Old 01-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #121
Frostbyt3

Re: What was the last game you played: New Era
Played Duke nukem 3d today
Old 01-18-2015, 11:14 AM   #122
BloodShed

One Finger Death Punch

Half-Life: Uplink (The demo converted to a Steam friendly mod)
Last.fm profile
Old 01-19-2015, 05:26 AM   #123
Rapture_Rising

The Long Dark, survival simulator in the aftermath of a zombieless apocalypse.

It's quite a deep game, you have to balance a lot of statistics to survive, like keeping warm with clothes that degrade, keeping healthy from food that you find and keeping your calories up from all the walking.

It's early access at the moment but it's highly polished. Next time it's on sale i suggest picking it up.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:09 AM   #124
December Man

The Evil Within. At this point I'm tired of whining about games from 2014, but how can I, if last year was one of the worst years in gaming in recent memory?
The developers of TEW must've literally had a checklist that went something like this:
-do something from Resident Evil 1? Check
-Resident Evil 4? Check
-Silent Hill (preferably SH4)? Check
-Outlast? Check

Throw'em into a pot, shake, stirr and voila! A grey, tasteless mix of other peoples' ideas with a pinch of pretentiousness.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:37 PM   #125
Bam050196

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Haven't finished, but fairly close to the final mission.

A little disappointed, I don't know why, but I'm just not having as much fun as I did with RTCW and Wolf(2009). It also seems to take itself a little too seriously.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:07 PM   #126
ScrewingUpMyRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam050196 View Post
Wolfenstein: The New Order

A little disappointed, I don't know why, but I'm just not having as much fun as I did with RTCW and Wolf(2009). It also seems to take itself a little too seriously.
Didn't gel with me either. It was kind of like a Remedy game without the charm.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:57 PM   #127
Nukkus

Thunderforce V on Sega Saturn.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:09 PM   #128
Stevey Boy

Grey Goo
Old 02-04-2015, 04:49 PM   #129
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Dying Light

Zombie head go... crack...

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 02-06-2015, 09:40 PM   #130
NutWrench

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, with the Shifter interface and the Newvision Texture update.

Also played some of the Wyrmstooth DLC for Skyrim. The music is really nice, especially this track which plays in the Dimfrost caverns. Dimfrost is like Blackreach in the regular game, only it's about 4-5 times bigger (it's what Blackreach should have been, IMO.)
"If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Old 02-09-2015, 05:50 PM   #131
Riddlewire

Project Eden

Environmental puzzlers don't really make for great screenshots.
Fun game, though. Long, interesting, not too convoluted. Recommended if you've had enough modern action games for a while.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:33 AM   #132
dan2091

Finished The Legend Of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds today. The rent system was a great change, with enough items on the dungeons to have a reason to look for something new on each one of them. Puzzles where very good, too. Have to admit the game was somehow easy.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:07 PM   #133
fofo.rider

Alien Isolation

Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 PM   #134
Jeff

Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Chicago-O'Hare to Toronto-Pearson Intl

The Steam Edition isn't the same as the FSX SP2/Acceleration DVDs I had before. They've done some code optimizations (recompiled using Visual C++ 2013, as opposed to 2005), config and other tweaks that I had to add before are done by default.

Feels smoother with higher settings. Decreased VAS usage, especially with DirectX 10 enabled (more than regular FSX). Faster texture loading although could be faster if I had better hardware (PCIe limited, don't have the latest stuff).
Last edited by Jeff; 02-18-2015 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #135
BloodShed

Doom 2 with selfie stick

Some Heavy Metal F.A.K.K.

And a little Unreal 2 on the side
Last.fm profile
Old 02-19-2015, 10:09 PM   #136
Riddlewire

Gunman Chronicles

Played about half an hour of it.
It was bad.
Really bad.
I rage-uninstalled.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:42 PM   #137
storemaker
My last game was Counter Strike : GO , played with russians "love" them so much ! haha

here is my steam library photo : www.sh.st/dhnqs
Old 02-24-2015, 06:50 PM   #138
Riddlewire

No One Lives Forever 2

Does this game ever end?
I stopped around Chapter 10(?). That was more than enough for me. I know this game is beloved among classic FPS fans, but I found it to be incredibly tedious. At least it looks good, though.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:48 AM   #139
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

NOLF 2 is actually shorter then the first game.
There's 15 chapters in total.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 02-25-2015, 08:30 PM   #140
8IronBob

Yep... Definitely one of my favorites from Monolith for sure.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #141
fast-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddlewire View Post
Project Eden

Environmental puzzlers don't really make for great screenshots.
Fun game, though. Long, interesting, not too convoluted. Recommended if you've had enough modern action games for a while.
I played that on my PS2, very good but you really need 3 other people.
That's what team games should be all about, is that the Gog version you got.
If it is then do you play with others ?
When you get further down it goes on and on, meeting different people as you go lower, drive a train, fly a camera, drive a little buggy.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:26 PM   #142
Riddlewire

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast-1 View Post
I played that on my PS2, very good but you really need 3 other people.
That's what team games should be all about, is that the Gog version you got.
If it is then do you play with others ?
When you get further down it goes on and on, meeting different people as you go lower, drive a train, fly a camera, drive a little buggy.
Original version.
I played it by myself. It seems like there would be a lot of waiting around if multiple people were playing it. And you'd definitely need to be sitting side by side.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:44 AM   #143
Riddlewire

Arkham City (360)

Until last month, the newest console I owned was the Xbox (2001 ). I just never had any interest in pursuing console gaming once that next generation hit. It seemed pretty obvious that all the best games would appear on PC, anyway. However, I was always annoyed by the fact that I never got to finish the Halo story. Now that refurbed Xbox 360s can be had cheap, I finally picked one up. The first game I played was Arkham City. Seemed like a safe choice because the whole series has universal acclaim.

I didn't like it. I didn't like anything about it, really. It's so typical of modern game design. So full of interactive cinematic sequences and set pieces. Their main goal is giving you an "experience" to watch and feel like you're participating in. All the modern military shooters are really bad about this. I'm not sure I can describe exactly what I hate about them, but I know the design philosophy when I encounter it. There's a lot of faux freedom wrapped up in awesome visuals and music, and always plenty of "context sensitive" button mashing.

I've only just started with these new(ish) console games. Currently playing Warhammer Space Marine, which does nothing to convince me that it's any different from the junk I've just described. However, it was really cheap (like most last gen games for 360 right now), which I always consider to be a major plus.

I'm not looking for heads nodding in agreement. If everyone else loves where gaming has gone over the past ten years, that's awesome. On the whole, though, it just doesn't work for me. I've only played two somewhat recent games (both on PC) that I liked. Skyrim, which I thought was decent. And Dishonored, which I thought was f'n awesome.
I'm open to suggestions, though. If you think you know of any 360 games I might like, fire away. Just be aware, if the word "combo" appears anywhere in the game or gameplay description, I will likely hate it .
Old 03-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #144
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

No One Lives Forever 2

Finally made it out of the Siberia chapter. Which are well made and fun, but personally... the game really picks up after that.

Also, so damn glad I found a widescreen fix for both NOLF games that actually works. Offers widescreen, and doesn't stretch the HUD models or mess up the menus.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:25 PM   #145
Riddlewire

Space Marine (360)

It takes a while to warm up to this game. Seems very generic for the first couple of chapters. It gets better once you get past the early "red" levels that persist for the first half hour.
Nothing particularly unique about the story, although the voice acting is all very good. Music is good and unobtrusive. Very few games do as good a job at conveying the feel of "battlefield chaos" as Space Marine does.
It also has the greatest jet pack in the history of video games .
Old 03-19-2015, 09:53 PM   #146
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Are you talking about Warhammer 40K: Space Marine?
Because that game is awesome.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:13 PM   #147
Riddlewire

Yes.

I liked it much more than Arkham City.
3rd person squad shooters aren't really to my liking, but Space Marine had the right action and atmosphere. I'd give it 3.5/5.

Playing Halo 3 now. About 30 minutes in and I mostly hate it. Will update when finished .
Old 03-20-2015, 06:29 AM   #148
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

I loved Space Marine. My wife got it for me on PC for Christmas a few years back. Such a simple game, but it's so damn fun thanks to how violent and over the top it is.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:29 AM   #149
Stevey Boy

Space Marine was awesome, shame its unlikely well get another.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:32 PM   #150
Rapture_Rising

Been playing Cities: Skylines... This is the game Sim City should have been, Sim City can now rot in my unused Origin account, thanks EA for Dead Space 3 but it's not enough.

Instead of buying a random small square of land halfway across the map, you can now buy an adjacent square and expand to a total 5x5 grid if you want a mega city.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:41 AM   #151
BloodShed

Played some Outlaws and Battlezone

And some Super Mario Land emulated (I might even dust off my old Game Boy and go old-school)
Last.fm profile
Old 03-27-2015, 01:13 PM   #152
Riddlewire

Finished Halo 3

They ruined all the weapons (except the plasma rifles). Nothing felt right, ammo depletes almost instantly, tedious picking up new weapons. Few memorable battles. Felt like an arcade light shooter. Don't have a clue what the story was. Poor audio editing resulted in lots of imperceptible speech.
I suppose the multiplayer is the reason this game has gotten such good reviews. I don't have XBL Gold, so no multiplayer for me. As for the single player campaign, I'd give it a 2/5.
A big disappointment.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:55 PM   #153
December Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
No One Lives Forever 2
Also, so damn glad I found a widescreen fix for both NOLF games that actually works. Offers widescreen, and doesn't stretch the HUD models or mess up the menus.
Gief link plz. I couldn't find one.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:46 AM   #154
BloodShed

Quote:
Originally Posted by December Man View Post
Gief link plz. I couldn't find one.
This should help

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/No_One_...een_resolution

http://www.wsgf.org/dr/no-one-lives-...-spy-harms-way
Last.fm profile
Old 03-29-2015, 06:49 AM   #155
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

That's not what I use.
Those instructions will give you a widescreen resolution, but will cut off certain menu options and will stretch the weapon HUD models.

This is the fix I'm currently using. http://www.mediafire.com/download/v2hhut4112nj9mv/Nolf2_WidescreenPatch_v3.rar
As it correctly adjusts all menu options, fixes the weapon stretching issues... and allows you to select your resolution from the in game menu.

Original...

After fix...

The directions are in the download, and it's really easy to setup.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:33 AM   #156
Stevey Boy

Pillars of Eternity, just finished Act 1, although there's quests that I didn't finish, but you can still do them in Act 2.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:13 PM   #157
December Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
That's not what I use.
Those instructions will give you a widescreen resolution, but will cut off certain menu options and will stretch the weapon HUD models.

This is the fix I'm currently using. http://www.mediafire.com/download/v2hhut4112nj9mv/Nolf2_WidescreenPatch_v3.rar
As it correctly adjusts all menu options, fixes the weapon stretching issues... and allows you to select your resolution from the in game menu.

The directions are in the download, and it's really easy to setup.
Thanks!
Old 03-29-2015, 06:46 PM   #158
Riddlewire

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Definitely the most beautiful game I've ever played. The art direction is fantastic. Like an impressionist painter's idea of a post-apocalyptic wasteland, loaded with vibrant colors.

L.A. Noire may be famous for its hyper-realistic faces, but Enslaved's characters do a much better job of conveying emotion through their expressions. I can't say it's the pinnacle of digital acting, since I haven't played all the most recent games, but it's definitely a high achiever. The characters in Enslaved are believable with compelling interaction. That's a good thing, because the relationship between Monkey and Trip (lead characters) is the sole focus of the game.

The story is simple and generic, modeled vaguely on the novel Monkey, which is a translation of the Chinese novel Journey to the West. The game has an ending which seems unrelated to the rest of the game and pointless. I think I could have written a better ending. It doesn't matter, though, as the story is just a backdrop for the journey of the characters.

The gameplay is... the gameplay is largely non-existent. This is an on-rails platforming game with non-puzzles to solve. Seriously. The game tells you where to go and what to do to advance to the next section. There is some melee combat, which provides the only freedom of action. But they probably could have reduced that to stealth elements and no one would have missed it. "Interactive Cinematic Storytelling" is probably the best phrase to describe Enslaved.

If I had read a review like what I wrote about the game, I would have hated the sound of it. I despise games that take away my freedom of action. But I enjoyed this game from beginning to end (not so much the tedious final "boss battle", though).

4.5/5

(Note: the fact that I got it for $5 probably influences my score )
Old 03-29-2015, 09:43 PM   #159
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Well, Andy Serkis did motion capture for Monkey. So, there's a reason the performances are so damn stunning in the game.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:41 PM   #160
Hank

AMC TC Part Two. Not sure if this fits in this topic, but this game, even so free, rocks !

http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-amc...ffshore-oilrig