Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #1
Duke 64
Can't get Bio Menace to run...
I've been able to do it before on DOSBox (until I forgot what I did), but whenever I run the game without the patch, the game freezes up. But when I ACTIVATE the patch, I can't figure out how to get out of the BIOPATCH file and back into the BIO file to run BMENACE1/2/3

Any help would be appreciated =)

Old 09-18-2006, 06:51 PM   #2

Re: Can't get Bio Menace to run...
Use the attached batch files to run the games. It will use the patch exe, then start the game.
Attached Files
File Type: zip biom.zip (533 Bytes, 6 views)
Old 09-29-2006, 02:31 AM   #3
Qbix
DOSBox Advisor

I will definately test this game with the release executables next time.
The change that broke biomenace in 0.65 was so unrelated that I didn't expect it to affect any other game (the change was to fix a certain game).
Old 10-01-2006, 03:02 AM   #4
twelvepaws

Biomenace works fine so far on my PC (Windows 95 with extended and expanded memory) The only problems I've had so far are getting the game to use Adlib/Soundblaster, even though I start totally in DOS. When I start out, it defaults to PC sounds. Sometimes when I'm halfway through a level I can go back and reconfigure and then it will let me use Adlib/Soundblaster, but not always. PC sounds are so generic - you miss out on some really great sound effects, like when Snake changes into a green blob in BioMenace 2 and the sound he makes when he jumps.

My only other problem has to do with gameplay as in BioMenace 3, level 2, getting to the bonus area. I keep falling off the ladder when I'm tryinng to jump and get fried on the electric beam below. In the Circle of Death level, I can't finish the level without cheating, since the game doesn't let you keep grenades from a previous level and that's the only way to get past the last bunch of robots (for me anyway.)

But I still love this game.

KC Royals - World Series 2015 Champs!
Old 10-01-2006, 06:49 AM   #5
Frenkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvepaws View Post
In the Circle of Death level, I can't finish the level without cheating
What do you mean by cheating?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:22 AM   #6
twelvepaws

I use a code that's given in the BM-Hints file.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:44 AM   #7
Frenkel

I forgot about that cheat. I thought you meant by cheating using the special moves. And I don't call that cheating, just like using special moves in Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat or Xenophage.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:39 PM   #8
twelvepaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenkel View Post
I forgot about that cheat. I thought you meant by cheating using the special moves. And I don't call that cheating, just like using special moves in Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat or Xenophage.
I just can't figure out any other way to get down to that last ledge without hitting a robot and getting killed. With grenades I can destroy all or most of them and create a gap large enough to jump into.

It's nice to know that doesn't make me a cheater, although I use cheats quite often.