Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-12-1999, 04:33 PM   #1
Shadow Warrior rules!
I own quite a few games, but Shadow Warrior was never one that I got into. I played the shareware for a little while about a year ago, but that was it. Well, I just picked up the full version of the game last night at Wal-Mart for 10 bucks, and I love it! I played Duke Nukem for the longest time, and this game brings it all back.

I've also gotten a huge kick out of playing with the new BUILD - I've been using BUILD for around three years, and I'm absolutely having a field day playing with all the new tags and textures.

In other words, I think this game rules. It may not have conquered the world, but it still kicks ass. Definitely one of the most underrated games of all time, right up there with Battlezone and Hexen II.

------------------
Private Ale
Hero for Hire

Old 04-12-1999, 04:44 PM   #2
Alex
Re: Shadow Warrior rules!
Maybe someday I'll actually buy it too
Old 04-13-1999, 04:23 AM   #3
I agree. SW RULES!

Old 04-13-1999, 01:40 PM   #4
Stephen3DR
Thanks, Ale.

Old 04-13-1999, 05:08 PM   #5
X-human
This games is the 2nd greatest build game, duke 3d comes first, I guess.

But Shadow Warrior, I got the same week it came out, and I've always had it installed, well eccept the one time I need to transfer HD. But it's a great fun game.

------------------
The One and Only -=[X-human]=-
http://games3.net/gznews/
clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/dopefish
"There was a prince and a princess living happily in a kingdom. But there was a jealous devil from the dark world, named 'X'. 'X' turned the prince and princess into two stone paddles." Story Text, Bad Omen

Old 04-25-1999, 08:02 PM   #6
Sith
Actually Duke's engine is not as high-tech as Shadow Warrior's, although Duke is more appealing to people.

------------------
- Sith -
E-Mail: sith82@hotmail.com
Quote:"Pain is a good weapon."

Old 05-13-1999, 05:26 PM   #7
Shadow Warrior is awesome! Death match with it all the time.

Old 05-13-1999, 09:25 PM   #8
Yes, it is a great game............

------------------
Laser
Quote:"Every good plan needs a patsy"
E-Mail:drone1@iname.com
URL:http://e-nexus.webjump.com

Old 05-13-1999, 11:29 PM   #9
BADGER
I just bought the East Meets West pack, and played SW. I agree, it is great. I don't think it will top Duke, but it was a worthy game of the BUILD engine.

BADGER
How is that for Kung-Fu fighting you chicken shit!
Old 05-14-1999, 01:12 AM   #10
AAAAAHHHH!!! i HATE this!! I got my password wrong and now it didnt repost the stuff i typed!! F**K!!

Ah well, I just basically said that I liked SW better than Duke3d because of the advancements, and I think that someone should convert EVERYTHING fromk Duke3d to SW in one giant TC, that way you could have the best of both worlds (but leave in the smoke bomb and shadow bomb and shurikens, cuz those were fun- also, leave in those spikes you dropped on the ground) also, maybe keep the sticky bombs, but those are not nearly as important as the others

Well, gotta go now, before i go insane

Old 05-14-1999, 03:34 PM   #11
I love Shadow Warrior. It ranks up there with the best FPS's I've ever played. I bought it like the same week Private Ale did (I think it was on 4-16-99) and I think it rules. Thanks 3dR.

------------------
Tha Biscuit Man
thabiscuitman@yahoo.com
Thank you very much!

Old 05-15-1999, 02:47 PM   #12
Yenji

i liked that idea assassin had... although i think rather then it being like duke and lowang combined for the best parts of it, it could be duke VS lowang. hehe i think lowang would win that one for sure! the only thing that'd give duke a chance would be the jetpack and steroids. shadow warrior is my favorite fps i was hooked ever since i got the shareware when it was first released... it took me a while to find retail sw but when i finaly bought it lets say i was happy
Old 05-15-1999, 05:30 PM   #13
RugerMK1
i got SW a couple of weeks ago and i love it.
(try cd track number 14, it's damn funny)
Old 05-22-1999, 08:18 PM   #14
I don't know why most of the people prefers to play with a anabolized drugged man instead of a real fighter...

(yeah, I know, my english sucks...)

------------------
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"If you want peace, get ready for the war. But if you prefer war, begin yourself one" -Bill Clinton :<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>