Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-28-2003, 07:37 PM   #1
Death Rally Music
Does anybody know how to get the music from the game separately? It seems to be contained in a file called musics.bpa. Anybody know anything about this file format and if anything can be done to extract the (music) data from it?

Alternatively, does anybody know of any existing midis of the music from death rally (midi appears to be the mus [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] ic format used?).

Thanks!

Old 04-28-2003, 07:43 PM   #2
Karthik
Re: Death Rally Music
If you have the retail version of DR(CD-Rom only) look under goodies and then under mods. All the music are in there and you can use winamp to play it.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
MSoles

Yeah, they aren't midi. They are s3m (Screamtracker 3) files, it's no surprising that Remedy would use those since they were part of a demo group called Future Crew before they split up.

I found a link where you can download the lost music file that wasn't featured in the goodies section of the CD-Rom.

http://boards.ign.com/videogame_musi...39108132/p1/?0

And here's the link itself for those who have trouble accessing IGN or are just too lazy.

ftp://ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/Sc...rd%20metal.s3m
Old 02-27-2009, 04:14 AM   #4
szevvy
If you still want this, give me a few days and I might be able to knock up an extractor for you - I've got decompression code, but it doesn't calculate file sizes properly so everything comes out with with several megs of padding.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:31 AM   #5
gila

ftp://ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/Sc...rple%20Motion/

download the death rally ones (obvious). oh. it was posted earlier (sort of).

just a note:

most of them have more than one song in one file! i.e. every stage theme music has also separate "pause" theme music for it. i used xmplay to play these files, but now i just use foobar2000 with according plugin.
Last edited by gila; 02-28-2009 at 05:33 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:53 AM   #6
steffu
thanks for the tips guys, i just signed up to say that i digg this!

i've been wanting to fiddle around with the 90s software synths for awhile now, the death rally music and the music from the first jagged alliance games among others is really cool. I've mostly recorded my instruments and done midi programming before so i hope it wont be too big a jump to start playing around with trackers... think im gonna try scream tracker with dosbox and see how it turns out but...

how about the samples? are the samples used in the death rally music imbedded in the *.s3m files?
Last edited by steffu; 07-15-2009 at 06:55 AM. Reason: helluva lot of typos
Old 07-15-2009, 07:02 AM   #7
GivingEverything
Yeah, they are. Download Modplug Tracker and open up the .s3m files individually. You'll see that they all have the samples built-in.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:57 AM   #8
steffu
Cool thanks! So you recommend the modplug tracker? I've been playing with the thought of running scream tracker 3 in dosbox, or maybe even putting togheter som old hardware and running it there.