Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Xbox LIVE
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 08:57 PM   #921
Superczar

Superczar's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
People complain about anything. If 3D Realms were giving away a million bucks, someone would complain
If 3dr gave me a 360 I wouldn't complain! *HINT*HINT*
__________________
'F*** Fresch!!!'.
Superczar is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #922
MegaMustaine

MegaMustaine's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
The rewind feature is a great idea because it is basically no different from saving every two seconds, it just eliminates the need to actually get out and save. It is not a feature that is perfect for every game, but it makes a lot of sense here.
__________________
This signature is a 77/100!
MegaMustaine is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #923
Sharpie

Sharpie's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
I just thought i might ask even though many of you will know the answer but are all XBLA arcade games released on the same time for every country?

It just worries me because Australia seems to get screwed over (like many countries in the world) when it comes to release dates. The main offender that comes to mind for me is Nintendo Australia, my god they are terrible.

Also George, Joe or any other 3DR staff did you guys have any trouble trying to get DN3D classified for Australia like you did back in the good old days?

So just to illiterate on what i said does anyone know if DN3D will be released at the same time for everyone?
__________________
360 gamertag: sharpie92
DNF on 360 please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFct6lg0Vmo <<<< Watch for a laugh
Last edited by Sharpie; 08-27-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Sharpie is offline  
Old 08-28-2008, 12:40 AM   #924
Retodon8

Retodon8's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMustaine View Post
The rewind feature is [...] basically no different from saving every two seconds,
From a gameplay perspective, yes.
From a programming perspective, I thought this addition must've meant a lot of work.
Then I remembered the original DN3D's demos playing in the background if you're not, and figured 3DR likely upgraded the demo recording/playback feature.
If I'm right, I'm not saying it still wasn't a lot of work, just less.
__________________
Retodon8
Sheep happens!
Retodon8 is offline  
Old 08-28-2008, 12:48 AM   #925
TheKins
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
I just thought i might ask even though many of you will know the answer but are all XBLA arcade games released on the same time for every country?

It just worries me because Australia seems to get screwed over (like many countries in the world) when it comes to release dates. The main offender that comes to mind for me is Nintendo Australia, my god they are terrible.

Also George, Joe or any other 3DR staff did you guys have any trouble trying to get DN3D classified for Australia like you did back in the good old days?
Only three XBLA games to my knowledge haven't came out here at the same time as in the US (Boom Boom Rocket, TMNT and that free Shmup). Also, DN3D's been available uncensored here for many many years - I think it was only the initial release that was censored.

I wouldn't be too worried.
TheKins is offline  
Old 08-28-2008, 12:52 AM   #926
Sharpie

Sharpie's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKins View Post
Only three XBLA games to my knowledge haven't came out here at the same time as in the US (Boom Boom Rocket, TMNT and that free Shmup). Also, DN3D's been available uncensored here for many many years - I think it was only the initial release that was censored.

I wouldn't be too worried.
I know there wasn't any trouble after its initial release its just that you don't ever know what the OFLC will do .

And thanks for clearing the XBLA releases question for me too TheKins.
__________________
360 gamertag: sharpie92
DNF on 360 please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFct6lg0Vmo <<<< Watch for a laugh
Sharpie is offline  
Old 08-28-2008, 03:54 AM   #927
Steve

Steve's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
I just thought i might ask even though many of you will know the answer but are all XBLA arcade games released on the same time for every country?

It just worries me because Australia seems to get screwed over (like many countries in the world) when it comes to release dates. The main offender that comes to mind for me is Nintendo Australia, my god they are terrible.
Short answer: No, America will get most XBLA games first or even exclusively. If Australia gets screwed so will New Zealand (me) in regards to Duke3d. There IS away around it, however.
Last edited by Steve; 08-28-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Steve is offline  
Old 08-28-2008, 06:44 AM   #928
BloodWolf806

BloodWolf806's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
I know there wasn't any trouble after its initial release its just that you don't ever know what the OFLC will do .

And thanks for clearing the XBLA releases question for me too TheKins.
Wort case scenario, make an American Xbox Live Silver account, add points to it, download Duke 3D, then play it on your Austrialian account.
__________________
You're beautiful when you're DYIN'
BloodWolf806 is offline  
Old 08-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #929
Stevey Boy

Stevey Boy's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Just a quick question is this definately coming out in the UK?
Stevey Boy is offline  
Old 08-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #930
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Joe Siegler's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodWolf806 View Post
Wort case scenario, make an American Xbox Live Silver account, add points to it, download Duke 3D, then play it on your Austrialian account.
I thought MS clamped down on that kind of stuff, and you can't do that anymore? I remember seeing something where they closed down a ton of accounts who were using the wrong region based on where they were.
__________________
Apogee / 3D Realms Employee: Dec 14, 1992 - May 22, 2009, Oct 23, 2014 - current

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Joe Siegler is offline  
Old 08-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #931
Blinxerizer

Blinxerizer's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
This is my first time posting on here, although I've always read the forums so I do know whats been going on.

I got a question about looking up and down, cause I noticed it in the gameplay vids. How exactly are you able to do it? Is it just up and down on the d-pad? I know there is auto aim.
Blinxerizer is offline  
Old 08-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #932
Steve

Steve's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
I thought MS clamped down on that kind of stuff, and you can't do that anymore? I remember seeing something where they closed down a ton of accounts who were using the wrong region based on where they were.
You can still do it. Microsoft, at this point, has only blocked video downloads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinxerizer View Post
I got a question about looking up and down, cause I noticed it in the gameplay vids. How exactly are you able to do it? Is it just up and down on the d-pad? I know there is auto aim.
I'd say look up and look down will be tied to the right analog stick like all FPS on 360.
Last edited by Steve; 08-28-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Steve is offline  
Old 08-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #933
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Joe Siegler's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I'd say look up and look down will be tied to the right analog stick like all FPS on 360.
There are certain things all games have to respect if you're on the 360. Go into your profile and set "game defaults". Or just look there - a lot people didn't know it was there.
__________________
Apogee / 3D Realms Employee: Dec 14, 1992 - May 22, 2009, Oct 23, 2014 - current

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Joe Siegler is offline  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #934
Steve

Steve's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
There are certain things all games have to respect if you're on the 360. Go into your profile and set "game defaults". Or just look there - a lot people didn't know it was there.
That I didn't know
Steve is offline  
Old 08-29-2008, 02:43 PM   #935
KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
George, will we be getting a release date soon?
KaiserSoze is offline  
Old 08-29-2008, 05:13 PM   #936
George Broussard

George Broussard's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinxerizer View Post
This is my first time posting on here, although I've always read the forums so I do know whats been going on.

I got a question about looking up and down, cause I noticed it in the gameplay vids. How exactly are you able to do it? Is it just up and down on the d-pad? I know there is auto aim.
Controls like any FPS on a console. The left stick moves you around, and the right stick looks around.
George Broussard is offline  
Old 08-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #937
George Broussard

George Broussard's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMustaine View Post
The rewind feature is a great idea because it is basically no different from saving every two seconds, it just eliminates the need to actually get out and save. It is not a feature that is perfect for every game, but it makes a lot of sense here.
Primarily because it's an older game. You sort of just want to play and not have a lot of hassle. I played Doom a lot and I would always get into the game and forget to save, and die 15 minutes into a level and have to start at the beginning. That's just terrible.

So, I think we made this game as enjoyable and easy to play as humanly possible, for modern gamers.
George Broussard is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 01:07 AM   #938
Dark Agent

Dark Agent's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post
Primarily because it's an older game. You sort of just want to play and not have a lot of hassle. I played Doom a lot and I would always get into the game and forget to save, and die 15 minutes into a level and have to start at the beginning. That's just terrible.
That annoyed me to, especially when I got through a few levels before I died.
Dark Agent is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 03:25 AM   #939
qwerty

qwerty's Avatar
Ooo Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
what happens when you die in coop and how are the weapons picked up ??

that was really annoying in doom, the weapons could only be picked up by one player so if you are too slow you never get a new weapon because "fast player 1" already picked it up. and when you die all you have is the pistol. that sucked
qwerty is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 05:43 AM   #940
Sharpie

Sharpie's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
what happens when you die in co-op?
Now there is an extremely good question. What does happen when you die in co-op? How does the time line and rewinding back work when there is more than one person playing?
__________________
360 gamertag: sharpie92
DNF on 360 please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFct6lg0Vmo <<<< Watch for a laugh
Sharpie is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 11:26 AM   #941
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Joe Siegler's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
Now there is an extremely good question. What does happen when you die in co-op? How does the time line and rewinding back work when there is more than one person playing?
That was answered already elsewhere. The rewind only works in single player. Resultant clips from co-op and dm play can have the rewind used, but "live rewind" is only for single player.
__________________
Apogee / 3D Realms Employee: Dec 14, 1992 - May 22, 2009, Oct 23, 2014 - current

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Joe Siegler is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:24 PM   #942
Dukefan24

Dukefan24's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Otherwise you were able to bully other players by constantly rewinding after their great efforts..
__________________
Dukefan24: Another addicted Duke Nukem fan in the world!
My Wii Friend Code: 8063 8131 9140 5518
My Website: Duke Nukem Stadium
Dukefan24 is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #943
Edli

Edli's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quick question: Will the fourth episode come with the full version, or will it be tacked on as downloadable content?
Edli is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #944
Steve

Steve's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edli View Post
Quick question: Will the fourth episode come with the full version, or will it be tacked on as downloadable content?
Full Version.
Steve is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #945
Sharpie

Sharpie's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
That was answered already elsewhere. The rewind only works in single player. Resultant clips from co-op and dm play can have the rewind used, but "live rewind" is only for single player.
Thanks for clearing that up for me Joe
__________________
360 gamertag: sharpie92
DNF on 360 please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFct6lg0Vmo <<<< Watch for a laugh
Sharpie is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 07:03 PM   #946
Lakers4life32
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
what happens when you die in coop and how are the weapons picked up ??

that was really annoying in doom, the weapons could only be picked up by one player so if you are too slow you never get a new weapon because "fast player 1" already picked it up. and when you die all you have is the pistol. that sucked
Yeah What happens if someone picks up the jetpack at the end of episode 2 level 4 ( Fusion Station ) and dies after for example? There is no way getting back up to that big door unless you can pick up items more than once.
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: THE BLAC PLAGUE
XBLA games completed: 53/63
My next 200/200 XBLA game: Duke Nukem 3D
Last edited by Lakers4life32; 08-31-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Lakers4life32 is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 02:25 AM   #947
Retodon8

Retodon8's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
that was really annoying in doom, the weapons could only be picked up by one player so if you are too slow you never get a new weapon because "fast player 1" already picked it up.
To me that feels like the right way for it to work.
Dropped weapons act as extra ammo in most games, and if you're lucky and it's a weapon you don't have yet, yay, an extra weapon for you.
If every weapon dropped just lied there, even if on a timer, if dropped by another player... it would feel wrong to me.
I'm sure it would be exploitable as well.

I suspect this will be different for other items.
Maybe every player can pick up a jetpack (etc.) once per life.
I think that's the way it usually works.
__________________
Retodon8
Sheep happens!
Retodon8 is offline  
Old 09-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #948
Crazy Cholo

Crazy Cholo's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Im new to the fourms but i just wanna say I love Duke and cant wait for this!
__________________
XBL GT: CRAZY CHOLO
"I was born to rock the world!!!" ....Duke Nukem
Crazy Cholo is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #949
Superczar

Superczar's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Awesome port! Bought it for on my bro's XBox, game seems very fluid and well-done, been so long since I played any of the other versions that I've even forgotten quite a few secrets so far! Love the replay "save" system, VERY handy... Well worth the 800 points...

Now if only I can get my bro off the box so I can play more...
__________________
'F*** Fresch!!!'.
Superczar is offline  
Old 01-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #950
Tea Monster

Tea Monster's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
I don't have an X-box 360, but I got to play over at freinds house the other day. Its great to see it back and in good form again.

Sadly didn't get a chance to multiplayer, but looking forward to it on another visit!

Thanks for bringing this out 3DR!
__________________
Tea Monster's web portfolio
Tea Monster is offline  
Old 01-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #951
marioman360

marioman360's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
weird, the petition has 666 signatures....

marioman360 is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #952
jayo
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Personally, I'd like to see Duke 3D on Wii's Virtual Console!
jayo is offline  
Old 02-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #953
Java the Hutt
 

Java the Hutt's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
I really do not want to sound like a complainer, but not enough people are playing multiplayer right now, which makes it really hard to join the 200/200 club.

It does not help that I completely stink at DN3D multiplayer, so I only rack up a few kills per match when I can find people online.

100 kills is hard enough, but 500? It might take me a year to reach that.

I spend a few months completing the single player in my free time, so now I am ready to play online. If I knew that the scene would vanish, I would have played the multiplayer first to get those achievements, and then finished up the single player.
Java the Hutt is offline  
Old 03-01-2009, 02:13 AM   #954
GreenDevilJF
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
The single player is great, but the multiplayer is crap, another version of Duke 3D (Duke 64) managed both split screen and bots. That was made over 10 years ago, and yet this port released less than a year ago didn't manage to do either.

Hell even the PC original DOOM and Marathon games managed 4 player split screen, yet this port managed to suck enough ass that it didn't even have that.

Oh and the online that you screwed over the multi for, is the worst online system I have ever used. It lags to the point were it is unplayable most of the time, people are barely on it anyway and my friend who lives 2 streets down gets kicked from the game within minutes, with the bars in the green.

3DR I am going to have to say that this shoddy port was a rip off, and since you don't seem to give a damn about the game or console gamers in general, I think it would have been better if you let another company comprise this port.
GreenDevilJF is offline  
Old 03-01-2009, 02:47 AM   #955
ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor's Avatar
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDevilJF View Post
Hell even the PC original DOOM managed 4 player split screen.
ZuljinRaynor is offline  
Old 03-01-2009, 03:10 AM   #956
GreenDevilJF
Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuljinRaynor View Post

Yeah that wasn't worded right, I meant that the two other FPS games that went from PC to Xbox got the split screen treatment that this game skimped on.
GreenDevilJF is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Tags
duke nukem 3d, duke3d, xbla, xbox 360, xbox live, xbox live arcade

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Page generated in 0.34741998 seconds (100.00% PHP - 0% MySQL) with 18 queries

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Website is 1987-2014 Apogee Software, Ltd.
Ideas and messages posted here become property of Apogee Software Ltd.