Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Archives > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem Forever
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #41
nebiatsu
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanazzo View Post
Waits for Jobivan to comment with something outlandish like the game is coming out tomorrow.
Hahahaha

"ZOMG! Lawsuite is over! And Joe is posting a LOT in the last few days, which means he is working for 3DR under-cover! That means DNF comes out in 11 days! (lawsuite + joe = 11)."

Heh
Sorry, couldnt resist.
nebiatsu is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #42
Altered Reality

Altered Reality's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Holy crap. I NEVER expected this.

EDIT:
Holy crap. I just realized that we got more media in the first month after the lawsuit was announced than we ever did BEFORE Take2 sued 3DRealms.
Oh well. Let's prepare for twenty years of nothing.
__________________
[...] We view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time. (Gabe Newell, Valve)
I'm the worst enemy in film-making and a completely talentless idiot. (Uwe Boll)
Faith is why you are wrong. (Crosma)
Last edited by Altered Reality; 06-11-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Altered Reality is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #43
WarThrash

WarThrash's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
I didn't say that. You need to re-read what I said. I said what I can vote for. I didn't say "what is happening" or "what is not happening".
Well I know it was just a "vote" but since you are friends with George I figure you know what you are talking about and that maybe you have some actual knowledge of whether or not Duke will be at E3. But you did "vote" for "not happening".

My reading is fine.
__________________
RAAWR!
Last edited by WarThrash; 06-11-2010 at 01:02 PM.
WarThrash is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #44
Psyrgery

Psyrgery's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe siegler View Post
i'd like to know who these "everyone else" people are.
read between the lines
__________________
George Broussard: Two facts: We haven't said anything. This forum is still open.
Psyrgery is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #45
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Joe Siegler's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarThrash View Post
Well I know it was just a "vote" but since you are friends with George I figure you know what you are talking about, and maybe you have some actual knowledge of whether or not Duke will be at E3. But you did "vote" for "not happening".

My reading is fine.
Try again. You assumed that's what I meant because it's what you wanted to think is happening. I said no such thing. I was just being goofy. Nothing deeper. And no, I don't have facts on this issue. At this point, I don't know anything more than you do.
__________________
Apogee / 3D Realms Employee: Dec 14, 1992 - May 22, 2009, Oct 23, 2014 - current

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Joe Siegler is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #46
Iggy

Iggy's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered Reality View Post
Holy crap. I NEVER expected this.
Spoiler:
__________________
Duke4Ever || The Game Collector's Market - Forum for game collectors.
"That Nordbergian wench could be a handful! Several." - Gnarl (Overlord 2)
Iggy is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #47
predl

predl's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
YES!!! come get some :-)
predl is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #48
Psyrgery

Psyrgery's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
According to Shacknows, the settling was made on May, the 14th.

Back to Duke Nukem's Facebook, on May the 17th

Duke Nukem ripped off its head, and read the newspaper.

So, that's what was all about
__________________
George Broussard: Two facts: We haven't said anything. This forum is still open.
Psyrgery is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #49
WarThrash

WarThrash's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
Try again. You assumed that's what I meant because it's what you wanted to think is happening. I said no such thing. I was just being goofy. Nothing deeper. And no, I don't have facts on this issue. At this point, I don't know anything more than you do.
Then I assumed wrong. Nothing bad about that

It's not wrong to think that you actually knew whether or not Duke would be at E3. You did used to work for 3D Realms. I didn't look for a "deeper meaning". I just assumed you were in the know, what with you being friends with George and all. But if you say you don't then, I believe it. Case closed
__________________
RAAWR!
WarThrash is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #50
rltafFe
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Just registered, only to say
Good news, good news indeed.

Congratulations 3dr
rltafFe is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #51
PredatorFL

PredatorFL's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
This is amazing news, now we just have to wait for the game... so far this is the best gaming-related news I have heard this year.
PredatorFL is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #52
Bam050196

Bam050196's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Yea, this is the best Gaming news I've heard all year too.
Bam050196 is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #53
Nacho

Nacho's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Nice news. Hopefully this means that the cogs in the machine start a turning again so 3D Realms can get back on their feet, not just for Duke's sake but for any IP they may have wanted to push out the door.
Nacho is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #54
bazboyz

bazboyz's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
what other song could celebrate the end of the lawsuit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAzv...eature=related
Duke Might be singing this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ops...eature=related
__________________
So long and thanks for all the fish .Dougles Adams
bazboyz is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #55
KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Alright this is weird. Just got done picking up the kids from school. They get home and first thing they do is fire up Duke3D on the Xbox 360. They haven't played it in MONTHS and I haven't said anything about what happened today.






The news has been Neo'd.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397967
Last edited by KaiserSoze; 06-11-2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Added url for Neogaf forum link discussing settlement
KaiserSoze is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #56
Duke's New Chainsaw

Duke's New Chainsaw's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
It's a sign!!!!
__________________
The Great Communicator!
Duke's New Chainsaw is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #57
WarThrash

WarThrash's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
I'm suspecting you held those kids at gunpoint to start playing it.

And no PS3? Pfft. Loser
__________________
RAAWR!
WarThrash is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #58
Altered Reality

Altered Reality's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Spoiler:
On the other hand, I expected THAT as soon as I typed the words "never expected".
__________________
[...] We view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time. (Gabe Newell, Valve)
I'm the worst enemy in film-making and a completely talentless idiot. (Uwe Boll)
Faith is why you are wrong. (Crosma)
Last edited by Altered Reality; 06-11-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Altered Reality is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #59
Iggy

Iggy's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered Reality View Post
On the other hand, I expected THAT as soon as I typed the words "never expected".
Liar.
__________________
Duke4Ever || The Game Collector's Market - Forum for game collectors.
"That Nordbergian wench could be a handful! Several." - Gnarl (Overlord 2)
Iggy is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #60
derdante
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Potential 2016 release confirmed.
derdante is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #61
WarThrash

WarThrash's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by derdante View Post
Potential 2XXX release confirmed.
fixed
__________________
RAAWR!
WarThrash is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #62
vincentdante

vincentdante's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Shock and awe indeed O.O
__________________
Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: Vincentdante

Tell me who you are from this forums if you add me to either.
vincentdante is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #63
ryche

ryche's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
It's about damn time they settled it.
__________________
{<- machines have no conscience ->}
{<- “Shoot him!” They say, Who will be the killer? Who will be the winner? ->}
ryche is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #64
KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarThrash View Post

And no PS3? Pfft. Loser
Look closer.
KaiserSoze is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #65
crunchy superman

crunchy superman's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
While this is definitely great news, it still only puts us right back in the same position we've been in for thirteen years. Not talking to us because of the lawsuit will likely be replaced with not talking to us because of . . . well, just because I guess.

edit: nice to see Joe posting more.
__________________

crunchy superman is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #66
WarThrash

WarThrash's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Oh, ok, it's one of those crappy slims......pfft, loser

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy superman View Post
While this is definitely great news, it still only puts us right back in the same position we've been in for thirteen years. Not talking to us because of the lawsuit will likely be replaced with not talking to us because of . . . well, just because I guess.

edit: nice to see Joe posting more.
or 13 more years of teasing and not actually getting anywhere with it. Can't rule that one out
__________________
RAAWR!
WarThrash is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #67
wayskobfssae

wayskobfssae's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebiatsu View Post
Hahahaha

"ZOMG! Lawsuite is over! And Joe is posting a LOT in the last few days, which means he is working for 3DR under-cover! That means DNF comes out in 11 days! (lawsuite + joe = 11)."

Heh
Sorry, couldnt resist.
Your math is off though. That's 11 YEARS, not days.
__________________
"A Nightingale in a Golden Cage... that's me locked inside Reality's Maze" -- Nightwish
wayskobfssae is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #68
KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Crunchy, why do you think Take 2 was willing to settle?[COLOR="Silver"]


War-my fat boy launch PS3 died a few months back.

Also, I wonder what the fate of Gearbox's "Duke Begins"
is......
Last edited by KaiserSoze; 06-11-2010 at 02:04 PM.
KaiserSoze is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #69
Kristian Joensen

Kristian Joensen's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
So two pieces of litigation news that I can be happy about in one day, first Novell winning Sco V Novell and now this? Cool.
Kristian Joensen is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #70
crunchy superman

crunchy superman's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserSoze View Post
Crunchy, why do you think Take 2 was willing to settle?
Yeah, probably so - and I certainly hope for that to be true. Still, I won't believe it just yet.
__________________

crunchy superman is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #71
WarThrash

WarThrash's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
I'll admit, I do wonder what the settlement details were. Maybe Take2 gave 3DR a definitive deadline for release, or maybe 3DR has to hire a new dev team. Or possibly 3DR just has to outsource the game to another dev company
__________________
RAAWR!
WarThrash is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #72
Hudson

Hudson's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Horray, now just another 12 years of development to go! Time to get the DNF staff back on trac.. oh wait
__________________
Staying Frosty Since 09/06/07 - I love you Katie <3
“Software is like sex; it's better when it's free.” - Linus Torvalds
“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” - Calvin & Hobbes
[INSERT SYSTEM SPECS THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT HERE]
Hudson is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #73
Psyrgery

Psyrgery's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy superman View Post
While this is definitely great news, it still only puts us right back in the same position we've been in for thirteen years. Not talking to us because of the lawsuit will likely be replaced with not talking to us because of . . . well, just because I guess.

edit: nice to see Joe posting more.
At least we know 3DR was shooting (it's this gramatically correct? ) for an exact date (November '09) and not the When it's done crap. So, thing is they were real close to that.

Anyway, the official release date is still When it's ******* done.
__________________
George Broussard: Two facts: We haven't said anything. This forum is still open.
Psyrgery is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #74
Kristian Joensen

Kristian Joensen's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
This lawsuit was filed May 14, 2009, Scott Miller said it would be over within a year and it was settled on May 14, 2010.
Kristian Joensen is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #75
hightreason

hightreason's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Well, it's about damn time, well done 3D Realms! Now hopefully we will get this game at some point and I can turn the volume up and scream "FFFFUUUUUUU*** YOOOUUUU!" at all the naysayers - just like I always wanted to.

It's weird, last night before I went to sleep I looked at these forums for a moment, and I had this weird feeling looking at the DNF forum, like I was kind of at ease and something was coming, but I didn't think it was this.

Now... If you will excuse me I'm going to lecture my friend about Duke Nukem and this lawsuit for a while.
__________________
High Treason
(My Website) (Second Site) (My YouTube)
Punk's not dead - and nor is Duke!
Ever get the feeling you are being ignored?
hightreason is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #76
WarThrash

WarThrash's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
This lawsuit was filed May 14, 2009, Scott Miller said it would be over within a year and it was settled on May 14, 2010.
ain't that some shit
__________________
RAAWR!
WarThrash is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #77
Hudson

Hudson's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Yes it must be a SIGN! OMG A SIGN! SEE I KNEW IT WAS ALL TRUE!!!!!!!!!1!

DNF @ E3 NOW LOL
__________________
Staying Frosty Since 09/06/07 - I love you Katie <3
“Software is like sex; it's better when it's free.” - Linus Torvalds
“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” - Calvin & Hobbes
[INSERT SYSTEM SPECS THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT HERE]
Hudson is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #78
scubagear

scubagear's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
Yes it must be a SIGN! OMG A SIGN! SEE I KNEW IT WAS ALL TRUE!!!!!!!!!1!

DNF @ E3 NOW LOL
Or Duke Begins...

Btw: D-Day is delivery-day :-)
scubagear is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #79
WarThrash

WarThrash's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
More like one of those watch-yu-ma-call-its? Coincidences?
__________________
RAAWR!
WarThrash is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #80
scubagear

scubagear's Avatar
Re: 3dr - take 2 lawsuit settled!
I'm always sayin' there is no coincidence, coincidence doesn't exists.
scubagear is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:34 AM.

Page generated in 0.27170110 seconds (100.00% PHP - 0% MySQL) with 16 queries

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Website is ©1987-2014 Apogee Software, Ltd.
Ideas and messages posted here become property of Apogee Software Ltd.