not that obscure to get the point, it was an answer to the first post. Don't be an ass, really, you try too hard.
__________________
Duke Nukem Forever
Who am I to judge?
peoplessi is offline  
Old 06-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #25
WoodenSword

WoodenSword's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...


Of course they care...

The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting imo is that they simply don't know what to do with DNF and the lawsuit yet
__________________
------------------------------
When the chess game is over, the pawn and the king go back to the same box
WoodenSword is offline  
Old 06-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #26
Firstperson
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post
That Guy,

You're wrong in your assumption about us caring. There's nothing much we can say at the moment, so I do apologize for that.
To back him up, also there can be LEGAL ramifications that may bind both George and Scott from speaking on the law suit itself. We can view the public stuff, but other things may be involved that cannot be divluged to the public at this time. That's my theory.
__________________
"Whatdaya waitin for? Christmas?"

-Duke Nukem
Firstperson is offline  
Old 06-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #27
Caine

Caine's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post
That Guy,

You're wrong in your assumption about us caring. There's nothing much we can say at the moment, so I do apologize for that.
thanks for that, still hard that 3drealms made duke a joke in gaming history...
Caine is offline  
Old 06-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #28
Montykoro!

Montykoro!'s Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post
That Guy,

You're wrong in your assumption about us caring. There's nothing much we can say at the moment, so I do apologize for that.
I belive

thx for the forums!!! and better luck in poker next time!!!!
__________________
"Those damn PigCops are gonna pay for spreading Swine Flu!"
Montykoro! is offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 07:42 AM   #29
FlashBack
 
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montykoro! View Post
I belive

thx for the forums!!! and better luck in poker next time!!!!
Sarcasm at it's best!
FlashBack is offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #30
punk_guy182
Ooo Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post
That Guy,

You're wrong in your assumption about us caring. There's nothing much we can say at the moment, so I do apologize for that.
OH SHIT! Is that George's first reply on the forums since the shutdown?

George: Can you at least tell us when you'll be able to release some info on the status of the litigation between the company and T2, DNF and what you have in mind or iare you going to give us a WWC (When We Can) answer?
Last edited by punk_guy182; 06-21-2009 at 11:26 AM.
punk_guy182 is offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #31
Xefaros

Xefaros's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Why i believe now that goerge shouldnt post anything?:P
Xefaros is offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 04:41 PM   #32
That Guy

That Guy's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post
That Guy,

You're wrong in your assumption about us caring. There's nothing much we can say at the moment, so I do apologize for that.

In that case, I willingly admit my error. Clearly I was completely wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.
That Guy is offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 07:50 PM   #33
Montykoro!

Montykoro!'s Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashBack View Post
Sarcasm at it's best!
NO NO!!!!!! I really belive... after the demo reel I want the damn game... the demo reel is the best of the best...
'the **** you" part of the demo is awesome!!!!
__________________
"Those damn PigCops are gonna pay for spreading Swine Flu!"
Montykoro! is offline  
Old 06-22-2009, 07:30 AM   #34
Antosa

Antosa's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post
That Guy,

You're wrong in your assumption about us caring. There's nothing much we can say at the moment, so I do apologize for that.
Wow George, you are come back! It's nice!
__________________
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 - Mainboard: evga nForce 680i SLI
Memory: G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK - 2 x 1GB DDRII 800
Hard disk: Raid 0 - 2 x Western Digital Raptor WD360 GD - Audio: Audigy 2 ZS - Power: Enermax ELT620AWT

Video: Point of View GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB
Last edited by Antosa; 06-22-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Antosa is offline  
Old 06-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #35
Caine

Caine's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antosa View Post
Wow George, you are come back! It' nice!
why dont people send love letters?
Caine is offline  
Old 06-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #36
Saul
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
In that case, I willingly admit my error. Clearly I was completely wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.
Lol. I'm shocked that GB replied to your crap.
Saul is offline  
Old 06-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #37
Antosa

Antosa's Avatar
Re: The REAL reason why Scott and George aren't posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
why dont people send love letters?
Why i'm not gay.
__________________
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 - Mainboard: evga nForce 680i SLI
Memory: G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK - 2 x 1GB DDRII 800
Hard disk: Raid 0 - 2 x Western Digital Raptor WD360 GD - Audio: Audigy 2 ZS - Power: Enermax ELT620AWT

Video: Point of View GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB
Antosa is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 PM.

Page generated in 0.21753907 seconds (100.00% PHP - 0% MySQL) with 16 queries

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Website is ©1987-2014 Apogee Software, Ltd.
Ideas and messages posted here become property of Apogee Software Ltd.