Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > General Messages
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
prophecy holder

Fort hood shootings
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/tex...ngs/index.html

12 killed (I heard 13) and 31 wounded. ugh, this world is going to hell in a hurry. .
"Ever since I was a little boy, dressing up has always been...my greatest joy. But when It's time to be discreet, there is one thing you just can't beat and that's a strapless backless classical little black dress"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e4BCOrLmJ0
Old 11-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
Duke's New Chainsaw

Re: Fort hood shootings
In a hurry?

It's been taking it's sweet ass time.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
Hyperactive Slob

Sad to hear this happen but pardon me from asking why is this in the popular media forum? Anyway my prayers to the soldiers families.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
Sang

If not even a bloody military base is secure then what in the world is safe?
Old 11-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #5
Ironside

I bet the wigs are thinking now. This could be the start of a new era of shootings. This sort of thing started in the elementary schools and has worked its way all the way up to military bases.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
evanazzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
If not even a bloody military base is secure then what in the world is safe?
He was one of our own. This shit happens more often than you think. IIRC we've had two happen over here. Racism played a part in this and I understand that because I see what goes on on the inside and I know how racist we are in the military.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
Rapture_Rising

Terrible incident, its not funny that 13 people killed and 31 wounded but i find it ironic that the base's pychciatrist is the perp. Because he was a muslim they will try to say that he had links to al-queada or some other terrorist organisation.

**edit at the time of my post in australia he was still considered a suspect but i changed it now
Last edited by Rapture_Rising; 11-08-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #8
evanazzo

Suspect? He's the perp. We know it was him.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:10 AM   #9
Sang

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanazzo View Post
Racism played a part in this and I understand that because I see what goes on on the inside and I know how racist we are in the military.
Racism or religionism? A muslim on a quest to kill whitey..
Old 11-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #10
evanazzo

No. People were being racist to him. Someone vandalized his car doing over 1000+ damages.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #11
Sang

That's too bad but doesn't really justify going on a bloody rampage, in my opinion of course.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
Jiminator

I don't think he was a terrorist (ie: "recruited")
I think he was just someone that snapped under pressure and he took out his frustrations in a way consistent with his beliefs.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #13
evanazzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
That's too bad but doesn't really justify going on a bloody rampage, in my opinion of course.
That was just one incident. I'm sure he had to deal with being called all sorts of racist terms and I bet he had many acts of hatred against him. I bet you would snap too if you were ridiculed for years for being different as you tried to serve your country trying to do what you feel is the right thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminator View Post
I think he was just someone that snapped under pressure and he took out his frustrations in a way consistent with his beliefs.
I wouldn't say he did it in a way that is consistent with his beliefs. I think he did it whatever way he could. It could have also been a "Oh you guys think I'm a terrorist and are treating me that way, well I'll show you what I'm capable of and what happens when I do a real terrorist attack." Sorta a final **** you.

He also could have done it to prove a point. Saying that he's not taking the abuse anymore. He clearly figured he would die. I mean no one thinks they would get away with shooting up a military base. Maybe he wanted to be sure that no one would treat any other American Military Muslims the way he was treated. Make them think twice about calling another Muslim anything racist. Sort of sacrificing himself for the greater good.

Who knows why he did it. But I'm fairly confident that it wasn't a terrorist attack.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #14
Sang

Well from what I'm reading I don't think the guy is a terrorist, just an idiot.

As for the snapping bit: if I would snap, it would be against the deserving. But who knows, maybe the people he shot all deserved to die..
Old 11-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #15
evanazzo

You're in a Military base. You shoot one guy and suddenly everyone's a target because everyone has the potential to kill you. Hell the first guy may have been deserving. The others may have just been trying to take him down thus need to be taken out before they take you out.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #16
Sang

If he figured he was gonna die anyway then why bother trying to shoot everyone who might shoot you? Better to just accept your fate.

Of course, adrenaline rushes probably cloud one's judgement.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #17
evanazzo

Because you're determined to take out other guys that have ****** with you? Trust me it's the same concept as the pissed off teenager who was bullied his whole life coming to school with a gun. You want to shoot every prick that's ****** with you and you'll shoot anyone in your way. Vengeance mixed with blind rage will make you not give a **** who you kill as long as you get the dick you want to kill.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #18
superevilcube

Just because people were being mean, racist or whatever doesn't mean they deserved to die. He destroyed so many lives and hurt so many people, most that I bet weren't even being raciest/whatever towards him. I don't even see how you could entertain the idea of "well, they deserved it."
Old 11-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #19
Paroxysm

I don't think anyone said anything of the sort. Understanding something is not excusing it.

this is what i think of you ^&%&%^*@#^%*@#%^#@^& - dukeonly
Old 11-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #20
superevilcube

I guess you're right, sorry.
Last edited by superevilcube; 11-09-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:50 PM   #21
Water12356

Ok im giving ONE and only warning. If this conversation cannot stay civil, im locking this. end of story.

"Men trade whatever they have for sex and women trade sex for whatever they want. That may be unromantic but theres truth to it."
- Nessus
Old 11-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #22
wayskobfssae

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanazzo View Post
He also could have done it to prove a point. Saying that he's not taking the abuse anymore. He clearly figured he would die. I mean no one thinks they would get away with shooting up a military base. Maybe he wanted to be sure that no one would treat any other American Military Muslims the way he was treated. Make them think twice about calling another Muslim anything racist. Sort of sacrificing himself for the greater good.
Well at least he's alive and maybe we'll find out for once. The thing about all these mass shootings, the shooters almost always end up killing themselves before capture, and then we never have a chance at learning what was really going through their heads - and then the psychs can just say, "ID Software made them do it."
Old 11-10-2009, 02:39 AM   #23
Jiminator

you know, originally he had 2 accomplices who were arrested with him. what happened to them? or was it just a couple of muslims in the same room who happened to be there that he did not shoot?
Old 11-10-2009, 03:18 AM   #24
Steve

Quote:
you know, originally he had 2 accomplices who were arrested with him. what happened to them?
They were cleared of any wrong doing.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:20 AM   #25
evanazzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilcube View Post
Just because people were being mean, racist or whatever doesn't mean they deserved to die. He destroyed so many lives and hurt so many people, most that I bet weren't even being raciest/whatever towards him. I don't even see how you could entertain the idea of "well, they deserved it."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
I don't think anyone said anything of the sort. Understanding something is not excusing it.
This. I'm not excusing him of anything. I'm just putting it in perspective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilcube View Post
I guess you're right, sorry.
No harm no foul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water12356 View Post
Ok im giving ONE and only warning. If this conversation cannot stay civil, im locking this. end of story.
I think it's staying civil. I curse a lot but that does not mean I'm angry. I just have the habit of cursing a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayskobfssae View Post
Well at least he's alive and maybe we'll find out for once. The thing about all these mass shootings, the shooters almost always end up killing themselves before capture, and then we never have a chance at learning what was really going through their heads - and then the psychs can just say, "ID Software made them do it."
Hopefully he gets the chance before they execute him.
Quote:
you know, originally he had 2 accomplices who were arrested with him. what happened to them? or was it just a couple of muslims in the same room who happened to be there that he did not shoot?
I'm betting on them just being in the same room
Old 11-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #26
Tetsuro

Regardless of whether terrorism had anything to do with any of this, you can bet the terrorist organizations are going to pretend it was just to send people the message that they're not safe even in their own military compounds on their own homeland.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #27
evanazzo

Actually their just praising him as a hero. They're not claiming responsibility.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #28
Jiminator

terrorism is defined as some action against the general civilians intended to create terror for the purpose of political change

this is more of an "act of war" where the aggressor is one person and the target is a military establishment.

that was explained on talk radio, there is a difference.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #29
Ironside

Quote:
terrorism is defined as some action against the general civilians intended to create terror for the purpose of political change
spot on! many, many governments practice terrorism. Do they still have yellow, orange and red terror alerts over there everyday? What was up with all that bs?
Last edited by Ironside; 11-10-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #30
MrAdidaking

Quote:

He didn't commit these murders because of his beliefs- anybody remember going postal? Postal workers snapping and shooting coworkers and other people?

Its not a religion thing.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:09 AM   #31
evanazzo

Jiminator. Post the link
Old 11-11-2009, 05:24 AM   #32
Pansa
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdidaking View Post
He didn't commit these murders because of his beliefs- anybody remember going postal? Postal workers snapping and shooting coworkers and other people?

Its not a religion thing.
you could argue that your (personal) religions stance concerning revenge and justice is a rather important factor in such things^^.

But i agree that its hardly objective enough to "blame" a whole religion on someones personal stance on it.

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Quote:
not nescesairily, there is terrorism where terror isn'T the primary objective, instead leverage is, and the political gain may be steps removed, in that an act of terrorism can actualy be about MONEY to fund future endevours.

But if your point was to clarify that terrorism usualy is a calculated act and passion is only involved at a personal executive level, than i agree.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:42 AM   #33
Jiminator

the guy was a nutcase...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091107/..._hood_shooting
Quote:
FORT HOOD, Texas – There was the classroom presentation that justified suicide bombings. Comments to colleagues about a climate of persecution faced by Muslims in the military. Conversations with a mosque leader that became incoherent....

...snip...

"I told him, `There's something wrong with you,'" Osman Danquah, co-founder of the Islamic Community of Greater Killeen, told The Associated Press on Saturday. "I didn't get the feeling he was talking for himself, but something just didn't seem right."

Danquah assumed the military's chain of command knew about Hasan's doubts, which had been known for more than a year to classmates in a graduate military medical program. His fellow students complained to the faculty about Hasan's "anti-American propaganda," but said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim student kept officers from filing a formal written complaint.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #34
wayskobfssae

[QUOTE=Pansa;903634]you could argue that your (personal) religions stance concerning revenge and justice is a rather important factor in such things^^.

But i agree that its hardly objective enough to "blame" a whole religion on someones personal stance on it.[quote]

Well ok, religion may have influenced it, and since religion has had a huge impact on nearly all human morality, one could argue that religion is still at the heart of everything. But maybe it's easier to just say that it wasn't a Crusade/Jihad.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #35
NutWrench

Fox News is full of dicks.

There's a distinct difference between a "terrorist attack" and a murderous rampage. If this was a "terrorist attack" then which terrorist organization is claiming credit? What political aims was this "terror attack" supposed to accomplish? Bonus question: does Fox news know what a terrorist is?
"If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Old 11-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #36
thefly

Hey, NutWrench, do you like Fox News?
Old 11-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #37
Jiminator

face it, terrorism sells paper and it makes news. people love to hear about terrorism (or mass killings in this case). They revel in the drama about how horrible it is. The people reading the stories will think how it could have been them, how they visited the city once, or had a friend in the military or other crap like that. The reality is that you are hundreds of thousands of times much more likely to die from mundane stupid causes. Car accidents, pool drowning other things that occur so frequently we just dismiss them.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #38
thefly

I'm pretty sure that anything that personally doesn't affect me immediately is not important and should never be talked about, discussed or mentioned.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #39
NutWrench

Conservatives have been peeing their pants non-stop for the last eight years with "terror" this and "terror" that. Peeing. Their. Pants.

Appealing to fear is the only thing they can do to keep themselves relevant these days. I mean, lets face it, they've sucked at foreign policy, fiscal policy, disaster relief, environmental management, health care. What are they going to run on in next years midterm elections?
"If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Old 11-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #40
thefly

Well, hopefully everyone shot at Fort Hood was a Republican.

Edit: Allah willing, of course.
Last edited by thefly; 11-12-2009 at 01:24 PM.