Old 09-18-2008, 05:25 AM   #1
Damien from omen
LAN for Duke Nukem 3D using eDuke32
Hello everyone, I'm going to set up a LAN game at school between me and a few mates when I get back from school holidays, so far here is the story:

Today, I bought in Duke Nukem 3D on my Flash Drive to play some after I had finished my IT outcome, suddenly everyone who was playing flash games got all interested, I came up with an awesome idea and we're going to try get an 8 player Co-Op or Dukematch going, so I thought I'd download Dukonnector, it worked to a degree, I managed to find out the IP adresses of the computers through that, found out all the ports Duke requires are all unblocked to my surprise, problem was, when I went to create the game, it tries to launch a command prompt window, Admins have disabled it so I can't use the command prompt.

I also tried NetDuke or something like that, I clicked host multiplayer game, it brings up a window showing me all the commands for eDuke32, but after i click okay, it shuts down eDuke32 instantly?

How can i go about hosting a LAN game and join them from other PC's with eDuke32 that doesn't involve a command prompt?

We're going to be having a very fun time now in IT classes, I can tell you that now

Thanks very much.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:57 AM   #2
Damien from omen
Re: LAN for Duke Nukem 3D using eDuke32
Anyone know how to set up a LAN game using only eDuke32?
Old 09-19-2008, 05:49 AM   #3
The Commander

Re: LAN for Duke Nukem 3D using eDuke32
Read the "Multiplayer games" section of the JFDuke release notes, they work exactly the same for Eduke32

http://static.jonof.id.au/modsuppt/j...easenotes.html

So basicly the shortcuts of eduke32 would read like this for a 3 player game:

Host
EDUKE32.EXE /net /n0:3

People Joining
EDUKE32.EXE /net /n0 192.168.1.5 (You need to change the IP to the Host's IP adress)

Notes, The host must launch his shortcut first then the people joining launch theres,

Duke Nukem Red Alert SVN

Ask Me Anything!