Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Prey
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-24-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Prey Weekly Update #11
Hey all; welcome to the eleventh edition of the Prey Weekly Web Update. As usual, this week has been rather busy here at Human Head. We've been splitting out time between implementing new feature requests from 3DR and fixing bugs.

At this point, though, many of the feature requests are fairly simple tweaks, things like adding in screen tips in sniper mode so you know how to zoom in and out, changing the HUD damage feedback system to something more intuitive, etc.

Check the changelog at the end of this update for even more info on what's happening with the game.

http://www.3drealms.com/news/2006/03...ly_dev_11.html

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 03-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
Kristian Joensen

Re: Prey Weekly Update #11
That was really informative. I like the fact that the artists are doing more and more bug testing.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

I expected the first remark to be about my insistance on more pictures of Crystle Lightning! I'm hurt.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:40 PM   #4
KaiserSoze

"Shake it baby"

Great update. Sniper gun in. (I didn't know this until I read it today).
Old 03-24-2006, 02:47 PM   #5
ultra tree 85!

Cool update! I can't wait to see what all the exciting things happening with the game over the next few weeks will be.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #6
brabee

Kinda borring update IMO... but the overall "closing towards gold pretty well" appeal is very, very cool
Old 03-24-2006, 04:37 PM   #7
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brabee
Kinda borring update IMO... but the overall "closing towards gold pretty well" appeal is very, very cool
I don't get it. People ask for updates, they beg for info, then when they get it, it's called "boring".

Old 03-24-2006, 04:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler
I expected the first remark to be about my insistance on more pictures of Crystle Lightning! I'm hurt.
Ah, so THATS why it took you a few days to move the forum software. You weren't working....you were ogling Ms. Lightning.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:48 PM   #9
Micki!

You insisted to get a new pic of Crystle...
And i'm VERY happy about that...

Man, i really like the changelog... It doesn't really spoil anything, and still is interesting to read...
If Ed Lima's talk at GDC is available, i'm gonna see it... Sounds interesting, since i'm very curious about the sounds in Prey...
Old 03-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #10
brabee

Quote:
I don't get it. People ask for updates, they beg for info, then when they get it, it's called "boring".
You got me wrong. Of course I'm glad to hear something, I just wanted to say that this very update isn't that special like the one about voice acting or X360 port (my opinion of course).
Plus, all I care about is "When it's done". Don't blame me
Old 03-24-2006, 07:04 PM   #11
Eli Quinn
Human Head Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian Joensen
That was really informative. I like the fact that the artists are doing more and more bug testing.
Yeah, we've been playing the game A LOT. I talked to some high school kids about my job at a career conference yesterday and I said that currently I'm pretty much getting paid to play video games all day. They thought that was cool, but I then added that this is the tail end of the development schedule, which encompassed almost five years of really hard work in every department.

Even after all the playthroughs though there are still parts that freak me out, give me chills, etc. I sometimes still have "fan" moments where I'm like "Man, that was awesome!" Then I feel kinda silly I've heard the theme music about a trillion times and I'm still amazed at what a beautiful melody it has. However it can get kinda annoying when SOME PEOPLE around here leave it blasting nonstop on their speakers when they're away from their desk
Old 03-24-2006, 07:15 PM   #12
Kristian Joensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Quinn
Yeah, we've been playing the game A LOT. I talked to some high school kids about my job at a career conference yesterday and I said that currently I'm pretty much getting paid to play video games all day. They thought that was cool, but I then added that this is the tail end of the development schedule, which encompassed almost five years of really hard work in every department.

Even after all the playthroughs though there are still parts that freak me out, give me chills, etc. I sometimes still have "fan" moments where I'm like "Man, that was awesome!" Then I feel kinda silly I've heard the theme music about a trillion times and I'm still amazed at what a beautiful melody it has. However it can get kinda annoying when SOME PEOPLE around here leave it blasting nonstop on their speakers when they're away from their desk
That is a good thing a very very good thing. It would be worrying if the developers didn't enjoy the game at this point. Actually it is pretty telling that you enjoy alot after playing it through several times. That is certainly a postive thing.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:21 PM   #13
Frogacuda
Quote:
I don't think he was complaining, just saying that this week's update is very mundane.

And it kinda is, but that's ok. Things are going smoothly, which might not be fascinating, but it is exciting.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:59 AM   #14
Kalki

Pretty cool update except that Eli's post here could have been a part of it. Crystal's picture was good too!
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 03-25-2006, 02:17 AM   #15
Micki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Quinn
Even after all the playthroughs though there are still parts that freak me out, give me chills, etc. I sometimes still have "fan" moments where I'm like "Man, that was awesome!" Then I feel kinda silly I've heard the theme music about a trillion times and I'm still amazed at what a beautiful melody it has.
Cool, that's good to hear from a developer...
The game appears to be funny and "fresh" even through several playthroughs... Wich means that the replayablility(sp) is high...

That's cool...
Old 03-25-2006, 05:39 AM   #16
Cerberus_e

Quote:
I'll give you (and all others that care) a hint: ask Tim if he wants to make it a weekly tradition, like the changelog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brabee
You got me wrong. Of course I'm glad to hear something, I just wanted to say that this very update isn't that special like the one about voice acting or X360 port (my opinion of course).
Plus, all I care about is "When it's done". Don't blame me
I'm glad the updates aren't special, because we know enough at this point

Will we see Ed's video?
Old 03-25-2006, 10:16 AM   #17
Freya

"2K has sent a tester on-site to work with the team directly for the next few weeks."

He is not a typical human head so then he must be artificial. Would be fun to see what that cyborg looks like, some blonde skinny uber-nerd gamer? BugAway Model 2K beta zero one?
Old 03-25-2006, 10:39 AM   #18
Talos

That Crystle Lightning chick sure is hot! Looks a tad like Jessica Alba...
Old 03-25-2006, 09:06 PM   #19
Water12356

Indeed!

"Men trade whatever they have for sex and women trade sex for whatever they want. That may be unromantic but theres truth to it."
- Nessus
Old 03-27-2006, 12:37 PM   #20
Antosa

Crystle Lightning

Video: Point of View GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB
Old 03-28-2006, 08:47 AM   #21
Bobby B

hmm this Crystle Lightning is hot and I wish to see more of that *smile* please :P !

There, edited to not offend
Last edited by Bobby B; 03-29-2006 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:55 AM   #22
Micki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B
hmm this Crystle Lightning is hot and I wish to see more of that ass please :P !
Aww, please try using a more "nice" language when talking about her...
She might read these forums, and get a bad impression of us guys...
Old 03-28-2006, 03:38 PM   #23
lonestar
And for no good reason at all, Joe Siegler insisted upon another picture of Crystle Lightning.

thank you very very much joe and thank you very very much chris.

www.duke4.de
Old 03-29-2006, 01:54 AM   #24
Antosa

Quote:
hmm this Crystle Lightning is hot and I wish to see more of that ass please :P !
Excuse he, Crystle

Old 03-29-2006, 03:02 AM   #25
Michelangelo
Beauty like that would be illegal in some countries

Old 03-29-2006, 03:41 AM   #26
Cerberus_e

Man, judging from how some of you are talking, when Tommy's girlfriend starts talking in the game it will immediately break the immersion for you.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:03 AM   #27
hell-angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus_e
Man, judging from how some of you are talking, when Tommy's girlfriend starts talking in the game it will immediately break the immersion for you.
Yeah, their minds will go onto something else.

I mean, seriously guys, she looks good but that is no reason to keep drooling like that. IMO that is. I would expect most of you has seen more beautifull women on the internet before.

(Else we need another babe thread. )
Old 03-29-2006, 06:54 AM   #28
Bobby B

post edited for the light hearted
Old 03-29-2006, 07:10 AM   #29
Antosa

Quote:
post edited for the light hearted
Now it's ok.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:21 AM   #30
ShadeEX

Very nice update.... i like that the changelog... and that they removed the spoilers of cource is good too...

Nice pic of Crystle too...
Quote: "In an infinite universe where reality is interpreted through our continuously fluxuating perception, providing absolute definitive proof of anything becomes a little more than speculation based on random data."

My Youtube Page-My Website(Not updated yet)-My Other Blog