Old 08-26-2001, 08:08 AM   #1
SureShot
Hmmmm
I have suddenly been struck with a dilemna. I am an unfortunate soul upon whom Max Payne crashes if I enable sound.

Unfortunately, without the sound, I miss out on thousands of funny conversations (Which generally reveal hints on how to do things) and I was just reading a post about how someone was stuck in a long passage or something. The answer was to follow the eerioe voices - he was fine, but what can I do?

Two ways around this:

1) Have some kind of subtitles for me to follow

2) Is there a way to play sound anyway? Like disable sound card in some way, but here the sound in the game? I know it sounds foolish, but my computer knowledge is very limited, and it is incredible what some folk can do...

Cheers for reading

Sure Shot
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 04:06 PM   #2
SureShot
Re: Hmmmm
Prey God, answers!
Old 08-27-2001, 04:17 PM   #3
OddBall
Do you happen to have A3D sound card and VIA chipset on your mobo? If so, read the topic: "One freeze problem more....sound card causes it" below.
OddBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 01:54 PM   #4
SureShot
Firstly, cheers for reading and answering,

As far as I am aware, I do not have that motherboard. Although I am not sure which motherboard I have, so no real point in saying the above.

I am fairly sure I have a yamaha audio device, so the problem you refer to could not be mine.

Also, I am not looking for some kind of fix - I will not change my soundcard for one game. Rather I was wondering if some kind of subtitles could be installed, or something akin to it, to let me in on what is happening.

Cheers again

Sure Shot
Old 08-29-2001, 12:11 AM   #5
Triste
I believe Yamaha has some soundcards with a3d, so just chech if your control panel has anything a3d related in it. If it does, read the support pages