Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #41
rockmanekuzu8

rockmanekuzu8's Avatar
Arrow Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy2 View Post
Please Rockman, stop the silly uber fanatic threads/posts, you only make real duke fans look like idiots
No I don't, that's only if you feel that way, but you know Duke's the man dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando Nukem View Post
You're not being funny or witty. This is rapidly growing annoying. Its one thing to be a fan of Duke, its another to pick a target and just start ramming up the rear because you think duke is a "real man" because he acts like what would be considered a BONEHEAD in military circles. Dukes world lends to his attitude and bravado. Snakes' doesnt.

This thread should go to thread Hell imho. Too bad 3DR doesnt have a thread hell though.
Ok if you say so may be it should, and DUKE'S NOT A BONEHEAD. Duke's a Real Man who doesn't need to Sneak and Hide to Kick Ass, he is too much of a Pure Bad ass. He is much better than that to resort to such wussy stealth tactics. At least some people here and abroad this forum understand my points that I used to be a MGS fan too and I consider Duke Better for REAL ASS KICKING REASONS.
__________________
What can I say I'm just a God-Fearing Peace Loving Patriotic Enthusiastic Pure Hardcore True Duke Fan.
Prepare to Witness the Might and Power of a REAL TRUE EPIC LEGEND!! DNF WILL ROCK YOU!! ARE YOU READY!! ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!! :) :)
Last edited by rockmanekuzu8; 06-21-2008 at 03:58 PM.
rockmanekuzu8 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #42
fast-1

fast-1's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
After reading this heated debate and liking both characters I drew a funny.



http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8...olidsnayk2.jpg
fast-1 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #43
rockmanekuzu8

rockmanekuzu8's Avatar
Arrow Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
This thread needs a comic with Duke standing atop of snake while blasting his shotgun and puffing a cigar.
HAHA yeah dude that would be cool!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commander View Post
Has this thread really got anything to do with Duke or is it just game bashing?
I think you can see the Truth clearly dude what this thread is for...
__________________
What can I say I'm just a God-Fearing Peace Loving Patriotic Enthusiastic Pure Hardcore True Duke Fan.
Prepare to Witness the Might and Power of a REAL TRUE EPIC LEGEND!! DNF WILL ROCK YOU!! ARE YOU READY!! ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!! :) :)
rockmanekuzu8 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #44
Commando Nukem

Commando Nukem's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanekuzu8 View Post
No I don't
Yes, you do. I love Duke, but you're just nails-to-chalkboard bad with fanboyism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanekuzu8 View Post
Ok if you say so may be it should, but at least some people understand my points that I used to be a MGS fan too and I consider Duke Better for REAL ASS KICKING REASONS.
Understand your "points" ? You say right off the bat in your first post "MGS is for wussys." I get your points, and I see them with a "your wrong" card. Its one thing to say "I like blank" its another to say "I like blank, and if you like this over here - Well, you're gay."

Y'know, Snake has blown up a few giant robot mechs, and taken on armies by himself. I dont see how hes any different then Duke, except in the way he does things. Its much like the "first person" vs "third person" arguement.

See what im saying? "DNF ROCKS AND ANYONE WHO DISSAGREES IS JUST A WUSS!!!" is just plain rude. Duke rocks, for his reasons, Snake rocks for his. Theres no need for this flamebait BS.
__________________
Open Maw Productions
Commando Nukem is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #45
rockmanekuzu8

rockmanekuzu8's Avatar
Arrow Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Oh and one more thing, does any one have Super Smash Bros. Brawl here? Can you believe that Snake can get beaten by Team StarFox? If they can beat Snake, Duke would rip Snake to pieces with or without a Weapon. I welcome challenges by Snake Fans in Brawl, My Fox is waiting to tear Snake to pieces. Email me your Brawl Code if you're interested in an ass-whooping...
__________________
What can I say I'm just a God-Fearing Peace Loving Patriotic Enthusiastic Pure Hardcore True Duke Fan.
Prepare to Witness the Might and Power of a REAL TRUE EPIC LEGEND!! DNF WILL ROCK YOU!! ARE YOU READY!! ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!! :) :)
rockmanekuzu8 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 04:04 PM   #46
rockmanekuzu8

rockmanekuzu8's Avatar
Arrow Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando Nukem View Post
Yes, you do. I love Duke, but you're just nails-to-chalkboard bad with fanboyism.



Understand your "points" ? You say right off the bat in your first post "MGS is for wussys." I get your points, and I see them with a "your wrong" card. Its one thing to say "I like blank" its another to say "I like blank, and if you like this over here - Well, you're gay."

Y'know, Snake has blown up a few giant robot mechs, and taken on armies by himself. I dont see how hes any different then Duke, except in the way he does things. Its much like the "first person" vs "third person" arguement.

See what im saying? "DNF ROCKS AND ANYONE WHO DISSAGREES IS JUST A WUSS!!!" is just plain rude. Duke rocks, for his reasons, Snake rocks for his. Theres no need for this flamebait BS.
I understand your point and see the light as well, but this topic was made ONLY for fun and to Test your Duke Fan Level Strength. It's Definitely not for flaming or negative actions as people see it as...

Let me ask all the people here who support Snake something:

Who do you like more Duke or Snake? If you like Snake more explain EXACTLY WHY, because I already explained WHY I prefer Duke over Snake.
__________________
What can I say I'm just a God-Fearing Peace Loving Patriotic Enthusiastic Pure Hardcore True Duke Fan.
Prepare to Witness the Might and Power of a REAL TRUE EPIC LEGEND!! DNF WILL ROCK YOU!! ARE YOU READY!! ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!! :) :)
rockmanekuzu8 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 04:13 PM   #47
fast-1

fast-1's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
I like Solid Snake just as much as I like Duke Nukem. I also like Sam Fisher you know who he is folks.

If the game which Snake is about is stealth while not much action as in a game with Duke. Duke prefers to shoot first ask questions later. Snake is about not being seen by the enemy Duke is about shooting as much of those baddies as you can while laughing too.

One reason I like Snake, but not after MGS 1, is that Raiden takes over 80% of the game, in MGS 3 it's not Solid Snake but Big Boss when he was younger, in MGS 4 it's old Snake. Holding up the enemy in the game is great when you get it right they give you items, you achieve something, also the Codec speaking to the Colonel Roy Campbell and other people adds to the atmostphere which is the best thing.

another story.
Last edited by fast-1; 06-21-2008 at 04:15 PM.
fast-1 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #48
rockmanekuzu8

rockmanekuzu8's Avatar
Arrow Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast-1 View Post
I like Solid Snake just as much as I like Duke Nukem. I also like Sam Fisher you know who he is folks.

If the game which Snake is about is stealth while not much action as in a game with Duke. Duke prefers to shoot first ask questions later. Snake is about not being seen by the enemy Duke is about shooting as much of those baddies as you can while laughing too.

One reason I like Snake, but not after MGS 1, is that Raiden takes over 80% of the game, in MGS 3 it's not Solid Snake but Big Boss when he was younger, in MGS 4 it's old Snake. Holding up the enemy in the game is great when you get it right they give you items, you achieve something, also the Codec speaking to the Colonel Roy Campbell and other people adds to the atmostphere which is the best thing.

another story.
I see...

Well also Is any one going to give me a challenge in Brawl or what?
I'm looking for some Snakes to make Snake Skin Boots out of, who's first?

Brawl Code:
For RMX8

2664 1844 8383

My Fox is waiting...
__________________
What can I say I'm just a God-Fearing Peace Loving Patriotic Enthusiastic Pure Hardcore True Duke Fan.
Prepare to Witness the Might and Power of a REAL TRUE EPIC LEGEND!! DNF WILL ROCK YOU!! ARE YOU READY!! ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!! :) :)
Last edited by rockmanekuzu8; 06-21-2008 at 04:44 PM.
rockmanekuzu8 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #49
fast-1

fast-1's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
I don't have an Nintendo Wii only a PS2 which I do not have a network adapter.

So I'm out.

But if I did .

Gametap ? http://www.gametap.com/play/index.html
Last edited by fast-1; 06-21-2008 at 05:55 PM.
fast-1 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #50
alexgk

alexgk's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanekuzu8 View Post
As In Horse Crap what do you mean? Are you implying one of them is horse crap? If so than that better be Snake. Or you could've said that it's like comparing Apples and Oranges.
No, I never implied anything. I just said it's pointless, and really stupid, to compare those characters, 'cause they don't have nothing in common...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanekuzu8 View Post
It's not an attack but a test to see who prefers Duke over Snake mainly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanekuzu8 View Post
You know Duke's the man, and Snake's a Wuss compared to him...
Now you're being offensive for those who prefer Snake over Duke. This should get locked, and quickly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy2 View Post
Please Rockman, stop the silly uber fanatic threads/posts, you only make real duke fans look like idiots
Agreed...
__________________
Playable demo this year! Confirmed!!
Last edited by alexgk; 06-21-2008 at 06:44 PM.
alexgk is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 07:07 PM   #51
ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanekuzu8 View Post
Why not Duke kicks the most ass without having to Sneak and Hide like a Wuss. Duke's the Real Man in Reality, while Snake in fantasy land is sneaking + hiding in most of the game usually. Just to kick ass and behind people too like a bi**h!!
Clearly this statement shows your intelligence. Stealth is just important as being able to kick lots of ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
Duke is the winner.

Snake was cool but I always liked Sam Fisher better. Michael Ironside is right up there with Duke as far as voice acting goes.

Top 3 game charaters...

1. Duke Nukem
2. Sam Fisher
3. Solid Snake
I liked Sam Fisher better until DA. They really screwed him up. His stealth was always more stealth than Snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanekuzu8 View Post
[I like Syphon Filter]
The fact that you keep bringing up Syphon Filter sums it up for me. A one hit wonder series really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
The problem with the mentioned games is the gameplay. The point being that Sypon Filter has the more combat friendly gameplay then the other stealth games such as mgs and sc.

gameplay wise the list would be like this..

1.Syphon Filter
2. Splinter Cell
3. metal gear

Metal gear being the lowest scorer because the player has less action and more stealth. In MGS the player has crap gun controls and this is a major bummer. Could you imagine how awesome mgs would be if you could go fps?
False. Splinter Cell is the most stealth, and the most realistic stealth. Metal Gear Solid is a perfect blend with not as stupid AI like Splinter Cell. And once again, Syphon Filter is a one hit wonder, nothing special after the first really. And that game isn't as stealth as Splinter Cell or MGS.
ZuljinRaynor is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #52
Ironside
 
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
For me metal Gear was a one hit wonder. I only played mgs. The others were krap. I played a few spyphon filters game.

So you got it backwards man.

And the fact that Snake is a clone makes it a bit confuseing which Snake you are. I liked the Solid Snake in mgs. Now your the original snake I think, the old dude. Your big boss from the original game from the 80s.

Hey I dont mind Solid Snkae but so far the only game I liked was mgs.
Last edited by Ironside; 06-21-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Ironside is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 07:57 PM   #53
alexgk

alexgk's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
I only played mgs. The others were krap.
Explain this. How do you know they were crap if you didn't play them?
__________________
Playable demo this year! Confirmed!!
alexgk is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #54
ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
For me metal Gear was a one hit wonder. I only played mgs. The others were krap. I played a few spyphon filters game.

So you got it backwards man.
Only someone crazy can claim that the gameplay in MGS is better than the others. Each MGS evolved the gameplay. The story I like best in MGS1 but to say that the others are crap is just the most farfetched statement possible.

Also besides the frist Syphon Filter, the others not on the PSP were alright. The PSP ones are pretty good, and back on the right lane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
And the fact that Snake is a clone makes it a bit confuseing which Snake you are. I liked the Solid Snake in mgs. Now your the original snake I think, the old dude. Your big boss from the original game from the 80s.
Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 is Solid Snake. Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid 3 Portable Ops are Big Boss. It's not confusing if you read the manuals.
ZuljinRaynor is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:34 PM   #55
Ironside
 
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Oh ok my bad

come to think of it the first time I played Solid Snkae was in Metal Gear 20 years ago. That would make him the oldest game character i played.

So is that him in your avatar Zuljin?
Ironside is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #56
Spooger

Spooger's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
MGS1, 2, and 4 are all about Solid Snake. It's his story. The fact that Snake is old in MGS4 is a plot element which you're not likely to understand unless you play the game. So long as you've played MGS1, it's not hugely important to have played any of the older games (they are only touched upon in MGS4).

MGS3 is about Naked Snake (later known as Big Boss). He's the genetic father of Solid Snake, and MGS3 lays down the groundwork to "getting" the deep history of the series.

I agree that the MGS series has only evolved since MGS1. MGS4 is the latest, greatest, and friendliest incarnation yet -- it drops a LOT of the mechanics that made the older games a chore to play, and basically plays like you'd expect a contemporary stealth/action game to play.

It's very story heavy; so don't bother with it if you don't understand the other games. The barrier of entry to "getting" MGS4 is set pretty high.
Spooger is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #57
miuzaki

miuzaki's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Enough. allthough me personaly by a single foot length (about 3 % more)i perfer snake.but truthfully no one
could know who could win.its your choice, ALEIN ASSKICKING ACTION. or TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION.if duke decided to nuke the place, theres not much snake can do.
but if duke cant find snake, whats he gonna do? there is no way to tell. P.S. me ive allways thought it would be cool to be as noticable as a fly on the wall. thats just me
__________________
Metallica-Fuel
Deftones-Elite
Disturbed-Droping Plates
miuzaki is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #58
ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
Oh ok my bad

come to think of it the first time I played Solid Snkae was in Metal Gear 20 years ago. That would make him the oldest game character i played.

So is that him in your avatar Zuljin?
My avatar would be of Big Boss from MGS4. Solid Snake doesn't have an eye-patch.
ZuljinRaynor is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 11:45 PM   #59
rockmanekuzu8

rockmanekuzu8's Avatar
Arrow Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Sorry I messed around with the Quotes so My Responses are inside...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgk View Post
No, I never implied anything. I just said it's pointless, and really stupid, to compare those characters, 'cause they don't have nothing in common...

My Response:
Exactly they have nothing common, especially since Snake is some kind of Legendary Soldier who likes to kill people from behind usually. While Duke doesn't need to use Stealth at all, he's a one man killing machine that is nearly unstoppable...

AlexGK's Quote:
Now you're being offensive for those who prefer Snake over Duke. This should get locked, and quickly...

My Response:
Not really.

AlexGK's Quote:
Agreed...
My Response:
I Agreed to that already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuljinRaynor View Post
Clearly this statement shows your intelligence. Stealth is just important as being able to kick lots of ass.

My Response:
Well you don't need too much Stealth either, In Syphon Filter you don't need to use it much as compared to Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid.

ZuljinRaynor's Quote:
I liked Sam Fisher better until DA. They really screwed him up. His stealth was always more stealth than Snake.

My Response:
Yes his Stealth was better until Double Agent came along...

ZuljinRaynor's Quote:
The fact that you keep bringing up Syphon Filter sums it up for me. A one hit wonder series really.

My Response:
Well I like it a lot better than Metal Gear and Splinter Cell because you use Stealth less and kick more ass. Splinter Cell is my second favorite game and Metal Gear Solid forget that Fantasy So called Realistic Game. Somewhat it is but not entirely, especially with the bat shit insane stories in it which are one of the good reasons that drove me away from that nonsense.


ZuljinRaynor's Quote:
False. Splinter Cell is the most stealth, and the most realistic stealth. Metal Gear Solid is a perfect blend with not as stupid AI like Splinter Cell. And once again, Syphon Filter is a one hit wonder, nothing special after the first really. And that game isn't as stealth as Splinter Cell or MGS.
My Response:
Yeah that's right, Splinter Cell is the most Realistic Stealth Game than MGS. If I want to play a REAL STEALTH GAME with A REAL STORY, I will play Splinter Cell not MGS.
__________________
What can I say I'm just a God-Fearing Peace Loving Patriotic Enthusiastic Pure Hardcore True Duke Fan.
Prepare to Witness the Might and Power of a REAL TRUE EPIC LEGEND!! DNF WILL ROCK YOU!! ARE YOU READY!! ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!! :) :)
Last edited by rockmanekuzu8; 06-21-2008 at 11:51 PM.
rockmanekuzu8 is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #60
Commando Nukem

Commando Nukem's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanekuzu8 View Post
Yeah that's right, Splinter Cell is the most Realistic Stealth Game than MGS. If I want to play a REAL STEALTH GAME with A REAL STORY, I will play Splinter Cell not MGS.
MGS has a "REAL" story just as much as SPLINTER CELL. Just stop already.
__________________
Open Maw Productions
Commando Nukem is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 12:10 AM   #61
rockmanekuzu8

rockmanekuzu8's Avatar
Cool Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by miuzaki View Post
Enough. allthough me personaly by a single foot length (about 3 % more)i perfer snake.but truthfully no one
could know who could win.its your choice, ALEIN ASSKICKING ACTION. or TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION.if duke decided to nuke the place, theres not much snake can do.
but if duke cant find snake, whats he gonna do? there is no way to tell. P.S. me ive allways thought it would be cool to be as noticable as a fly on the wall. thats just me
What if Snake didn't using his stealth and fought Duke? Then what? Well from what you said it's your choice... Then I'd say from a 99% Analysis Snake doesn't Stand a Chance Period, whether you guys believe it or not.

The point is Duke Rocks, Snake doesn't.
Syphon Filter and Splinter Cell are much more Realistic Games than MGS will ever be. Splinter Cell is the most stealthiest, while Syphon Filter is the least. In Syphon Filter you don't need Stealth very much, that's why I like SF best, because you use Stealth less and kick more ass. However I like Duke the best, he kicks the most ass like A REAL MAN, DUKE NUKEM FOREVER.
__________________
What can I say I'm just a God-Fearing Peace Loving Patriotic Enthusiastic Pure Hardcore True Duke Fan.
Prepare to Witness the Might and Power of a REAL TRUE EPIC LEGEND!! DNF WILL ROCK YOU!! ARE YOU READY!! ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!! :) :)
rockmanekuzu8 is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 12:37 AM   #62
Mama Luigi
 
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
rockmanekuzu8, you make me angry for being an all out butt face And i like how most of the people here who say snake is cool -i agree, snake is pretty badass- they provide facts and give good detail on why people like him and how he is cool in his own way, the ONLY thing you say, rockmanekuzu8 is "ZOMG EYE LUV DUK3 NUK3M LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL SNAKE SUKZ" Please, tell me, why can you not accept the fact that snake is cool in his own way? everything everyone has said about snake is like, true, his games sell great and MGS4 has had excellent reviews, why can you not accept that snake and duke nukem are cool? hell, i bet if they teamed up they could make a badass team, duke saving the earth from ground forces and snake sneaking around on a mothership taking out aliens his own style.

Sorry for the poor quality of this post, the A/C is out in my house and i am grumpy.
Mama Luigi is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 12:48 AM   #63
rockmanekuzu8

rockmanekuzu8's Avatar
Arrow Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando Nukem View Post
MGS has a "REAL" story just as much as SPLINTER CELL. Just stop already.
You know it doesn't... And it's not very Real as the Syphon Filter and Splinter Cell's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Luigi View Post
rockmanekuzu8, you make me angry for being an all out butt face And i like how most of the people here who say snake is cool -i agree, snake is pretty badass- they provide facts and give good detail on why people like him and how he is cool in his own way, the ONLY thing you say, rockmanekuzu8 is "ZOMG EYE LUV DUK3 NUK3M LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL SNAKE SUKZ" Please, tell me, why can you not accept the fact that snake is cool in his own way? everything everyone has said about snake is like, true, his games sell great and MGS4 has had excellent reviews, why can you not accept that snake and duke nukem are cool? hell, i bet if they teamed up they could make a badass team, duke saving the earth from ground forces and snake sneaking around on a mothership taking out aliens his own style.

Sorry for the poor quality of this post, the A/C is out in my house and i am grumpy.
Mama Luigi, man those youtube poops about him are Really funny!! Any ways Snake is cool if you like people who Sneak and Hide and kill their Enemies from behind. Meanwhile Duke is Super Cool he doesn't need no Stealth he's too good of an Ass Kicker for it. You people can like Snake all you want to and consider him cool or whatever.

However the Truth is the Truth: What's cooler a guy that Sneaks and Hides while Snipes and Silences 75% of the Game. Or a True Bad ass Hardcore Ass Kicker who gets the job done as a Real Man would. And Duke doesn't even need much help either, he does it all alone and without communication from any one unlike Snake.

Snake is nowhere as badass as Duke, nor will ever be... Duke's the greatest ass kicker of gaming and you know it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pqXS4_yRVI

Always Bet On Duke!!
End of Story...
__________________
What can I say I'm just a God-Fearing Peace Loving Patriotic Enthusiastic Pure Hardcore True Duke Fan.
Prepare to Witness the Might and Power of a REAL TRUE EPIC LEGEND!! DNF WILL ROCK YOU!! ARE YOU READY!! ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!! :) :)
Last edited by rockmanekuzu8; 06-22-2008 at 12:51 AM.
rockmanekuzu8 is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 01:02 AM   #64
Mama Luigi
 
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanekuzu8 View Post
You know it doesn't... And it's not very Real as the Syphon Filter and Splinter Cell's.


Mama Luigi, man those youtube poops about him are Really funny!! Any ways Snake is cool if you like people who Sneak and Hide and kill their Enemies from behind. Meanwhile Duke is Super Cool he doesn't need no Stealth he's too good of an Ass Kicker for it. You people can like Snake all you want to and consider him cool or whatever. However the Truth is the Truth:

Snake is nowhere as badass as Duke, nor will ever be... Duke's the greatest ass kicker of gaming and you know it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pqXS4_yRVI

Always Bet On Duke!!
End of Story...
Good, i like where this is going, understanding is the key to win here duke does not need to be sneaky and use cunning plans and tactics to take out a few people, because in his world, he is equipped with all the tools necessary to wipe out an attacking alien armada, he has big, badass weapons and the strength of a god to take multiple rounds of bullets and other alien weaponry and not even leave a scratch, which makes him the most badass alien ass kicker around in HIS world. But in snakes, he has the gifts of a human being, he is forced to rely on being sneaky use the techniques that only regular humans can use, but the way he uses them makes him a hero in HIS world too. So they are both badasses in their own worlds. And i am a big fan of Duke, but Master Chief is my cup of tea at the moment, but it will most likely change when Forever comes out, but until then, i will just play Halo 3 online
Mama Luigi is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 02:01 AM   #65
Spooger

Spooger's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Alright, here we go:

I like Duke because he's strong, dumb, fun, and -- based on what I've seen -- likes the following: booze (which I love), chicks (which I dig), and killing shit (which, you know, is fun doing with a computer!). He's a simple-minded killer who doesn't age, grow a beard, or stick with the times. He pops one-liners that he thinks are cool even when other people make fun of him for it. Frankly, he doesn't care what anybody thinks... 80 years from now, he'll be in his mid-30's with a flattop and a shrink gun, talking about parkin' bricks and stuffin' benjamins down some skanky whore's g-string. He's everything you think you want to be but never can be, nomatter how much alcohol you drink, or chicks you ****. He may not even be human.

I love Snake because he's a hero, despite his seemingly neverending plea to suggest he isn't. I like him because he's human. He ages, he works hard, and he selflessly gives without ever wanting anything in return. He kills, not because he wants to, but because he has to. Some years from now he'll be dead, and there'll be some newer, better hero to take his place. He doesn't get ego points when he slits a throat, and doesn't have time to crack a one-liner or two when he's infiltrating a base filled with high-tech unmanned weaponry, or trained PMC soldiers. He's old. His back aches when he walks, and he can't hold his gun steady. He smokes and then coughs. He gets beat up, stabbed, shot at, and other terrible things. He's human, though, and he saves the world all by himself.

So, yeah, I like Duke and Snake. They're polar opposites, but the bottomline is this: They get their jobs done their way. You try saving the world all by yourself, wussy.
Last edited by Spooger; 06-22-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Spooger is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 10:22 AM   #66
ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanekuzu8 View Post
Yeah that's right, Splinter Cell is the most Realistic Stealth Game than MGS. If I want to play a REAL STEALTH GAME with A REAL STORY, I will play Splinter Cell not MGS.
The Story in Splinter Cell isn't all that great. The writing is rather weak often with the same generic cliches that most Tom Clancy games have.
ZuljinRaynor is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 10:36 AM   #67
alexgk

alexgk's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanekuzu8 View Post
Sorry I messed around with the Quotes so My Responses are inside...
OMG! You're so creative!
__________________
Playable demo this year! Confirmed!!
alexgk is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #68
timothy2
Guest
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Rockman...first it was halo...master queef, cheese, whatever...then GTA IV...Now MGS4... what's next?
 
Old 06-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #69
LarsBM

LarsBM's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Snake has no chance to beat Duke. nuff said.
__________________
Odin could bitchslap ALL the modern gods, but in His infinite wisdom He chooses not to.

"The best activities for your health are pumping and humping." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
LarsBM is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 02:46 PM   #70
Commando Nukem

Commando Nukem's Avatar
Smile Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooger View Post
Alright, here we go:

I like Duke because he's strong, dumb, fun, and -- based on what I've seen -- likes the following: booze (which I love), chicks (which I dig), and killing shit (which, you know, is fun doing with a computer!). He's a simple-minded killer who doesn't age, grow a beard, or stick with the times. He pops one-liners that he thinks are cool even when other people make fun of him for it. Frankly, he doesn't care what anybody thinks... 80 years from now, he'll be in his mid-30's with a flattop and a shrink gun, talking about parkin' bricks and stuffin' benjamins down some skanky whore's g-string. He's everything you think you want to be but never can be, nomatter how much alcohol you drink, or chicks you ****. He may not even be human.

I love Snake because he's a hero, despite his seemingly neverending plea to suggest he isn't. I like him because he's human. He ages, he works hard, and he selflessly gives without ever wanting anything in return. He kills, not because he wants to, but because he has to. Some years from now he'll be dead, and there'll be some newer, better hero to take his place. He doesn't get ego points when he slits a throat, and doesn't have time to crack a one-liner or two when he's infiltrating a base filled with high-tech unmanned weaponry, or trained PMC soldiers. He's old. His back aches when he walks, and he can't hold his gun steady. He smokes and then coughs. He gets beat up, stabbed, shot at, and other terrible things. He's human, though, and he saves the world all by himself.

So, yeah, I like Duke and Snake. They're polar opposites, but the bottomline is this: They get their jobs done their way. You try saving the world all by yourself, wussy.
Preach on brother. Music to my ears. That is EXACTLY what i've been trying to say.
__________________
Open Maw Productions
Commando Nukem is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #71
Western Shinobi

Western Shinobi's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
...one last time. This thread fails. Duke wins........I don't like these threads. It turns people into blenders and compare things that should never be compared, destroying the world.
__________________
-Brad Newsom
President/Founder

http://www.vigilantec.com/
http://www.westernshinobi.com/
Western Shinobi is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #72
LarsBM

LarsBM's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanekuzu8 View Post
Ok if you say so may be it should, and DUKE'S NOT A BONEHEAD. Duke's a Real Man who doesn't need to Sneak and Hide to Kick Ass, he is too much of a Pure Bad ass. He is much better than that to resort to such wussy stealth tactics. At least some people here and abroad this forum understand my points that I used to be a MGS fan too and I consider Duke Better for REAL ASS KICKING REASONS.
I understand your points and I totally agree.

I can enjoy stealth characters a lot too, Im a big fan of the Hitman and Thief series, but when it comes to being genuinely bad ass, nothing beats the beefy kick-down-the-door action heroes like Duke, Arnold, Stallone, and so on.
__________________
Odin could bitchslap ALL the modern gods, but in His infinite wisdom He chooses not to.

"The best activities for your health are pumping and humping." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
LarsBM is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #73
rockmanekuzu8

rockmanekuzu8's Avatar
Arrow Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
All right we're good to go here that's all I needed to know, moderator you may close this board.

However if any of you have Super Smash Bros. Brawl, My Fox is looking for a good challenge if you do to decide to challenge me with Snake or anyone else...

Email me at what time you would like to Brawl...
Brawl Code:
For RMX8

2664 1844 8383

My Fox is waiting and is really hungry...
__________________
What can I say I'm just a God-Fearing Peace Loving Patriotic Enthusiastic Pure Hardcore True Duke Fan.
Prepare to Witness the Might and Power of a REAL TRUE EPIC LEGEND!! DNF WILL ROCK YOU!! ARE YOU READY!! ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!! :) :)
rockmanekuzu8 is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 04:36 PM   #74
rockmanekuzu8

rockmanekuzu8's Avatar
Duke Nukem Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgk View Post
OMG! You're so creative!
HAHA Not always, and I know you don't mean that as a compliment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy2 View Post
Rockman...first it was halo...master queef, cheese, whatever...then GTA IV...Now MGS4... what's next?
Well you know why I am against them dude, I'm a HardCore GOD Fearing Duke FAN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsBM View Post
Snake has no chance to beat Duke. nuff said.
All right it's good enough for me, Moderator please close this topic.

And Remember any Snake Challengers who Play Brawl, I await you, please email me when you'd like to Brawl once again:

Brawl Code:
For RMX8

2664 1844 8383

My Fox is waiting...
__________________
What can I say I'm just a God-Fearing Peace Loving Patriotic Enthusiastic Pure Hardcore True Duke Fan.
Prepare to Witness the Might and Power of a REAL TRUE EPIC LEGEND!! DNF WILL ROCK YOU!! ARE YOU READY!! ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!! :) :)
rockmanekuzu8 is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #75
StrikerMan780

StrikerMan780's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Rockman, your ******* overzealous Fanboyism is really getting on my nerves..... reminds me of a halo fanboi. You bash halo fanbois, and other games in general WHICH HAVE BEEN RELEASED, while acting like one for DNF, and DNF hasn't even been released and yet you are already that way.... A insane blind fanboi. Hypocrasy, it's what's for dinner.

You: OMG LAWLAWLAWL OMFGLOLOLOLLOLDUKEIStheRox0rsandpwnsawljoob1tch3s! 111elevenelevenoneoneoneone

For one, Duke ain't realistic at all... Try to take on 300 people "Like a real man" and Live to tell the tale, or look for anthropomorphic pigs wearing cop uniforms. Something tells me you haven't even done any research on mercenaries, or military tactics of any sort. Just simply going out into gunfire with weapons blazing is suicide, not to mention incredibly stupid, and could cause you to lose your rank, and puts others at risk.
Stealth isn't a wussy tactic, it is a SMART Tactic, that allows you to stay alive and kill your opponents before they know what hit them, there ain't no respawns or save games in real life, nor is there medipacks or ego systems.

Also, this whole SSBB thing about "Team star fox always beats snake" is bullshit, any character can beat any other character if the person using that character is skilled. For example, Snake can beat sonic, but sonic could also beat snake as well. Skilled Star Fox players could beat Snake, but a skilled snake player could beat star fox with equal power. I have SSBB, and I play it about 3-5 times a day, so I know I am right on this.

BTW, The Japanese can come up with realistic titles as well, I've seen plenty of them. Also, MGS Isn't fantasy, but more SCI-FI, like Stargate. I've played a number of Japanese games that reach in the double digits, so I should know.

All I must say is neither can be compared. Both characters kick ass in their own ways. Duke does it through sheer weapon firepower and brute force, Snake does it through killing before the target even knows he's there.

I don't really care for the MGS Series, but that doesn't make me bash the hell out of it. So even though you did like MGS before but prefer duke now, doesn't mean you should run your mouth off before having any solid facts or information about what you are fighting for. I am pretty sure duke is going to succeed, but other games will still be able to come close, as long as technology keeps moving forward, games will eventually push ahead over time.

Oh, and how sickening, NOW you tell moderators to lock the topic when the thread plays in your narrow favor; hearing what you wanna hear, then not allowing anyone else to go against it, how self-centered and one-sided is that?!
Last edited by StrikerMan780; 06-22-2008 at 04:50 PM.
StrikerMan780 is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #76
timothy2
Guest
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerMan780 View Post
Rockman, your ******* overzealous Fanboyism is really getting on my nerves..... reminds me of a halo fanboi. You bash halo fanbois, and other games in general WHICH HAVE BEEN RELEASED, while acting like one for DNF, and DNF hasn't even been released and yet you are already that way.... A insane blind fanboi. Hypocrasy, it's what's for dinner.

You: OMG LAWLAWLAWL OMFGLOLOLOLLOLDUKEIStheRox0rsandpwnsawljoob1tch3s! 111elevenelevenoneoneoneone

For one, Duke ain't realistic at all... Try to take on 300 people "Like a real man" and Live to tell the tale, or look for anthropomorphic pigs wearing cop uniforms. Something tells me you haven't even done any research on mercenaries, or military tactics of any sort. Just simply going out into gunfire with weapons blazing is suicide, not to mention incredibly stupid, and could cause you to lose your rank, and puts others at risk.
Stealth isn't a wussy tactic, it is a SMART Tactic, that allows you to stay alive and kill your opponents before they know what hit them, there ain't no respawns or save games in real life, nor is there medipacks or ego systems.

Also, this whole SSBB thing about "Team star fox always beats snake" is bullshit, any character can beat any other character if the person using that character is skilled. For example, Snake can beat sonic, but sonic could also beat snake as well. Skilled Star Fox players could beat Snake, but a skilled snake player could beat star fox with equal power. I have SSBB, and I play it about 3-5 times a day, so I know I am right on this.

BTW, The Japanese can come up with realistic titles as well, I've seen plenty of them. Also, MGS Isn't fantasy, but more SCI-FI, like Stargate. I've played a number of Japanese games that reach in the double digits, so I should know.

All I must say is neither can be compared. Both characters kick ass in their own ways. Duke does it through sheer weapon firepower and brute force, Snake does it through killing before the target even knows he's there.

I don't really care for the MGS Series, but that doesn't make me bash the hell out of it. So even though you did like MGS before but prefer duke now, doesn't mean you should run your mouth off before having any solid facts or information about what you are fighting for. I am pretty sure duke is going to succeed, but other games will still be able to come close, as long as technology keeps moving forward, games will eventually push ahead over time.

Oh, and how sickening, NOW you tell moderators to lock the topic when the thread plays in your narrow favor; hearing what you wanna hear, then not allowing anyone else to go against it, how self-centered and one-sided is that?!

Completely agree with you. I have nothing against religion, but if Rockman is "god fearing" then I for sure hope he doesn't become a priest .
 
Old 06-22-2008, 09:34 PM   #77
alexgk

alexgk's Avatar
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanekuzu8 View Post
All right it's good enough for me, Moderator please close this topic.
And ban him for opening senseless threads to attack and bash any other game that isn't DNF...
__________________
Playable demo this year! Confirmed!!
alexgk is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 10:25 PM   #78
rockmanekuzu8

rockmanekuzu8's Avatar
Arrow Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerMan780 View Post
Rockman, your ******* overzealous Fanboyism is really getting on my nerves..... reminds me of a halo fanboi. You bash halo fanbois, and other games in general WHICH HAVE BEEN RELEASED, while acting like one for DNF, and DNF hasn't even been released and yet you are already that way.... A insane blind fanboi. Hypocrasy, it's what's for dinner.


You: OMG LAWLAWLAWL OMFGLOLOLOLLOLDUKEIStheRox0rsandpwnsawljoob1tch3s! 111elevenelevenoneoneoneone

For one, Duke ain't realistic at all... Try to take on 300 people "Like a real man" and Live to tell the tale, or look for anthropomorphic pigs wearing cop uniforms. Something tells me you haven't even done any research on mercenaries, or military tactics of any sort. Just simply going out into gunfire with weapons blazing is suicide, not to mention incredibly stupid, and could cause you to lose your rank, and puts others at risk.
Stealth isn't a wussy tactic, it is a SMART Tactic, that allows you to stay alive and kill your opponents before they know what hit them, there ain't no respawns or save games in real life, nor is there medipacks or ego systems.

My Response:
I already mentioned that Stealth is a smart tactic but using it too much sometimes is considered wussy like in a way. I concluded this a long time ago.

StrikerMan's Quote:
Also, this whole SSBB thing about "Team star fox always beats snake" is bullshit, any character can beat any other character if the person using that character is skilled. For example, Snake can beat sonic, but sonic could also beat snake as well. Skilled Star Fox players could beat Snake, but a skilled snake player could beat star fox with equal power. I have SSBB, and I play it about 3-5 times a day, so I know I am right on this.

My Response:
I know that, but Fox and his Team are pretty good when handling Snake, but I am just looking for a challenge that's all...

StrikerMan's Quote:
BTW, The Japanese can come up with realistic titles as well, I've seen plenty of them. Also, MGS Isn't fantasy, but more SCI-FI, like Stargate. I've played a number of Japanese games that reach in the double digits, so I should know.

My Response:
I know but primarily they're best at Fantasy or Sci-Fi based games, I like Yakuza for instance it's a pretty good realistic Japanese game. Half the games I play are Japanese, I like them and their games. Some I don't like MGS.

StrikerMan's Quote:
All I must say is neither can be compared. Both characters kick ass in their own ways. Duke does it through sheer weapon firepower and brute force, Snake does it through killing before the target even knows he's there.

My Response:
Yeah but Duke does it without having to sneak and hide, so I say he takes the cake in my opinion.

StrikerMan's Quote:
I don't really care for the MGS Series, but that doesn't make me bash the hell out of it. So even though you did like MGS before but prefer duke now, doesn't mean you should run your mouth off before having any solid facts or information about what you are fighting for. I am pretty sure duke is going to succeed, but other games will still be able to come close, as long as technology keeps moving forward, games will eventually push ahead over time.

My Response:
I did have enough Solid facts, and I understand what you mean.

StrikerMan's Quote:
Oh, and how sickening, NOW you tell moderators to lock the topic when the thread plays in your narrow favor; hearing what you wanna hear, then not allowing anyone else to go against it, how self-centered and one-sided is that?!
Actually I just thought it would be better for it to end, I don't want any more trouble OK. So please let's put out the fire already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy2 View Post
Completely agree with you. I have nothing against religion, but if Rockman is "god fearing" then I for sure hope he doesn't become a priest .
Ok Ok, don't go that far. Thanks.
__________________
What can I say I'm just a God-Fearing Peace Loving Patriotic Enthusiastic Pure Hardcore True Duke Fan.
Prepare to Witness the Might and Power of a REAL TRUE EPIC LEGEND!! DNF WILL ROCK YOU!! ARE YOU READY!! ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!! :) :)
Last edited by rockmanekuzu8; 06-22-2008 at 10:30 PM.
rockmanekuzu8 is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #79
rockmanekuzu8

rockmanekuzu8's Avatar
Smile Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgk View Post
And ban him for opening senseless threads to attack and bash any other game that isn't DNF...
That's for the Moderators to decide after reviewing this, not you man.
__________________
What can I say I'm just a God-Fearing Peace Loving Patriotic Enthusiastic Pure Hardcore True Duke Fan.
Prepare to Witness the Might and Power of a REAL TRUE EPIC LEGEND!! DNF WILL ROCK YOU!! ARE YOU READY!! ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!! :) :)
rockmanekuzu8 is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 10:49 PM   #80
Mama Luigi
 
Re: Duke Nukem Vs. Solid Snake
I will take you with snake, i hope Fox's ass is hungry for my RPG.
Mama Luigi is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:50 PM.

Page generated in 0.30215192 seconds (100.00% PHP - 0% MySQL) with 16 queries

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Website is 1987-2014 Apogee Software, Ltd.
Ideas and messages posted here become property of Apogee Software Ltd.