Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-07-2002, 08:24 AM   #1
Thor Trilogy Please
I know this game is no longer sold but I'm looking for "The Thor Trilogy". All I could find so far was the shareware episode "Caves of Thor" which is widely available. Please help.

Old 04-07-2002, 10:38 AM   #2
Vetek
Re: Thor Trilogy Please
Widely available my ass, only Apogee Central has that game, I don't think Lon has it up yet.
Old 04-07-2002, 02:16 PM   #3
Crosma

Sorry to burst your bubble Vetek, but I've had a copy of Caves Of Thor since way before Apogee Central. The other episodes are pretty damn rare, on the other hand.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:26 AM   #4
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Yeah, really. Vetek, don't make yourself out to be the only place you can get this stuff. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 04-08-2002, 03:02 PM   #5
Vetek
[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2002, 03:30 PM   #6
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

My point was that it seems you're trying to bill yourself as some sort of "exclusive" - at least that's how it seems from here. It's not. I will never allow anyone to be exclusive anything on our games downloads.

Old 04-08-2002, 04:03 PM   #7
Brick_Sledge

Joe's right.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:23 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally posted by winmeman:
I know this game is no longer sold but I'm looking for "The Thor Trilogy". All I could find so far was the shareware episode "Caves of Thor" which is widely available. Please help.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm also looking for this game too. Unfortunately, based on the replies, nobody seems to be of any help. Maybe if more people requested for it would someone out there be kind enough to help [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2002, 12:39 PM   #9
Brick_Sledge

http://www.apogeecentral.tk/ - it was the first reply, obviously you don't watch enough "Reading Rainbow"
Old 04-09-2002, 02:05 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Brick_Sledge:
http://www.apogeecentral.tk/ - it was the first reply, obviously you don't watch enough "Reading Rainbow"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Excuse me sir but the original poster asked for all three episodes, not the shareware episode. Vetek made it clear that his site only has the first episode and not the rest. Seriously, you should go back to preschool and learn to read before dictating to us what to do. Besides, you're no help for those of us who interested in older games that are no longer sold because many of us didn't have a PC before 1990.

Old 04-10-2002, 12:22 PM   #11
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Actually, it's illegal to obtain the full version of that online, so you can't be discussing it here (remember the rules you agreed to when you signed up for these forums).

Old 04-10-2002, 01:56 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe3DR:
Actually, it's illegal to obtain the full version of that online, so you can't be discussing it here (remember the rules you agreed to when you signed up for these forums).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmm, I see a double standard here. Vetek has the full rights to discuss and distribute full versions of discontinued games but not anyone else. Since 3drealms is no longer selling Thor Trilogy, I don't see why others who never had a chance to buy it can't ask. I find it silly of 3drealms to discontinue certain DOS games over others. If they want to discontinue all DOS games pre-1991, they might as well discontinue the rest of the DOS games thereby keeping Max Payne and Balls of Steel as still available.

I would also like to see the rest of the thor trilogy given that I didn't have a PC in 1989. Sure, I got my first PC in 1993 but by then I couldn't even order the Thor Trilogy.

Old 04-10-2002, 02:00 PM   #13
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Some games we give permission for, not all of them. They're our games, it's up to us how we can do that. Vetek isn't the only one who could distribute the full versions of the games we've already given him permission to do. Anyone can do that.

However, if we haven't given permission, then you can't. No double standard.

Old 04-10-2002, 03:14 PM   #14
Crosma

Quote:
Originally posted by fjk63:
Vetek has the full rights to discuss and distribute full versions of discontinued games but not anyone else.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">...someone's not paying any attention.
Old 04-10-2002, 07:45 PM   #15
Vetek
Quote:
Hmmm, I see a double standard here. Vetek has the full rights to discuss and distribute full versions of discontinued games but not anyone else.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Of course! Thats because I am special, and everyone else is not! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] \

Anyways, I e-mailed Apogee about releasing the game packs, and recieved permission to do so. I would not have released them otherwise. As for Star Trek Trivia, Apogee dosen't own the rights to it, so they can't complain about it.

Quote:
Since 3drealms is no longer selling Thor Trilogy, I don't see why others who never had a chance to buy it can't ask.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A valid point, but abandonware can not be discussed on this board. Don't worry, you are not alone on this idea, but unfourtanetly, the companies usually don't oblige [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
I find it silly of 3drealms to discontinue certain DOS games over others. If they want to discontinue all DOS games pre-1991, they might as well discontinue the rest of the DOS games thereby keeping Max Payne and Balls of Steel as still available.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ummmm, how many ways can I say NO!!!!!!!!!!????

The discontinued games list is big enough, we really don't want to add to it. Check out www.apogeecentral.tk for the full discontinued list.

[ 04-10-2002, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Vetek ]