Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Archives > General Messages > Popular Media Forum

Old 07-31-2006, 09:46 PM   #1
Dr. Kylstien
Does anybody remember that movie where the kids get trapped in an arcade game?
Does anybody remember that movie where the kids get trapped in an arcade game, and the only way out was to win? I remember seeing this on TV sometime in the early to mid-nineties, and I can't remember any names or anything really concrete. Any clues would be helpful.

P.S.,
It wasn't Tron.
Last edited by Dr. Kylstien; 07-31-2006 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
Wamplet

Re: Does anybody remember that movie where the kids get trapped in an arcade game?
How many were trapped? This sounds familiar.
"By god... Wamp has a point." -Damien_Azreal
Old 07-31-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
Grande 3:16

Ted Re: Does anybody remember that movie where the kids get trapped in an arcade game?
That's the plot from an upcoming flash movie I'm making! SOMEBODY STOLE IT!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:41 PM   #4
Marty

Re: Does anybody remember that movie where the kids get trapped in an arcade game?
The Last Starfighter?
Old 07-31-2006, 11:34 PM   #5
Otto von Keisinger

The Last Starfighter was where there was a arcade game being used as a training simulation. Nothing to do with being trapped in an arcade game.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:56 AM   #6
Vivi

There was an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? where a kid gets trapped inside a pinball game (in a mall).

Check out my band - http://www.myspace.com/dyingiseasy
Old 08-01-2006, 01:42 AM   #7
London_Midge

That's the plot of dozens of movies from the '80s and '90s, but my guess would be Arcade.

It was also the plot of an X-Files episode written by William Gibson, I think.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:05 AM   #8
Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto von Keisinger
The Last Starfighter was where there was a arcade game being used as a training simulation. Nothing to do with being trapped in an arcade game.
true, but if the guy couldnt think of the name, he may not remember every plot detail
Old 08-01-2006, 07:29 AM   #9
Dr. Kylstien
Quote:
Originally Posted by London_Midge
That's the plot of dozens of movies from the '80s and '90s, but my guess would be Arcade.

It was also the plot of an X-Files episode written by William Gibson, I think.
Yes, I believe it was Arcade. Thank you, it was driving me nuts.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:50 AM   #10
Tetsuro

The concept of 'people getting trapped in virtual world' is not new.

I remember seeing a movie about a guy who traded his soul for a satellite TV with 666 channels, and he got sucked into it with his ex-wife.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:00 AM   #11
hiob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuro
I remember seeing a movie about a guy who traded his soul for a satellite TV with 666 channels, and he got sucked into it with his ex-wife.
that was a cool movie, really funny.
btw: anybody seen the X-Files episode where some guys get killed in a VR game and than Mulder gets trapped inside the game, i laughed my ass of seeing this episode
Old 08-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #12
Marty

i actually watched that last night right before Midge posted about that episode. of all episodes, coincidence
Old 08-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #13
Gatinater

It's totally new. Just like some cops family being gunned down causing him to go on a shooting spree to kill all of the bad guys.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:44 PM   #14
GodBlitZor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi
There was an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? where a kid gets trapped inside a pinball game (in a mall).
Ah...now I dont feel so bad Im the only one who remembers that.
Hahha, I love youtube, guess what I found!
Part 1
Part2
Part3
Last edited by GodBlitZor; 08-01-2006 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #15
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuro
The concept of 'people getting trapped in virtual world' is not new.

that's actually a really good movie, it's called "Stay Tuned" with John Ritter I remember they mocked alot of shows in that, like Seinfeld, Fresh Prince, Different Strokes, Wayans World, etc.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0105466/ I loved that movie.

Let not mankind bogart love.
[A pessimist is what an optimist defines as a realist.]
Old 08-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #16
Kevin Wolff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodBlitZor
It was the first thing I thought of, myself.

I'm surprised you remember that at all - the show has been off the air for a pretty long time.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #17
GodBlitZor

I watched a load of them old shows.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #18
shiranui

Kiddie TRON?
TRON Jr?
Old 08-02-2006, 03:01 AM   #19
Karthik
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiob
that was a cool movie, really funny.
btw: anybody seen the X-Files episode where some guys get killed in a VR game and than Mulder gets trapped inside the game, i laughed my ass of seeing this episode
Yeah I watched it. The Ai chick was hot though....anyone know her name?

Old 08-02-2006, 03:09 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodBlitZor
Hahha, I love youtube, guess what I found!
Part 1
Part2
Part3
You are reminding me of my very TV/video game oriented childhood....

Quote:
I'm surprised you remember that at all - the show has been off the air for a pretty long time.
Hmm thats odd, for all purposes I think here in Canada that show is probably still on YTV. Mind you I have a bad habit of thinking "that wasn't that long ago" meanwhile its been many many moons....
Old 08-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #21
John

I used to watch Are You Afraid of the Dark! alot aswell, along with other Nick shows like Pete and Pete, etc. they were all gold. Too bad the new shows these days are lame.

Let not mankind bogart love.
[A pessimist is what an optimist defines as a realist.]
Old 08-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #22
GodBlitZor

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar_58
You are reminding me of my very TV/video game oriented childhood....
Yeah thats pretty much it.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:49 PM   #23
crunchy superman

Don't forget the "Bishop of Battle" sequence in "Nightmares"