Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Programming Forum
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-18-2005, 02:49 AM   #1
Wrathstalker

Need some PHP/MYSQL assistance!
I'm making a website for something called "vasaloppet". It's a kind of competition. And there's a list on the site with all the competitors.
I would like to be able to update the competitor list directly via the site. I'm using PHP and MYSQL.. I have the code and the database done. And it's working local.
But how do you upload a MYSQL database online?? And what needs to be changed in the PHP code? I'm quite a n00b at this stuff, so could someone please explain to me "step by step"? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-18-2005, 03:13 AM   #2
ADM

Re: Need some PHP/MYSQL assistance!
Extract the SQL using phpmyadmin or something on the local server and most online servers have phpmyadmin already install. So just import it into that.

Then all you have to do is point the PHP to the correct database. Most of the time the database server can be kept as localhost and you just need to rename the database name and username and pass.

Then everything should work.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:27 AM   #3
Wrathstalker

Quote:
ADoomedMarine said:
Extract the SQL using phpmyadmin or something on the local server and most online servers have phpmyadmin already install. So just import it into that.

I downloaded phpmyadmin, but it was just a bunch of PHP files. Could you explain how to use it? this stuff is really new to me.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:41 AM   #4
ADM

The best thing to do is firstly find out whether your online host actually has installed phpmyadmin already.

If they haven't phpmyadmin has a very extensive installation manual that comes with all the packages, it'll be ideal to go through that. If you're stuck let me know and I'll try help you out as best as I can.