Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Prey
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 06:14 AM   #1
Cmdr.Ed
Prey: Activation Key
To all the Clever and Helpfull Support Providers 3D Mods, Game Provider, Game Seller who all passed the buck and some who removed my posts & plea for Help, to figure out why the Activation Key was being refused.
One lone person replied "Sabaneko" with TURN OFF WINDOWS FIREWALL & DEFENDER.

Well, what do you know, it worked. PREY accepted the 18 Character Key and is just running fine. Maybe this Post will stay and Help someone with a similar problem
Cmdr.Ed is offline  
Old 06-21-2010, 06:30 AM   #2
Kalki

Kalki's Avatar
Re: Prey: Activation Key
That made me laugh. Hope nobody stole your cd-key.
__________________
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Kalki is offline  
Old 06-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Joe Siegler's Avatar
Re: Prey: Activation Key
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr.Ed View Post
To all the Clever and Helpfull Support Providers 3D Mods, Game Provider, Game Seller who all passed the buck and some who removed my posts & plea for Help, to figure out why the Activation Key was being refused.
One lone person replied "Sabaneko" with TURN OFF WINDOWS FIREWALL & DEFENDER.

Well, what do you know, it worked. PREY accepted the 18 Character Key and is just running fine. Maybe this Post will stay and Help someone with a similar problem
Don't post your CD key publicly, and there's no problem.
__________________
Apogee / 3D Realms Employee: Dec 14, 1992 - May 22, 2009, Oct 23, 2014 - current

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Joe Siegler is offline  
Old 06-14-2011, 03:56 AM   #4
mon2908
Re: Prey: Activation Key
Hi, I have following Problem. I own a legal Prey Version that does not ask for a CD-Key and installs quite fine under Windows. I wanted this version to run in Linux. Therefore I used the Icculus Installer for Prey which can be legally downloaded here

http://icculus.org/prey/

and my offical Prey Disc.

The Installation runs well but ...

My problem is, that I do not have a printed key and cannot insert in the characters when beeing asked for. Does anybody know a workaround for this problem or can tell me where I can buy a retail version of this game that has a printed cd-key?

Thanks.
__________________
> People who love that system ought to know that it is our idealism made real - Richard Stallmann, GNU
mon2908 is offline  
Old 06-14-2011, 04:12 AM   #5
Altered Reality

Altered Reality's Avatar
Re: Prey: Activation Key
Quote:
Originally Posted by mon2908 View Post
Hi, I have following Problem. I own a legal Prey Version that does not ask for a CD-Key and installs quite fine under Windows. I wanted this version to run in Linux. Therefore I used the Icculus Installer for Prey which can be legally downloaded here

http://icculus.org/prey/

and my offical Prey Disc.

The Installation runs well but ...

My problem is, that I do not have a printed key and cannot insert in the characters when beeing asked for. Does anybody know a workaround for this problem or can tell me where I can buy a retail version of this game that has a printed cd-key?

Thanks.
The key should be printed on the back of the manual. If it's not, you should get your copy exchanged for another.
__________________
[...] We view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time. (Gabe Newell, Valve)
I'm the worst enemy in film-making and a completely talentless idiot. (Uwe Boll)
Faith is why you are wrong. (Crosma)
Altered Reality is offline  
Old 06-14-2011, 05:41 AM   #6
mon2908
Re: Prey: Activation Key
Thanks, I found it, it was on the Foil the CD was packed in. I just forget where I left this piece of Foil when I installed it last. So first think I did I installed it with wine to find out that I must really have a printed key, the next thing I did was to have a look in the box it came with and voila there I packed the foil with the serial number. I totally forgot that I had one. Sorry.
__________________
> People who love that system ought to know that it is our idealism made real - Richard Stallmann, GNU
mon2908 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
fast-1

fast-1's Avatar
Re: Prey: Activation Key
You can buy Prey here If you don't have a key copy of the game.
__________________
Ha what a day.:D
fast-1 is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.09774399 seconds (100.00% PHP - 0% MySQL) with 16 queries

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Website is 1987-2014 Apogee Software, Ltd.
Ideas and messages posted here become property of Apogee Software Ltd.