Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-03-2006, 05:29 PM   #1
Phayzon

Wolf3D on PocketPC woes..
Note: This may belong in General Gaming, since technically ports arent Apogee Games.

So I tryed the PocketPC port of Wolf3D from here ( http://pocketinsanity.sourceforge.ne...,select/id,11/ ), and couldnt get the full version working. The shareware version works perfectly (well, as perfect as possible), but the full version, no matter if I use Wolf3D v1.1, 1.2, or 1.4g, does not run. It goes through the intros with screwy gfx and exits.

The Contact link seems to be dead, so I couldnt email the guy. For the curios, heres what I prepared for him while waiting for the page to load:

Spoiler:

Can anyone get this working?
Old 08-04-2006, 11:25 PM   #2
Phayzon

Re: Wolf3D on PocketPC woes..
Nevermind, fixed it. Do something with this thread. or delete. (Or just leave it if you must)
Old 08-04-2006, 11:52 PM   #3
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Would be helpful to post what you did, in case someone comes looking for the same thing later.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 08-05-2006, 12:00 AM   #4
Phayzon

Read the website closer, and found (your gonna love this) a 1.1/2 -> 1.4 patch. Same type of "patch" that I emailed you before (just file replacements). Now, with my newly purchased 1.4(g), the GFX are all screwy, but if I use that "patch" as well as the 1.1 -> 1.2 patch, with my old 1.1 copy, everything is perfect. Ill have to test that patch with NewWolf (which also screws the GFX with 1.4g and not 1.1) and Wolf3D.exe to see what happens.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #5
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

That's not an official patch. I was here when we put out 1.4, and we didn't put out a patch with it that I can recall.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 08-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #6
Phayzon

I know