Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Archives > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem Forever
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2010, 04:44 AM   #441
cof_3pc

cof_3pc's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
just because you don't like it does not make it 'shitty' - it just does not satisfy your taste. also, I believe alot of people call CoD a bad game because they disagree with the Activision policy to milk the cash cow (no dedicated servers, expensive downloadable content). Quality wise , Infinity Ward did a good job. You could argue for hours about the story - whether it was overdone or predictable.

bottom line is, your point of view is as valid as that of those who like the game. the same goes for everything else. only immature or mentally incapacitated people would believe their opinion is the only correct one.
If we all spent every bit of our time and energy acknowledging individual point of view and awareness of differences, there would be absolutely no point in voicing an opinion in the first place.
__________________
RAWR! I'm in the Duketard Guild, because I am a lvl 70 bad ass. "Eat shit and die!"
cof_3pc is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 05:26 AM   #442
ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
multiplayer is still fine, but yes the lack of dedicated servers is quite disturbing and possibly lead to the 'downfall' of the overall success. balancing a shooter is, oddly enough, not so easy - i mean look at the recent games out there; Bad Company 2 for example...

Players tend to run around with grenade launcher, because it's a quick and certain kill on close range. Now we all know that this is utterly wrong as the shells are meant to be shot against hard surface and the blast goes in the opposite direction - (example: shoot inside a room/building from outside to have it cleared).
Bad Company 2 is a perfect example of how to do MP. Hell, Battlefield 2 is too. This is modern shooting. CoD is just Quake with real guns.
__________________
My vision is augmented.
ZuljinRaynor is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 05:45 AM   #443
Waiter

Waiter's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresch View Post
THIS is a nice Avatar!
No, it's not. It's a na'vi. It's nice, but not an avatar.
__________________
"As you know, these are open forums, you're able to come and listen to what I have to say." - George W. Bush
"Adding "PERIOD" behind a sentence doesn't make you right. BASTA!" - Klaus Kinski
"There are some things that just aren't meant to be eaten." - Homer Simpson
Waiter is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 06:09 AM   #444
Xgthug
 

Xgthug's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarThrash View Post
No, that is a really overrated avatar
Coming from a person that generally hates ANYTHING adored by the m asses,
I can safely say that Avatar was undeniably good, and I saw it in it's least impressive way. ( DVD on SDTV )
Xgthug is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #445
dino

dino's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cof_3pc View Post
If we all spent every bit of our time and energy acknowledging individual point of view and awareness of differences, there would be absolutely no point in voicing an opinion in the first place.
I respectfully disagree - you can still state your opinion and be respectful towards others. You can base your opinion on facts rather than profanity. for example: it's more valuable to say "MW2 is inferior to BC2, due to a lack of dedicated server and unfortunate weapon balancing" than "MW2 is shitty", the latter sure is easier but doesn't make you look like a decent person to converse with in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuljinRaynor View Post
Bad Company 2 is a perfect example of how to do MP. Hell, Battlefield 2 is too. This is modern shooting. CoD is just Quake with real guns.
still it has its difficulty with balancing - I agree though it's done better and feels more original. BC2 feels more based on MP, whereas MW2 feels to be based on the SP.
__________________
GET TO THE CHOPPA!
It is the only way out...
dino is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 08:44 AM   #446
Johnion
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
Try again. You assumed that's what I meant because it's what you wanted to think is happening. I said no such thing. I was just being goofy. Nothing deeper. And no, I don't have facts on this issue. At this point, I don't know anything more than you do.
So freaking stop acting like you do, and you KNOW what I'm talking about...
Johnion is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #447
PredatorFL

PredatorFL's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Ok you know tat one guy that used to work for Microsoft can't think of the name, but how he showed off Halo 2 as a tatoo on his arm... I want GB to break open a trench coat and with his glorious moobs have a tatoo IT'S DONE.
PredatorFL is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #448
Xgthug
 

Xgthug's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredatorFL View Post
Ok you know tat one guy that used to work for Microsoft can't think of the name, but how he showed off Halo 2 as a tatoo on his arm... I want GB to break open a trench coat and with his glorious moobs have a tatoo IT'S DONE.
The reaction would be priceless, given how irrelevant 3DRealms is in this generation of gaming. (Not the way I'd like it to be, keep in mind. I love Apogee)

"Who's that fat guy? And what is "it" and why is "it" done? "

Xgthug is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #449
PredatorFL

PredatorFL's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
lol yes of course it's been 13 years hasn't it???
PredatorFL is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #450
ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
still it has its difficulty with balancing - I agree though it's done better and feels more original. BC2 feels more based on MP, whereas MW2 feels to be based on the SP.
MW2 was definitely made for the MP. Except what they did is try to make a competitive sport like deathmatch game.

As for balance in BC2, I don't really notice any issues with the weapons except people spamming with Gustav and the knife being broken. Shamless posting of my stats.
__________________
My vision is augmented.
ZuljinRaynor is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #451
cof_3pc

cof_3pc's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
I respectfully disagree - you can still state your opinion and be respectful towards others. You can base your opinion on facts rather than profanity. for example: it's more valuable to say "MW2 is inferior to BC2, due to a lack of dedicated server and unfortunate weapon balancing" than "MW2 is shitty", the latter sure is easier but doesn't make you look like a decent person to converse with in the first place.
Then don't converse, hippie.
__________________
RAWR! I'm in the Duketard Guild, because I am a lvl 70 bad ass. "Eat shit and die!"
cof_3pc is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #452
dino

dino's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cof_3pc View Post
Then don't converse, hippie.
throwing insults at eachother sure is the best way to have a discussion.

oh I forgot, it's the internet - people feel strong when they're anonymous.
__________________
GET TO THE CHOPPA!
It is the only way out...
dino is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #453
WarThrash

WarThrash's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
throwing insults at eachother sure is the best way to have a discussion.

oh I forgot, it's the internet - people feel strong when they're anonymous.
Actually I've never heard people in real life have a civilized argument either. I live in North Carolina, though, so it's normal for every Nascar and Chevy vs Ford argument to get violent.
__________________
RAAWR!
WarThrash is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #454
ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
I have civilized arguments all the time in real life.
__________________
My vision is augmented.
ZuljinRaynor is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #455
cof_3pc

cof_3pc's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
And that concludes this evenings episode of "Arrogant Trolls Are Preying"



Now back to the Thread!



So, how about that settlement, aye?
__________________
RAWR! I'm in the Duketard Guild, because I am a lvl 70 bad ass. "Eat shit and die!"
Last edited by cof_3pc; 06-17-2010 at 01:33 PM.
cof_3pc is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #456
Edli

Edli's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Bunch of whiny pricks, you all are.
Edli is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #457
makeamicgoboom
 
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
All it means is now 3DRealms, on top of not having a development team, also does not has a publisher.

Take 2, I'm guessing, and I'm probably right, didn't "lose" DNF, they didn't want DNF - a game that isn't being made. Seems pretty smart to me, deciding to not publish a game that doesn't exist.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arexx View Post

This is great as I just had an arguement with a friend about this game. I was telling him that this lawsuit won't go far because Take2 doesn't have a leg to stand on and when it's over, which should be any day now, the game will follow (after completion of course). He argued that this could go on for years and that it would never come out blah blah... he's always so negative. Talk about vindication... I've always had faith in 3DRealms doing this. Now they have more power than they had before, this game WILL be a HUGE hit and all the power is in their hands where it belongs. You can bet your ass I'll be rubbing it in my friends face!!!
lol, k, you let me know how that goes, champ
makeamicgoboom is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #458
cof_3pc

cof_3pc's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
What I don't get is why some people are here just to say, " lol it's never being made and you're all dumb."

Is that the way angsty teenagers actually say, "I really really want this game, but I am mad I don't have it right this second?"
__________________
RAWR! I'm in the Duketard Guild, because I am a lvl 70 bad ass. "Eat shit and die!"
cof_3pc is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #459
WoodenSword

WoodenSword's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeamicgoboom View Post
Seems pretty smart to me, deciding to not publish a game that doesn't exist.
__________________
------------------------------
When the chess game is over, the pawn and the king go back to the same box
WoodenSword is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #460
makeamicgoboom
 
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cof_3pc View Post
"

Is that the way angsty teenagers actually say, "I really really want this game, but I am mad I don't have it right this second?"
UHP YUO GOT ME DERP
but, no. it's cancelled. it was cancelled seven (count'em, seven)years ago. i cared maybe around 2001. but that's a long time ago.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenSword View Post
try and prove me wrong. show me the game. wait, you can't. k, moving on.
makeamicgoboom is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #461
Psyrgery

Psyrgery's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeamicgoboom View Post
try and prove me wrong. show me the game. wait, you can't. k, moving on.
When they were presented the game, Take2 were pretty impressed with the game and gameplay, so please stfu and gtfo.
__________________
George Broussard: Two facts: We haven't said anything. This forum is still open.
Psyrgery is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:38 PM   #462
WarThrash

WarThrash's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeamicgoboom View Post
UHP YUO GOT ME DERP
but, no. it's cancelled. it was cancelled seven (count'em, seven)years ago. i cared maybe around 2001. but that's a long time ago.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------



try and prove me wrong. show me the game. wait, you can't. k, moving on.
Uh publishers ALWAYS decide to publish games that don't exist. Are you saying that games have to get fully developed BEFORE a publisher decides publish the title?
__________________
RAAWR!
WarThrash is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #463
makeamicgoboom
 
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrgery View Post
When they were presented the game, Take2 were pretty impressed with the game and gameplay, so please stfu and gtfo.
source or stfu and gtfo. they're not publishing it now, are they? daaarp.

and i'm saying it's not being made anymore. no team. no one wants to touch it. you can't say there's a game when no one is working on it.
makeamicgoboom is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #464
ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarThrash View Post
Uh publishers ALWAYS decide to publish games that don't exist. Are you saying that games have to get fully developed BEFORE a publisher decides publish the title?
Not always. There are exceptions.
__________________
My vision is augmented.
ZuljinRaynor is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #465
WarThrash

WarThrash's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeamicgoboom View Post
source or stfu and gtfo. they're not publishing it now, are they? daaarp.

and i'm saying it's not being made anymore. no team. no one wants to touch it. you can't say there's a game when no one is working on it.

Well 3DR did say that it was still being developed in the court case. We still don't know the settlement facts either. I'd wait until that point at least to start saying the game is no longer in development/cancelled/finished/stuck in limbo for eternity
__________________
RAAWR!
WarThrash is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #466
makeamicgoboom
 
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Dude, coming up on 13 years. There's your point. No game takes this long unless there is something seriously ****** up with it.
makeamicgoboom is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #467
dino

dino's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
they're not gonna show it just because you demand it.

if dnf ever sees the light of day, I'm very much looking forward to play it. However, I'm not expecting to see it anytime soon - after all, we have been waiting for 13 years now - so whats another year or two?
__________________
GET TO THE CHOPPA!
It is the only way out...
dino is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #468
pjVgt

pjVgt's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edli View Post
Bunch of whiny pricks, you all are.
No, I will not be called a whiny prick by anyone pull Your fists pal.
pjVgt is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #469
Edli

Edli's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
they're not gonna show it just because you demand it.

if dnf ever sees the light of day, I'm very much looking forward to play it. However, I'm not expecting to see it anytime soon - after all, we have been waiting for 13 years now - so whats another year or two?
This.

Mic, stop your bitching. If you don't want to wait, go play other games that ARE out/coming out, and stop whining on the forums of an old developer that doesn't give a **** about you right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjVgt View Post
No, I will not be called a whiny prick by anyone pull Your fists pal.
I say my good sir, if you want a duel then so be it! Let us settle this like gentlemen; meet me in the churchyard at 12:00!
Edli is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #470
makeamicgoboom
 
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edli View Post
This.

stop whining on the forums of an old developer that doesn't give a **** about you right now.
Ah, so you do get it! The remnants of 3D Realms does, indeed, not give a FLYING F^UCK about any of the fans. They are trolling you, as they have been for the past 13 years! WINNAR!
makeamicgoboom is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #471
Edli

Edli's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeamicgoboom View Post
Ah, so you do get it! The remnants of 3D Realms does, indeed, not give a FLYING F^UCK about any of the fans. They are trolling you, as they have been for the past 13 years! WINNAR!
I don't really care if they don't care about me, that's business. What I care about is them putting out a good game.
Edli is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #472
Steve

Steve's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
All other events are pending
Steve is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 04:08 PM   #473
Conan of Cooma
 
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjVgt View Post
No, I will not be called a whiny prick by anyone pull Your fists pal.
WHINY PRICK!

*fists pulled*

(Whatever that means...)
Conan of Cooma is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #474
makeamicgoboom
 
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edli View Post
What I care about is them putting out a good game.
oh, i guess you don't get it then
makeamicgoboom is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #475
Sang

Sang's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
I think makeamicgoboom is a masterful troll on this page

Not that I agree with him. I do think DNF exists albeit possibly far from finished. I mean they leaked some video footage of it last year didn't they? Or was that just a series of photoshopped images
__________________
traB pu kcip
Sang is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #476
cof_3pc

cof_3pc's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Successful troll is successful.

I think he should drink bleach. Just saying.
__________________
RAWR! I'm in the Duketard Guild, because I am a lvl 70 bad ass. "Eat shit and die!"
cof_3pc is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #477
Zombie_Boy
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Speaking about Broussard..

Swear to god I saw his face in a tree, should I chop it down and preserve it for all to see? Maybe it'll become a holy symbol for all us DNF lovers to worship in the hopes DNF will be released within our lifetimes!
Zombie_Boy is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #478
glade23

glade23's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeamicgoboom View Post
Uh-huh. Well, when Broussard somehow manages to find his balls around all his enormous fat deposits and just announces that this game is cancelled, I'll be here.

Partying hard.

And we'll see who ends up drinking the bleach, champ.
serious trolling = please this account? what do you say damien?
glade23 is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #479
makeamicgoboom
 
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
it's not trolling if it's with a purpose, you fantastic whining retard.

you will never play nuke nukem forever. understand, let go, move on. and stop whining.
makeamicgoboom is offline  
Old 06-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #480
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Damien_Azreal's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
And with that this thread is over.

Basics... lawsuit settled. Nothing further info until details are released by either Take2 or 3DRealms. Done.
__________________
Monolith Fanboy since 1997

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Damien_Azreal is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:40 PM.

Page generated in 0.46504593 seconds (100.00% PHP - 0% MySQL) with 18 queries

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Website is 1987-2014 Apogee Software, Ltd.
Ideas and messages posted here become property of Apogee Software Ltd.