Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
8IronBob

CliffyB says good bye to Epic Games
Reactions, thoughts, comments? Here's the news:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Games - Kotaku
The creator of Gears of War has left his position at development studio Epic Games.

Epic announced the news in a blog post today, saying that designer Cliff Bleszinski has left to "chart the next stage of his career."

Bleszinski, who worked at Epic for 20 years, was often the face of the company and the creative vision behind Gears of War, Jazz Jackrabbit, and many of Epic's other games. He's well known for his outspoken views, openness with fans, and significant contributions to both the Unreal game franchise and the ubiquitous Unreal Engine.

"In 20 wonderful years with Epic, Cliff Bleszinski has grown into a true design luminary, and his contributions to the ‘Unreal' and ‘Gears' series have helped shape the game industry into what it is today," wrote Epic founder and CEO Tim Sweeney. "Cliff leaves Epic with our gratitude for his many contributions, and our wishes for continued success in the next chapter of his life!"
Source: http://kotaku.com/5948741/cliff-bles...ves-epic-games
Old 10-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Re: CliffyB says good bye to Epic Games
Read about it a couple weeks ago... my reaction to it was thus that I didn't bother to make a thread about it.

I've had little respect or interest in Epic in recent years. With the best thing they've done being producing BulletStorm. And Cliffy's attitude towards PC gaming during the Gears of War 2 and 3 run didn't help.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 10-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
crunchy superman

Re: CliffyB says good bye to Epic Games
Same here. For me, UT2K4 was the last great game with their name on it.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
Wamplet

Thumbs up Re: CliffyB says good bye to Epic Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
Read about it a couple weeks ago... my reaction to it was thus that I didn't bother to make a thread about it.

I've had little respect or interest in Epic in recent years. With the best thing they've done being producing BulletStorm. And Cliffy's attitude towards PC gaming during the Gears of War 2 and 3 run didn't help.
I saw this as well and just didn't even see the guy as being relevant to gaming anymore, no offense to him. It's just that i really can't recall anything creative or visionary from him or Epic in a very long time.
"By god... Wamp has a point." -Damien_Azreal