Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Archives > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Prey
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-06-2006, 03:28 PM   #1
Spectre1116
Bunkers Map
hey, figured it was time to post some pics of a map ive been working on... id really like to see what everyone thinks thus far. Mind you, this is my first map ive ever made... for anygame infact. This map is largely influenced by the map Bunkers from Rainbow Six... pretty much a recreation with all the fun stuff about Prey.

Main area of the map, the 4 bunkers and trenches.

In the center is a sort of portal hub that leads to other areas outside of the map.

Opposite side of the portal hub.

Old 08-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
Spectre1116
Re: Bunkers Map

Another angle, with a portal that sends you ontop of the wallwalk above.

This is a large cylinder wallwalk that continuously rotates and leads to a room above... randomly thought it up one day and it actually worked.

Bottom of the cylinder looking up.

Top, looking down.

Thats it so far, still needs the lighting redone and going to put alot more objects such as rocks, boxes, foliage, as well as all the items for multiprey. If anyone is interested in trying it out just ask and ill post the files... afterall exploring it is a bit more fun than pictures.

Old 08-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #3
d3ad connection

Looks very nice... I would like to try it for myself :P

The cylinder wallwalk looks awesome btw.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
Spectre1116
thanks lol, heres the install for Prey Bunkers. Enjoy, and remember its far from done =P

Old 08-06-2006, 05:29 PM   #5
disposablehero86

GG, biatch.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
Smoke39

I love that rotating cylinder idea.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:13 PM   #7
d3ad connection

Just looked at the map ) It looks like it will be a great MP map.

Try adding in small details (such as pipes, dead guys, rubble) as well as some gravity flippers. :P It looks too bland right now.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #8
Spectre1116
k, thanks, ill get to the detail work later after i finalize the layout of the level. ive been avoiding the smaller details til the end because when i add them they disappear and the only way to select them is through the "Entity Info..." button. is there a way to make them all visible at once?

Old 08-06-2006, 08:50 PM   #9
Interitus

check your View-show/hide menu...

Looks great btw
Old 08-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #10
OldDog

Looks awesome, can't wait to try it.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #11
Spectre1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interitus View Post
check your View-show/hide menu...

Looks great btw
i tried everything in that menu and i still cant see the models . when you select "New Model..." and create one, do they disappear for you too?

and thanks for the comment

Edit: Ok, nvm, somehow turning off "Show Entities" made all of them appear... Well its working now, thanks
Last edited by Spectre1116; 08-06-2006 at 10:28 PM.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:38 AM   #12
DestroyerX61
How do you install it if it is not a one file .pk4

It's in base\maps but in 3 seperate files

I copied them into base\ and it still didn't work

thanks

Old 08-07-2006, 06:38 AM   #13
Circus

I tried it and its pretty good for a first map!Add about 10 more playerstarts or spawnspots or whatever they call them in this editor so players dont spawn on top of each other!
Last edited by Circus; 08-08-2006 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:34 PM   #14
Sayantan

PNG format sucks for slow connections
Old 08-07-2006, 02:13 PM   #15
Circus

Last edited by Circus; 08-08-2006 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:08 PM   #16
Spectre1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus View Post
Here I packed another one for you! You forgot the def folder with the config to see it in the menu.

Also you could add a guis folder if you need a loading pic ect but not needed now for this to work!

http://69.6.255.202/brad/bunkers.zip

Anyway you can use this for now if you want at your download site to replace the other .exe one you got there and if you look at the dm_lota map (in the "map beta release" in this forum section) and how that is set up enternally that is how you can make yours in the future to include the guis and def and maps folders inside the .pk4 for the loading pic ect.

Also if you make a new version make sure you rename it to like bunkers1 or bunkersbeta1 then bunkersbeta2 then bunkersfinal so you avoid version coflicts!

I tried it and its pretty good for a first map!Add about 10 more playerstarts or spawnspots or whatever they call them in this editor so players dont spawn on top of each other!
kool thanks, but i didnt put anything into a pk4 file because i was only showing off the layout so far and didnt feel that the def and pk4 file was necessary. i included in the install that to play the map you could just type "map bunkers" into the console. multiple spawns, items, weapons, and such will be added much later when a online playable version is released. and thanks for all the info, making the final version should be much easier now when the time comes.

ill try and get a multiprey-able up as soon as i can.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:33 PM   #17
Circus

Yes well I dont think that people are used to installing this beta stuff via an executable.

Plus during that install I dont think they are looking too closely at reading how to use a console command but?

Anyway either way I leave this on my site for today like I made it and you can take the package I made and add it to your site or leave your exe one there too!

Its all good I though it was worth trying and I try to make it work for some others is all. That DM_LotaBeta map package that Max made to me seems more logical and kind of a prototype hopefully for us to make the MP maps.

All similar to past past doom and quake im sure so good luck on that next version make it so we run it on the servers as a beta!