Old 05-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #841
Inanimate Carbon Rod

Re: The Post Thread - Part 2
I vote for big nose.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #842
Inanimate Carbon Rod

GOAL

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:30 PM ----------

http://vimeo.com/23394772
Old 06-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #843
Bam050196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanimate Carbon Rod View Post
Lmao
Old 06-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #844
Jeff

After almost 6 years of living in my place, I finally got an air conditioner. It feels nice in here.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #845
Kit

Snapped this at the rugby the other night.

Atmosphere in the ground was great.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:11 AM   #846
Sang

Kinda sad how there's a thread for Amy Winehouse but nobody's talking about the things that happened in Norway :V
Old 07-25-2011, 12:27 AM   #847
Inanimate Carbon Rod

Blame Mariamus
Old 07-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #848
ReadOnly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanimate Carbon Rod View Post
Blame Mariamus
Because only she can create threads around here?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #849
Inanimate Carbon Rod

No, because she created the Amy Winehouse thread.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #850
ReadOnly

Really?!

Kinda sad Sang wasn't able to create thread about Norway events while Mariamus could about Winehouse.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #851
Sang

Kinda sad we're still seriously copying each other's sentences like this. What are you, 12?
Old 07-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #852
fast-1

There's always bad news, kinda sad.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #853
ReadOnly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Kinda sad we're still seriously copying each other's sentences like this.
"Kinda sad" is not a sentence. Plus, looking at my first post, I couldn't get sarcasm detected without that.
Quote:
What are you, 12?
Younger.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #854
Jeff

Highlight of my day. Going into the cockpit of a Boeing 737-700 and told by the co-pilot that if he needed someone to fly the plane in an emergency he would volunteer my services. Based on what I told him, he said that plane you fly at home is pretty much like this one.

I'm in Ontario for a week visiting my dad at his summer place.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #855
ReadOnly

I hate planes.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #856
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Highlight of my day. Going into the cockpit of a Boeing 737-700 and told by the co-pilot that if he needed someone to fly the plane in an emergency he would volunteer my services. Based on what I told him, he said that plane you fly at home is pretty much like this one.

I'm in Ontario for a week visiting my dad at his summer place.
Nice one, Jeff.

I remember watching a show a few years back where they took a flight sim user and gave him control (monitored) of the plane; he did absolutely fine. ;p
Old 07-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #857
Sang

Must be some big home if you can fly around with a plane in it, Jeff.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #858
Jeff

Quote:
Must be some big home if you can fly around with a plane in it, Jeff.
It's actually a little shack on the French River in Ontario. Can't be more than 800 sq. feet. Not much bigger than my place at home. Landed in Toronto, then it was another 4 hour drive up to his place. I'll be back on Tuesday. Can't wait because I'm a bit bored up here without my usual stuff (computer, cat, TV, etc).

I'll try and sneak a video of the plane taking off. I've got a seat right next to the left engine. You're not supposed to since they say no electronics on during take off, but they said only stuff that transmits a signal. My camera is battery powered, so I don't think it's going to hurt. The plane's comm and navigation radios operate between 108-135 MHz, where as wireless is either 2.4 or 5 GHz. So it's not like they're on the same spectrum band or anything.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #859
Rapture_Rising

Ok... quick question, what is going to happen to the US if it doesnt sort out its debt crisis?
Old 07-31-2011, 12:15 AM   #860
ZuljinRaynor

Rapture.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:18 AM   #861
Sang

That and companies going bankrupt and an increase in unemployment around the globe (in the worst case scenario)
Old 07-31-2011, 05:36 AM   #862
Rapture_Rising

Quote:
That and companies going bankrupt and an increase in unemployment around the globe (in the worst case scenario)
That's the thing i find BS, the US goes down and it brings the rest of the world with it.

My prediction is that this time in 5 years, China will be the worlds biggest economy.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:56 AM   #863
Sang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture_Rising View Post
That's the thing i find BS, the US goes down and it brings the rest of the world with it.
Well yeah. The US economy very much affects other countries in the world who, for example, invested in US companies. When the housing market bubble burst a few years back, the biggest Belgian banks all were in trouble cause they had leant out money to the Lehman Brothers, who then went bankrupt and made our banks lose quite some money.

Just an example of how what happens in a US company can affect other countries in the world
Old 07-31-2011, 11:56 AM   #864
Jeff

The US reminds me of the Roman empire 1000 years ago. They were big and powerful, and if I remember, one day, they became less powerful. I'm sure one day the US will lose it's power as well.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:33 PM   #865
Sang

Quote:
They were big and powerful, and if I remember, one day, they became less powerful.
Seems like a bit of an understatement...
Old 07-31-2011, 09:03 PM   #866
Scotty

Running out of OPM is a bitch...

---

...Other People's Money...

...but as long as other countries keep extending credit to the USA, the USA will keep running up the tab...
Old 08-01-2011, 03:57 AM   #867
Waiter

Quote:
Well, that's the way the wafer crumbles in international economy. If one large economy colapses it brings the other ones down with it. If Europe would have an economical meltdown it would have negative effects on the world economy as well.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #868
Jeff

I'm pretty smart with my money. I won't drop $2000 for a new computer on credit if I don't expect to pay it off. I always pay off my stuff as soon as I make the purchase as well. Never have taken interest or anything.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #869
KO Gilligan

Last edited by KO Gilligan; 08-01-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:22 AM   #870
Jeff

I stayed awake all night because I was so excited about going home today. I should be back in Calgary by 5:20 PM MST. Flight leaves Toronto at 3:15 PM EST. My mom is picking me up at the airport and I asked my brother to come. Then we've got to pick up Cosmo and bring him back to my place. Hope he enjoys the car ride.

Got some pics and videos:

Takeoff from Toronto-Pearson Intl
Landing in Calgary Intl
Last edited by Jeff; 08-03-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #871
NutWrench

That looks like fun.
"If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Old 08-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #872
Kit

So how did you get so close.

I would have thought the cockpit would be restricted.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #873
fast-1

You must of been the pilot.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #874
Jeff

Plane was parked at the gate and the engines were shut off. Otherwise, while flying, they can't do it.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:03 AM   #875
Crosma

Exclamation Re: The Post Thread - Part 2
Quote:
i dont even think that there is $100 trillion on earth
If I'm a bank and you deposit $100 trillion in my bank, I can lend it to someone at a higher interest than I'm paying you. Now there's $200 trillion in the economy. Say they lend it to someone else at higher interest (they'd be a fool not to), now there's $300 trillion in the economy. Practically all money that exists is owed in this manner. Modern money is based around debt.

As a bank, my end of the bargain is sustainable as long as I pay the required interest (easy), and as long as I can convince you not to pull the money out (not so easy, but the Government will bail me out).

Governments are the same. They can keep borrowing forever as long as they can keep making the interest payments. They borrow more in order to make their interest payments. Inflation makes old debts worthless, and central banks can always invent more money out of nowhere.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:41 AM   #876
Waiter

Quote:
I stayed awake all night because I was so excited about going home today. I should be back in Calgary by 5:20 PM MST. Flight leaves Toronto at 3:15 PM EST. My mom is picking me up at the airport and I asked my brother to come. Then we've got to pick up Cosmo and bring him back to my place. Hope he enjoys the car ride.

Got some pics and videos:

Takeoff from Toronto-Pearson Intl
Landing in Calgary Intl
"Please turn off all electronical equipment during takeoff and landing" ...

/edit:

The shadow! I really love how you managed to get the shadow of the plane all the way to the ground on the landing movie!
Last edited by Waiter; 08-20-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #877
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter View Post
"Please turn off all electronical equipment during takeoff and landing" ...

/edit:

The shadow! I really love how you managed to get the shadow of the plane all the way to the ground on the landing movie!
It was a little bumpy taking off. I was focusing on the engine, but I guess I got the shadow as well.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:56 AM   #878
Waiter

I don't mean the take off, but the landing. You can see the shadow from the plane on the ground through the whole video.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #879
Nessus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosma View Post
If I'm a bank and you deposit $100 trillion in my bank, I can lend it to someone at a higher interest than I'm paying you. Now there's $200 trillion in the economy. Say they lend it to someone else at higher interest (they'd be a fool not to), now there's $300 trillion in the economy. Practically all money that exists is owed in this manner. Modern money is based around debt.

As a bank, my end of the bargain is sustainable as long as I pay the required interest (easy), and as long as I can convince you not to pull the money out (not so easy, but the Government will bail me out).

Governments are the same. They can keep borrowing forever as long as they can keep making the interest payments. They borrow more in order to make their interest payments. Inflation makes old debts worthless, and central banks can always invent more money out of nowhere.
Governments can't keep borrowing forever. That's like saying the way to help out a guy 30,000 in debt is to give him a new credit card. Weimar Germany and Zimbabwe are the end result, we will surely follow if we keep our present course.

Numbers are real. You can make 2+2=5 for a long time if you're a central bank that can manipulate the rules. Keynesian economics is just fraud or fake economics, Ultimately it's unsustainable. It's all just fancy voodoo talk to stop the citizens (and scholars)from realizing they are being robbed by a private central bank.

To answer the original question the US is going to default and crash. The only question is will we default through flat out non payment or hyperinflate? I vote hyperinflate. I voted with my wallet and bought a crapload of silver years ago which I know cheerily cash in every so often. Every economic expert around called me a fool for doing it back when silver was 11 bucks an ounce instead of 42. I told them they didn't understand economics and they were going to get burned and they all laughed in my face. I wish I was laughing now but my whole country is coming apart, it's really not so funny, the developed world is hurting at the hands of the central banking criminal syndicate.

And as usual our economic collapse will coincide with a nice big fat war. Despite the now deafening silence from the anti war crowd about Obama's illegal war and murder of foreign civilians for a lie it is clear our goal is more war in the middle east, most likely culminating with Iran.

Obama's war in Libya has even less pretext or legality than Bush's but everyone seems all for the illegal murder of a foreign leader who committed no crime when Obama's the guy doing it. He's under the thumb of the same people Bush was. He'll let the bankers rob us and he'll illegally murder Muslims for fun and profit, just like Bush but now no one has a problem with it.
Last edited by Nessus; 08-24-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #880
Jeff

Wouldn't want to mess with Iran, I've heard they have a ton of nukes.