Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Software Forum
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
ixfd64

Outlook 2000 questions
Hi all, I have a few questions regarding Microsoft Outlook 2000.

1. My Outlook client is configured to receive e-mail from three different accounts. I've set up Outlook to sort the incoming mail by account, but some of the e-mails do not show which account they were delivered to (see the attached screenshot). Does anyone know why this happens? I used the instructions listed here; the only difference is that my client says Internet Account instead of E-mail Account.

2. One of my e-mail accounts will expire soon (it was issued by my college, from which I recently graduated), I want to archive all of its contents into a file. I tried following the directions here, but there is no Data File Management option under the File menu. Surely there's another way, right?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: png outlook 2000.PNG (129.9 KB, 5 views)

Visit my forums!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
NutWrench

Re: Outlook 2000 questions
I think Outlook 2000 uses a Rules Wizard to sort your incoming mail into the appropriate folders. Check the menu bar at the top.
"If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Old 01-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
The Stinger
You can use Mail Store Home to archive all the e-mail into one big file, you can even use it to burn it to cd and it's free.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
Jiminator

right click on email, options, to view the headers. the header will show which email account the spam came to.

secondly, look at your email accounts, if you see exchange, view properties for it. if you have cached exchange mode checked, or if there is no exchange listed you are fine. your emails are on your computer and deactivation of that email address will not cause anything to get lost.

the question to ask is can you read the emails if you are not connected to the internet? if the answer is yes then you have a local cache (in a data store) and it will not disappear once the email address is inactive.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
ixfd64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutWrench View Post
I think Outlook 2000 uses a Rules Wizard to sort your incoming mail into the appropriate folders. Check the menu bar at the top.
I tried that, and it's much more useful than what I did earlier.

Thanks!

Visit my forums!